Aramex Shop and Ship

Noctis

Shop and Ship is a mail forwarding service that redirects parcels from the US, UK and China to your home address.

Q. How do join SnS and what are the charges applicable?

You can join at their site - Shop and Ship

Registration charges are $45, but you can register for $5 if by using a promotional code. Try this USD5983402. If it does not work simply send a message to shop and ship's twitter a/c and they will give you one.

Q. How do I make a purchase?

First of all read their online FAQ and List of unacceptable items to see if the items you want to purchase are allowed or not.

You can make a purchase from any US/UK/China website (those like Amazon recommend, and sometimes online sellers may not ship to a mail forwarding service). Just enter the address as described in the sns site when you check out. Note that there may be other procedures to follow when making and order from China, it is recommended to talk with the sns cc before you make one.

Q. What are the shipping charges applicable and how can I pay it?

Shipping is currently charged at the following rates. Be sure to confirm this with the website as it may change in the future.

First 500 gms - $10

Incremental 500 gms - $8 each

Customs, service tax etc. are extra.

Q. I made an order using the SnS addres and paid, what do I do now?

After ordering and item through the vendor's site, email the invoice and tracking no. to india@shopandship.com. Shop and Ship will handle the rest and inform you via email when they receive the parcel. From here on it is automatically redirected and delivered to your house, and SnS will contact for any clarifications about customs. You can also track the parcel through their site.

Q. What are the chances of being charged by customs and is there any way to avoid it?

All imports have a chance of being charged by the customs and sns will call and confirm the same with you before they pay and clear it. They always tries to pass parcels through customs as duty free gift, but the experience of users here shows how well it goes depends on your luck. (some users received their items as duty free while others who made the same order around the same time were charged)

Generally smaller and cheaper parcels have a higher chance of passing them.

Q. What are the customs rates for the items I just ordered?

Use the list below as a guide (it can change). You can send a message to the sns cc through their site to confirm the rates before making the order.

NOT UPDATED TO REFLECT THE RECENT BUDGET YET

Video game console - 26.85%

Console games - 26.85%

Monitor - 15.3%

HD TV (LCD, LED, Plasma) - 26.85%

Laptops/iPad - 14.71%

Laptop battery - 26.85%

Mobile Phones - 2.3%

iPod - 26.85%

Digital Camera - 26.85%

Graphics Card - 15.03%

Speakers - 26.85%

Headsets - 26.85%

Blurays - 26.85%

Apparels - 26.85%

Books -duty free

Links

Shop and Ship
FAQ
List of unacceptable items

UHUag.jpg

Do I have to renew my Shop and Ship membership on yearly basis?

No, you don’t. When you initially register to Shop and Ship , you pay a one-time non-refundable $45.00 sregistration fee. And then, you only pay Shop and Ship shipping charges and custom duties (if any), when you receive your shipment

o_O what's their selling point ? If we are paying everything lol.. Only advantage I see is those items which don't get shipped to India they make it happen.. anything other than that :scratchchin: ?

o_O what's their selling point ? If we are paying everything lol.. Only advantage I see is those items which don't get shipped to India they make it happen.. anything other than that :scratchchin: ?

you can shop from those countries ie uk us and china and get it delivered.any site for that matter from those countries.

obviously the cost will be lesser then what other sites who deals in such thing (sites like shopyourworld,icc,ebay globalbuy etc,cart2ndia)

Its one of the cheapest and fastest ways to get things from US sites like amazon which they don't usually ship to India (includes all games, consoles and accessories).

Maybe all the games you are interested in releases here, but I usually end up having to import half of the games I play. Sites like Amazon, bestbuy, gamestop etc. also runs regular sales. And devices like the PSV should be cheaper at launch.

btw you can ask sns twitter for a code to register for $5.

Noctis, just took this from SnS TE thread. Please update whatever is left in the OP.

Laptop/Computers /iPad 14.712%

Other than Movie CD/DVD

Digital Steal Image Camera

Sports Equipment

Computer Printers

mino/Hard Disk External

And other computer peripherals

DVD/ CDS (movie) 26.849 %

Digital / Video Cameras

Medicine /Supplement’s

(Entertainment sports equipment’ (like video games)

Electronics/ Car parts

Other Than computer printers

Hand Watches

iPod

DVD Players

Cosmetics/ Stationery/Toys

Web cameras

Sunglasses

Gaming Consoles

Television

Battery (laptop)

Apparel

shoes

Artificial jewellery

Camera lens

Phone accessories

Cables/wires

Mobiles 1.3 %

Processor,modem 4 %

mino/Hard Disk(Internal)

Books Duty Free

Please note: 1)For All goods from China , all these rates will be applied on the market price as in india , and not the customs assessed value.

2) For goods with a value less than 10000 INR, we proactively mark as gifts and try a duty free clearance, however cannot promise the same, as it is subjective

Also try using USD5983402 for registering with SnS for only $5. Again from TE and was issued a couple of weeks back. Dunno whether it still works or not. If it doesn't, just tweet to them or email them and they'll send you a new personal code.

:cheers:

Noctis, just took this from SnS TE thread. Please update whatever is left in the OP.

Also try using USD5983402 for registering with SnS for only $5. Again from TE and was issued a couple of weeks back. Dunno whether it still works or not. If it doesn't, just tweet to them or email them and they'll send you a new personal code.

:cheers:

thanks for the code... just created an account... repped u :thumbsup:

Archived