What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

a dslr is NOT for videos! Dont buy an slr because u want HD video

Besides, continuous autofocus will produce a lot of sound which will get added to your video!.

edit: afaik, it does not have continuous autofocus and that is a good thing as in addition to the above problem, most of the time the camera does not know where to focus!

Edited by Death Stryke

Yup

95k Yen or abt 1100$. The guy was kind enough to throw in couple of high speed SD cards and a camera bag, although I didn't understand a single word of what he said.

Awesome, though I don't have the balls to splurge that much on a DSLR yet. I am hoping to snag one for somewhere around $400-$500. I guess your lens would have jacked up the price quite a bit.

Awesome, though I don't have the balls to splurge that much on a DSLR yet. I am hoping to snag one for somewhere around $400-$500. I guess your lens would have jacked up the price quite a bit.

Yeah the body itself was around 700$. And both lenses cover large range from 18mm to 250mm.

Even I'm planning to buy a DSLR pretty soon.

CC,

Does it have auto focus for recording videos ?

Yes it does, but its contrast based like you see in most P&S cameras, so its pretty slow. Almost takes a second to lock AF. Still, the quality of video is quite good for a DSLR camera.

Thanks! Loving it a lot, tinkering with that and the Galaxy S as well.

The Desire Z would be the European/Asian version of the G2, with Sense. The G2 is 95% stock android, with wireless tether removed and quite a lot of Google apps added by T-Mobile.