FIFA 17 - Deluxe edition help

abhi.eternal

I bought FIFA 17 Deluxe Edition during the sale on PS3. In downloads, I could see only the Standard Edition so I downloaded that. In my PSN account, I saw I have 3000 FIFA coins. Can someone please tell me how to get those? Also, what is the best way to spend them? I usually play only online seasons or kick-off. I understand coins are mostly used in FUT. Also, do I get anything other than 3000 coins with the Deluxe Edition? TIA.

P.S. Originally posted in EA FIFA 17 Answers forum, but no help there yet.

Thanks for the replies, guys. So am I to understand that these coins (FIFA coins) are limited to FUT mode only? If so, what are the coins that I use buy store items called, the ones I get after playing online matches? They can't be called points because there is a point meter just preceding that for leveling up. Uff, this is too confusing. (Last FIFA game I had was FIFA 12. In that the level up points showed in a bar which made it easier to understand, and a ticker indicated which song was playing. That made for a much better experience).

Damn, I'm getting confused again. Please help me out here..

FIFA coins: Used in FUT to buy packs such as bronze, silver, gold (Of which I have 3000 with my Deluxe purchase)

FIFA points: Used for level ups

In-game currency: Used for purchases such as celebrations, kits etc.

Am I getting this right? Also, if I start playing FUT, do I use the in-game currency to buy/sell players or FIFA coins? TIA.

FIFA coins -> in-game currency. You use this for basically everything. From buying players to packs to draft to anything.

FIFA points -> you get 3000 for deluxe and you can spend it on packs and draft ONLY.

You cannot use points for anything else.

If you are going to start FUT, use those points for draft single player mode and get a good amount of packs by winning. This will also get you going on FUT mechanics and draft ideas. Obviously, if you are good at it, you can jump to the online draft.

Buying packs using points is the worst way to spend.

sfyCggj.png

Those 25K packs cost 500 FIFA Points (which you can also buy using real money; just waste of money, though).

As you can see, I have 115911 coins. I can use those to get players and other stuff from the market. Can also spend on the store and the draft.

Thanks for the explanation, but I'm afraid I need more!

From your screenshot, it appears that points and coins are treated differently in online and FUT modes. I'm not sure if your pic is from PS3 as I have not started FUT yet, but I have something similar to this..

A1098-63.jpg

In the above pic, you can see there are 537 'coins'. Are the FIFA coins you are referring to same as this, and they only show up with a different icon in FUT mode? If that's the case, then I guess I have understood how it works.

Also, how to get my 3000 points? Will they show up automatically if start playing FUT? I have actually not delved much into FUT menu as it asks me to set up a team and I am not ready to do that as of now.

Ah, those are EAFC coins. They are just used for their catalogue thing where you can "unlock" some stuff. You will get those by playing.

You should be getting you 3000 FIFA points when you start FUT season.

Archived