The Android Thread

pArth

Did u check if the imei is visible in the settings> about screen?

Just spoke to that friend. And he confirmed it was the motherboard that was replaced and not the entire handset. That after the service center tried reflashing.

Make sure though you push for it. My friend had to hit up some senior management before Sammy agreed for the motherboard replacement.

Ya well. He said he will if the repair fails.

No emei in setting, a says unknown.

And

ulgrM.jpg

Why don't you flash the PHONE/MODEM part again ? I haven't tried Android, but did plenty of ROM flashing on the older WinMo (Omnia 2) and there was always an option for flashing all the aspects individually.

My micro usb cable wasn't with me, so I couldn't try it by myself. I think simply reflashing the rom should work, but im kinda scared about this getting bricked forever.

Edited by Udham

^^ It's under warranty right ? If it is, big deal. Flash all you want and if it bricks, throw it at the service centre buggers. They don't check for any flashing/rooting AFAIK.

Don't come hunting for me if the opposite happens. :fear:

Got this weird problem on my S2,the home button has become unresponsive and will only work on pressing it hard.Now i have heard horror stories about the Samsung Service Centers ie getting the phone back with scratches ,replacement with refurbished phones,which makes me wary of sending it for repairs.

Has anyone had a bad experience with Samsung or am i just being paranoid ?

Edited by Sufyan

That is far from being called minimalistic unless you are referring to her skirt.

And location stealth brag, North Korea, right? :P

What is minimalistic then? I thought not having too many icons on screen is minimalistic :-( ! Anyway I'm still a beginner to android i'm far from making xda pro level home screens :-P

BTW, has anyone tried SpeakToIt assistant ? Its like siri for android, only 10 times dumb. I tried telling my name as vineet, but every time it understood it as "we need" or "we neat" :|

Edited by Ne0

And

So, did you get it fixed? Your baseband is f**ked up. That happens when you flash a FW not made for your device. I guess you flashed some carrier based FW.

Edited by Super Zombie

Well it's not for me, for my mum. Went to get the Lumia for her after convincing her on Metro but then really hated the display. Then she saw this in the store and loved how it looks. Honestly, it does look beautiful. I guess it will also get the ICS update, an Alpha build was released by SE themselves today. And it was cheaper so savings for me :D I would have loved to get her a Metro phone but don't like any out there right now. You know I'm not the biggest fan of Android..

Plus the Neo V has to be the best VFM phone right now. Where'd you get it for 16.8 with an 8 gig card and which color? Mum wants white.

Also, what's really the downside for having a low internal memory (320 mb for this)?

This. Plus the phone just looks drab. Honestly SE phones are the only ones in Android world which offer some interesting design in a sea of drab-ness. The Xperia Neo V is just right, not too big, fantastic to hold and the screen is gorgeous. Down with AMOLED.

I got mine for 15.5k. Its absolutely worth it, hands down the sexiest looking phone I ve owned till date, phone size is perfect, not huge like those galaxy phones but handy and perfect for pocket and single hand use!

Its super fast, and 320 mb internal is not really a downside, I have about 5HD games, 20 casual games, 10 apps, and still my internal is at 240mb, no slow downs either, games run beautifully(shadow gun, nova 2, 9mm, tin tin etc)

Only down side is the cam, which is very average for a 18k phone..You cant go wrong wit the NEo V..

And

ulgrM.jpg

I think its IMEI*.

Maybe u flashed a wrong FW or for another model. As said by many devs, "Dont do it, if u dont know what ur doing."

If a full one package restore doesnt work then i will suggest finding a IMEI restore thread for ur device.

Like --> http://forum.samdroid.net/f28/free-imei-restore-i5700-spica-i5800-galaxy3-i5801-apollo-5810/

Else samsung service center, who will probably change the motherboard. :thumbdown:

Edited by Mizanurification

ya, i see many awesome screen even on xda, but no idea how/where do they get them. Whatever I've installed is what is available for free on android market ....

Most of them are using MIUI rom or using custom made widgets.

You can edit/make them urself, though working with .9png is a pain in d a*s. <_<

His screenie was a nooby minimalistic too, only if he had hidden that launcher pro dock and the status bar... :wallbash:

^^ Where do you get those widgets ?

1st link -> Beautiful Widgets, MIUI Clock, MIUI Icon.

Widgets and Icon Thread-> http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=527 ,

BW- Market or ehem ehem...

My icon thread-> http://forum.samdroid.net/f42/icon-packs-3182/