RUMOUR : 60GB Xbox 360 WILL Replace 20GB Model

It's world exclusive time again.

7007-22023.jpg

Following my outing of the 16GB iPhone I have once again have attained from a rock solid source that Microsoft WILL be replacing the 20GB hard drive on the standard Xbox 360 with a larger 60GB version. Dates are not nailed down, but my source says Microsoft wants it done and dusted before the end of its financial year which translates as our Q2.

Interestingly the company is also toying with the idea of introducing a new 360 SKU and given that hard drive and connectivity variations are already covered it would seem that the most logical conclusion is a model with a built-in Blu-ray drive. An external drive makes sense too, but with the format war over it wouldn't explain Microsoft's hesitation and while it goes against the company line that the 360 is primarily a games console (verses the PS3's media centre ambitions) the collapse of HD DVD may well mean it at least wishes to give users the option. Tying this all up neatly is news that Microsoft is known to currently be in discussions with Sony.

At this stage how all these moves will affect the Arcade is unknown. A price cut is widely rumoured to be coming this month but - at least for now - it is unlikely to also be the beneficiary of a hand-me-down 20GB hard drive.

Back to certainties however, so let me tell you this: if you've been saving up for a 20GB Xbox 360 hold off. The 60GB model IS coming and you can take this exclusive to the bank...

_________

OMG,

2 days in a row,

Now what PS3?

that is f**king sh*t!!!!!!!! 60GB................ dear lord, how lazy is MS getting.

i praise sony for there kill idea on easy HDD swapping....................... rocking 160GB on ps3.

but this is smart move by ms, as now they don't have to lower the price for the premium console, just great.

where did this come all of a sudden?! the 20gb they're talking is the premium is assume?! if they maintain same prices, then this 'll be a cool boost to their sales..plus gta4 comes soon too...

but dammit thisll never come to india..we still don hav hdmi in our premiums :(

Yes, even I think its lame idea...and might be a rumor....& I dont think if this step is taken, in any way it will have sm major effect on its sales....!!

personally i think its a good move to replace the 20 gig models with the 60gigs, early adopters might think they got screwed but that's how this industry works

now instead of making the arcade or core pack HDD less, atleast put a 20gigs as standard on each sku

why is there "Confirmed" in the title? there is no confirmation from Microsoft or distributors or retailers. the fact that one of their earlier rumours came true doesnt mean all their rumours are to be believed as news

and i dont see the big deal with this, just like i didnt see a big deal with the 80 GB PS3 or 120GB Elite.....is a bigger HDD.....a new SKU.....so what?

now if they plan to make the 20GB the core model ie: HDD in every SKU....that would be big news, but this rumour stops short of that speculation

peace

TR confirmed this. You want me to change this?

Archived