Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

^Jack Reacher was a decent watch.

I second that.... It was alright for a one-time watch. Not too bad.

The funny part of the movie was where he tries to ram an Audi A6 C6 (all wheel drive Quattro) off the road with a 1970 Chevelle SS :lol:

There''s one other funnier scene where he blends into the crowd and a guy hands him a cap. :rofl:

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

Good that u mentioned.. Exactly why does the cap gets handed?

I honestly have no explanation for that. It was bizarre. The only thing I can think of is the folks in that part of town wanting to stick it to the cops, though I can't vouch for that because I don't know Pittsburgh all that well.

The damn movie sucked at so many levels.

I am a teetotaler, but i was ready for a nice bottle of beer.. It was that bad.

Good that i didnt paid to watch the silly movie at the halls, else i would have started looking at hollywood with skepticism as well.

spoiler starts:-

Right from the word go, who is reacher u ask? Well sir u see, he is the winner of all the medals our army can bestow.. Heck we made few categories like srk gets award categories made for himself. he is so decorated he prolly gained 50 pounds when he walks with em medals. I mean cept for the wedgie done on the unit's CO.. he has done every distinction. And hence we can't find him.

And he simply walks in. Bravo mayte!!

Reacher tries to be tough and cool at the same time. Honestly, cannot carry it off.

He is not Clint Eastwood. And this is not dirty harry crammed in one.

Girls are literally falling for him for no apparent reason. Labored sentiment strewn all around.

You hit the fellow flush with a baseball bat.. and Wow, he is not even getting a hangover.

The goons are hitting each other more efficiently than the target. Circus in town ?

Driving in the wrong lane in a tunnel really was a pleasant ride. I got to say all the cars in there really played it cool..

Cap scene.. well u know the details

The crowd doesnt runs off/scatters away by seeing such a stunt, that a guy simply abandons a car and is now headed towards them.. afterall, this is a routine in this nick of the woods.

The black officer conveniently doesnt takes cognizance of the sorroundings, and cruise simply .. well cruises off. This is what i call the art of slipping away.

That dumb villain, who tried to chew his finger on order.. You wanna get shot cuz the director said so.. and hence u were on your knees already. A guy who had a gun was conveniently on ur backside. I mean why give so much pain to the camera and making it wait.

The Zec.. well you chewed off your fingers cuz there was a hole in your pocket. Well done.

I really want to tear into your theory, but i might as well wait cuz who knows, u mite spring up ur personal Ramlaal as well!

You go into a climactic battle and you get a nice knife for the fellow? This is open war!

Why not bring along an Easter bunny dressed as Rambo while we are at it.

And why doesnt James Barr remember nothing? Well the lady already mentioned that as a possibility and we got to respect that. Professional courtesy.

This is something i am not too sure about:

1) While at the shooting range, somebody is shown approaching tom cruise from behind. Who n Why ?

2) Reacher lands up at Sandy's murder scene and he is immediately a suspect. Why?

(i really had stopped bothering really)

Edited by Spacescreamer

^Jack Reacher was a decent watch.

I second that.... It was alright for a one-time watch. Not too bad.

The

funny part of the movie was where he tries to ram an Audi A6 C6

(all wheel drive Quattro) with a 1970 Chevelle SS :lol:

There''s one other funnier scene where he blends into the crowd and a guy hands him a cap. :rofl:

Yup. It was a decent movie.

Spoiler

:doh: Put spoiler tag

Them spoiler tags not working for me (must be doing something wrong).. hence mentioned in bold.

There's no spoiler tag at the beginning, perhaps that's the issue?

Testing tags

Testing

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

nah.. i did applied one.

What is happening is, that the spoiler block appears right in the beginning and contains nothing.. All the text gets enlisted below. Which would have been even worse.

So i did the bold mentioning part. Tried many combinations, and only the first para gets enlisted in the spoiler block at best.

I know the game of tags mate :) This one not working somehow.

Oh that one was a decent watch.

J.Shergill really did acted well. Needless to say the other veteran actors were brilliant esp Mahie Gill.

Worthy of a watch. Had to watch the part 2 cuz it was .. part 2.. and this one was tedious effort really.

Perks of being a wallflower- 7.5/10

Well made movie.

• Like 1

Oh that one was a decent watch.

J.Shergill really did acted well. Needless to say the other veteran actors were brilliant esp Mahie Gill.

Worthy of a watch. Had to watch the part 2 cuz it was .. part 2.. and this one was tedious effort really.

Perks of being a wallflower- 7.5/10

Well made movie.

Thanks. will watch it.

Some friend was telling me about it...but his choice of movies i do not like usually ...sala ne idiot idiot picture bhi recommend kiya hai..