The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

I dislike the F30. Bimmer's move towards a more mass-market, softer car, that stupid steering wheel, and reduced resale value make it a big no, no for me. And it doesn't help that it looks like an Angry Bird.

Despite all the e90 talk among the bimmer faithful, the f30 is faster and handles just as well while drinking less fuel and being larger. Though the angry birds criticism is common, I like how they took the soft looks of the previous model and threw in a slight bit of Mustang to the side profile.

And yes, way too much Merc love in this thread :P

Sweet car man. How much? $25-28k? Handles very well.

I think he got a good deal (perks of being in the automobile industry I guess) 27k, does not like to give me the actual price least I start hounding him for stuff :P

May it be brz or gt-86

Yet it was one of the finest cars and I simply love it, how much did it cost indian conversion pkease ;)

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

About 15 lacs..

Edited by ScrewyAurum

I think he got a good deal (perks of being in the automobile industry I guess) 27k, does not like to give me the actual price least I start hounding him for stuff :P

About 15 lacs..

thats kickass

Edited by Iceman™

Which BMW did you end up with? Please say it was a 530d! I think it's one of the best all round cars in India.

Yup

And while we are discussing merc. Did you try the recently launched R class? The car is pure disgrace to mercedes imo, it never should have seen the light in india.

R Class was dead on Arrival since day one, when it launched back in 2005 NY Auto Show, Honestly it started as a wonderful concept GST in the early 2000's but tricked down with loads of delay, and a pathetic CEO, and a bad merger and blah blah, good news is it no more will exist :)

And about the 530d, Any mods done / planned?

And while we are discussing merc. Did you try the recently launched R class? The car is pure disgrace to mercedes imo, it never should have seen the light in india.

And talking of cars outside the German Trio, This is something I would own day 1 if ever launched in India, Any other fans here?

Lexus-GS-F-Sport-3.jpg

Edited by Babyzelda

R Class was dead on Arrival since day one, when it launched back in 2005 NY Auto Show, Honestly it started as a wonderful concept GST in the early 2000's but tricked down with loads of delay, and a pathetic CEO, and a bad merger and blah blah, good news is it no more will exist :)

And about the 530d, Any mods done / planned?

We did remapping and did some other tweaking but after 2 months the bmw service people changed face and started bullshit on cutting warranty. So removed everything till we go till 60k kms. (50+ now). But the base is a amazing enough.