Gaming PCs

AtheK

I don't really need a keyboard cause I'm fine with the cheap one that I own. :P

Will you purchase this RIG locally or online?

Either way, ~45000/- is a tight budget. I would suggest the following components,

AMD FX-4300

MSi 970A-G43

Corsair Vengeance / G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 / Western Digital Blue Edition 1TB

HP / ASUS (boxed) optical drive

Sapphire / MSi R9-270X / MSi GTX760 OC Edition

Cooler Master N200 / N300

Seasonic S12II 520W

[rest up-to you]

Need a help.

Things all are bought and configured.. Will share the pics later.

Now the issue is whenever I'm doing a restart or sometimes just starting only by clicking the power button.. My monitor is going into power saving mode

.LG. Monitor.... Any solution for this.. Don't know.. Searched all night at net.. Couldn't get a solution.. Proper one.

Couldn't able to install windows Bcoz of this.

Inputs Plse.. ASAP

Btw I'm using HDMI -HDMI from gpu to monitor

Try to route the display via your iGP.

If that fails too, the monitor is cuckoo.

Before i buy the R9 270x, just wanted to confirm here,

Is my Corsair CX500 V2 enough to power it?

It will work fine although that power supply series is not what I recommend in any builds.

Is enough but try 600w so that you get a little headroom for overclocking and don't stress the unit much.

His 500W unit is also enough for over-clocking, just that it is not the best unit for the task.

And buying a Seasonic S12II 520 will add to the costs. So catch 22.

Hi guys..

Need a help.

Things all are bought and configured.. Will share the pics later.

Now the issue is whenever I'm doing a restart or sometimes just starting only by clicking the power button.. My monitor is going into power saving mode

.LG. Monitor.... Any solution for this.. Don't know.. Searched all night at net.. Couldn't get a solution.. Proper one.

Couldn't able to install windows Bcoz of this.

Inputs Plse.. ASAP

Btw I'm using HDMI -HDMI from gpu to monitor

I have same issue with LG monitor. Since I don't turn off PC, the issue occurs very rarely (like once in a month).

I just press power button 1-2 and it starts working fine. Weird issue.

Edited by Heaven Angel

Is enough but try 600w so that you get a little headroom for overclocking and don't stress the unit much.

It will work fine although that power supply series is not what I recommend in any builds.

His 500W unit is also enough for over-clocking, just that it is not the best unit for the task.

And buying a Seasonic S12II 520 will add to the costs. So catch 22.

Yup, cannot afford a new PSU at the moment, already going a little overbudget with the card and new cabby (Corsair 400R since my current cabby cant accomidate the card)

will upgrade the PSU in the next upgrade cycle and get a card of 280x caliber along with it B)

Yup, cannot afford a new PSU at the moment, already going a little overbudget with the card and new cabby (Corsair 400R since my current cabby cant accomidate the card)

will upgrade the PSU in the next upgrade cycle and get a card of 280x caliber along with it B)

Don't keep switching cards, get one now or get one when you upgrade the SMPS.

No point switching a card every once a year.

A friend wanted a gaming pc for 30k(excluding monitor but including kb+mouse).. ya :P i said go home, you're drunk. Was he? Suggest a rig pls.. best VFM, 500 or even 320 gb hdd would do i guess..

I am sorry, I am not a magician. -_-

Edited by ALPHA17

Will you purchase this RIG locally or online?

Either way, ~45000/- is a tight budget. I would suggest the following components,

AMD FX-4300

MSi 970A-G43

Corsair Vengeance / G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 / Western Digital Blue Edition 1TB

HP / ASUS (boxed) optical drive

Sapphire / MSi R9-270X / MSi GTX760 OC Edition

Cooler Master N200 / N300

Seasonic S12II 520W

[rest up-to you]

The price difference between MSi 970A and ASRock 960GC seems to be pretty high. Would it really make a lot of difference? :fear1:

A friend wanted a gaming pc for 30k(excluding monitor but including kb+mouse).. ya :P i said go home, you're drunk. Was he? Suggest a rig pls.. best VFM, 500 or even 320 gb hdd would do i guess..

Fx-4300 -6800

Kinston hyperx 4gb -2200

Seagate barracuda Hdd 1tb -4000

Cabinet -2000(any)

Psu vs450 -2200

Mobo - http://www.flipkart.com/asrock-960gc-gs-fx-motherboard/p/itmdzkw3p9gxkwms?pid=MBDDZKSEPFCRDRGS&otracker=browse&pageNum=1 3800

Gfx 7770.http://www.flipkart.com/powercolor-amd-ati-hd-7770-1-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmd7hzc6hzazhfn?pid=GRCD7HZCGVCVNPSG&otracker=browse&pageNum=4 - 7700 (other seller)

Keyboard and mouse, any cheap ones...

However remember that the board is PCI-Express 2.0 and card is 3.0 but it's backward compatible so it'll give good performance, as it can barely saturate 2.0's bandwidth...

Edited by varundbest

The price difference between MSi 970A and ASRock 960GC seems to be pretty high. Would it really make a lot of difference? :fear1:

Yes, it would. Enough of a difference.

Edited by ALPHA17

I have that and it's not that bad.

Considering that your more than 4/5th of the populace that purchases a Cooler Master Extreme Power Pro / Plus / Thunder series SMPS do not face any issue whilst using it does not exempt it from the distinction of a shoddy SMPS, same applies here.

I would rather ask a person to spend more now, instead of regretting later.

@alpha : can you elaborate...
Now I brought an Aoc monitor... Was able to install windows.. But after gpu driver installation.. When it restarts. After that windows loading symbol... It gets stuck.. Says no signal.
Wat should I do here. I'm sure no problem in monitor neither gpu nor motherboard.

Edit:- So after so much of R&D, This is what finally worked.

GTX 670

HDMI (GPU) - HDMI (Monitor) --> Not working, No Signal.

VGA (GPU) - VGA (Monitor) --> Working fine everytime.

Even

HDMI (Motherboard) - HDMI (Monitor) --> Not working, No Signal.

Out of 10 - 15 tries the HDMI connections work, Don't know what is the reason here.

But I need HDCP, HD Audio which will happen only with HDMI cables....

Edited by GamerOfTheYear

^^ Both the HDMI Cables are 1.4 compliant which I got free from SP Market when I assembled the PC There.

Still figuring it out, why.. with me, Whenever I connect HDMI from my GPU to monitor, I never get signals... (Not just this case, Prev. it happened with my HD 7770 Card also) It happens occasionally few times, but rest of the times the monitor just go blank :(

If you are planning on getting the HD audio from the Audio output of the monitor, then in all likelihood it will not sound the same. I have a Dell ST2210 and the audio out was very high in treble and no bass whatsoever, not to mention a very shrill sound overall.

I suggest just stick with VGA unless there is a pressing need for HDMI.

Also, it is most likely an issue with the HDMI cable (quality). Try borrowing one from someone.