Team ICO Collection

playstation

^^ROFL.

It was a good game but got way too overhyped. I cant wait for the first timers to play it and realize that.

SotC on the other hand though was an absolute gem.

I had very very little knowledge on gaming back then...

I never knew the game so popular n good until i joined ivg n read most of u guys comments.

GOW Collection although remastered looks very washed out. The crispness is lost because quite possibly they just stretched the pixels. It looked pretty crappy on a large screen. It would probably look better on a lower resolution since it was meant for a low res.

looks like it wont be a straight port

Even more excited for PS3 ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collection, for reasons that should become clear tomorrow #mykillerapp #TGS2010

Ueda absolutely will not sign off on the remakes until he's happy with them, and he's not really reviewing 'em at the same time as far as I know. They're meant to be budget-priced releases (relatively) when they hit, so take solace in that. Apparently there's internal discussion of making each one sort of collectors edition-style with more than just the game and maybe offering early peeks and what could have been, though I'm not entirely sure that'll happen.

Basically Ueda is lord and master of anything Team ICO does, and it happens when he says it will. I would honestly expect there to be those cut colossi in the HD remake. I don't think this is like God or War or even Sly (though there is some awesome in the Collection that you guys will want to see, trust me) where it's more or less the games up-rezzed. He's treating this like any Director's Cut release. Hell, if they announce a date I wouldn't be surprised if it slid.

^^ROFL.

It was a good game but got way too overhyped. I cant wait for the first timers to play it and realize that.

SotC on the other hand though was an absolute gem.

I agree with Shaftgrabber (on everything but the overhyped bit). This is very much a Braid-sorta game.

Yep. No blood, no gore, no guns, no boss fights (well except that one), simplistic combat etc etc. There isnt really any flash about the game.

But it does work in its abstraction and some of the puzzles in there are very, VERY good (except that c**ksucking piston). Still its not exactly (and this really isnt dripping with condescension despite seeming so :P) the kind of game that will find a lot of new fans here.

Braid is an apt comparison. Except you know, Braid is worth the hype. :D

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Both games locked at 30 FPS?

From a comment on us playstation blog.

Sid Shuman | September 15th, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Yup, it runs at a locked 30 frames per second, in HD with 3D.

“Solid 30 frames per second” was the quote from the keynote (I’m here right now!). Makes a big different when you see it in action

Excellent !!!

Archived