Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Well done, GDT. Michael Bay and Zack Snyder should take lessons from this guy.

you know what, GDT would be a good choice for next wave of batman movies. he wont be caught up with the 'realism' boner and will give a true to comics batman movie with all the mystique without making it campy.

there was a dayight fight scene when Striker Eureka is shown for the first time in action at the sydney harbor Albeit it was on tv and was barely half a minute. Would have loved to see more of that, Hansen looked in total swagger zone.

as for your complaints-

1. True that air force is still there but what is the point of using them when they are not effective at all. The planes would be like flies to the kaiju, would not slow it down in any way and will actually cause loss of man power and important resources (jets arent cheap to built). Another thing is that who is to say the attacks from planes wont hurt Jaeger by mistake. Kaiju and jaeger always go hand to hand and it'd be very difficult for the plane to exclusively hit the reptile. The jets cant hover at one spot like a chopper and wait for the jaeger to throw the kaiju at a safe hitting zone, they have to be constantly moving and as such it becomes difficult for the pilots in the robot to co-ordinate with those in the jets. And this is assuming that the planes have the arsenal capable enough to hurt the beings the size and power of a kaiju and a jaeger.

They cannot use nuclear power (from jets if you are asking that) at a kaiju directly on land as kaijus have highly acidic blood. It is explained very early in the movie. If they blow up them the parts and residue goes flying in every direction and cause many other problems to people living. Also you have to factor in the collateral damage caused by a nuclear bomb in the first place. These methods to kill a kaiju will cause more harm to local civilization than the kaiju would itself.

Allmost all the weapons used by jaegers have that one property of star wars' light saber. They seal (or try their best to) the wound they make in the kaiju so as little blood as possible is spilled.

2. Yeah the analogue part was :blink: I guess it was either poorly worded or was not thought through well by the writers. Even analogue machines use electricity.

The Striker's daylight scene in its entirety was

the chest opening to shoot before that idiot's smug dialog. Not even 10 seconds of daylight robot fight. Infact, it wasn't a fight, it was a victory lap.

As with other stuff like war jets and other stuff, yiure not realy rhinking tactically. If you're on the brink of destruction, you pull out all the stops. "Fire everything" and all that jazz. They could provide support roles like a swarm of bees, if you will, offering distractions and vital openings.

Pulse based weapons or missiles could be deployed by jets too. Plus I don't think you're aware of how sophisticated the targeting system is even now. At the very least, there's capability of following heat signatures of organics and inorganics differently.

There's other things too. Like the choppers dropping Jaegers could 'hook' onto the Kaijus (btw, how Japanese is that name :P) and carry that sh*t to an epic incenerater and drop it inside, but I'm going off tangent. Basically, a lot of coolER and logical stuff could have been done instead of the wall of life. Which, lets face it, was cuckoo.

you know what, GDT would be a good choice for next wave of batman movies. he wont be caught up with the 'realism' boner and will give a true to comics batman movie with all the mystique without making it campy.

I sound like a stuck tape recorder at this point, but yes, I completely agree :P

@Anda man:- Which weekday ur going, Will come with ya.. but only IMAX 3D. Lemme know if ur interested.

As I posted above you , already booked for today man :(

My body was ready from 2 months, couldn't wait at all

Just saw Pacific Rim and it was awesome. Some parts were a little predictable, and the after credits scene made my day.

But all I could think about the first few minutes were-

Finally watched Pacific Rim.

Apocalypse cancelled, impressions once I get my internet pack renewed

Wha tthe f**k, as soon as the movie ended I googled to see if there was a post credits scene, and when I scanned the results most of them said no. So, I walked off :rant::ranting:

Edited by achilles

Pacific Rim :majesty: in IMAX 3D.

Obvious plot holes, especially towards the end..... but don't care. Giant robots, kaiju and tons of badassery everywhere with an awesome main theme to back it up.

Agreed about the jets, seriously feel they could definitely have thrown a few jets in for distraction. Plus, that wall was such a fail idea :rofl:

Also, that little Japanese kid version of Mako Mori was so damn cute :lol:

• Like 1

^^ so jaegermaester = hunter master good to knw

Are you referring to Jägermeister, then it has dual meanings, in the earlier days of enlightenment it meant -- Hunting Master / Game Warden, still means that in literal terms.

It is also a very popular digestifs that goes under the same name.

People who are complaining about Pacific rim are the kind that purposefully seek ways to not have fun :loser:

There is a proper distinction between movies like pacific rim and transformers. Identify that nitwits.

@gaurav.

lets just say that jets would have used up crucial resources that they would have needed for the robots.

Agreed about the wall :lol: I honestly fail to see the working of one. Not only can the kaijus climb, they can also swim underwater.

What were they planning to do, build a wall going as far as the pacific sea floor :rofl:

Politicians..

Edited by Nemo