Gaming PCs

AtheK

Sorry, I was busy on the BattleField.

Anyway, what I suggest is the ASUS / MSi, I have heard ASUS has gotten better while MSi has gone down in that department.

If you can sacrifice the over-clocking aspect of things Sapphire Dual-X cards are worth a look but only better versions than the Dual-X which is just the reference AMD PCB with a dual-fan open cooler design for slightly better acoustics and cooling than the stock cooler.

Prefer you buy local, online only if you are okay with the EMI system because you fork out more for the same product.

I would suggest you get any of the following cards (listed with basics),

• Sapphire Dual-X HD7870 / R9-270X (for basic performance, good temperatures and generally chugging along at stock)
  • ASUS Direct CU II R9-270X (good performance, decent meddling space and compact design although not as cool as the MSi's Twin Frozr designs)
  • MSi Gaming OC / HAWK Edition R9-270X (slightly more expensive but a great cooler system and both can take a healthy over-clock)

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Get GTX 760 MSI Twin Frozr, much better than 270x..

Budget, Zodak, budget. Also, it is only in Delhi you get the MSi for such competitive prices, outside Delhi it is anyone's show.

What's price of gtx760 TF in Delhi? Better than fk?

A shade under ~20000/- -->21000/- (depending on stocks). About the latter part of your question, I think it is clear now.

^20k for MSI Twin Frozr.....Alpha got it for 19,800 somehow :scratchchin:

@I_Rock

If you really want to buy 270X then buy this model

http://mdcomputers.in/asus-graphics-card-r9-270x-dc2-2gb-ddr5.html?filter_name=AMD%20270x%20MSI%20%20twin%20frozrSearch

Edited by Zodak™

^20k for MSI Twin Frozr.....Alpha got it for 19,800 somehow.

Its called the gift of gab and if you would have allowed me to come with you, maybe you would have got the same price.

MSi Twin Frozr is a far better cooler no matter all the videos by ASUS. Also longer PCB's = better over-clocking and cooler performance.

Btw, for back plate, my Heatsink gives clearance of about 0.6 cm from pcie slot and from beginning of slot, I have about 9.5 inch clearance till my hdd cage (removable).

Custom versions will be a problem. If you remove your cage how much space do you free up and will it affect other parameters?

Sorry, I was busy on the BattleField.

Anyway, what I suggest is the ASUS / MSi, I have heard ASUS has gotten better while MSi has gone down in that department.

If you can sacrifice the over-clocking aspect of things Sapphire Dual-X cards are worth a look but only better versions than the Dual-X which is just the reference AMD PCB with a dual-fan open cooler design for slightly better acoustics and cooling than the stock cooler.

Prefer you buy local, online only if you are okay with the EMI system because you fork out more for the same product.

I would suggest you get any of the following cards (listed with basics),

• Sapphire Dual-X HD7870 / R9-270X (for basic performance, good temperatures and generally chugging along at stock)
  • ASUS Direct CU II R9-270X (good performance, decent meddling space and compact design although not as cool as the MSi's Twin Frozr designs)
  • MSi Gaming OC / HAWK Edition R9-270X (slightly more expensive but a great cooler system and both can take a healthy over-clock)

Thanks, i wont be overclocking it too high, the base clock is 1050 MHz so i would be pushing it till 1200MHz max, since the TOP edition of the ASUS card is factory overclocked to 1120MHz i think it should handle 1200.

The MSI version would be going slightly over budget for me.

Also how are these in terms of aftersales?, if i am correct then aditya infotech handles rma for Sapphire while digicomp handles rma for both ASUS and MSI, are they both good?

Have to check in lammy which one is avaliable and for how much.

Get GTX 760 MSI Twin Frozr, much better than 270x..

GTX 760 was my first preference but the thing is my current cabby cannot unfortunately hold the long cards of today's standard's.

Hence now i am planning to buy R9 270x along with a corsair carbide 400r.

Budget, Zodak, budget. Also, it is only in Delhi you get the MSi for such competitive prices, outside Delhi it is anyone's show.

Yup, MSI is costlier compared to the other two here.

^20k for MSI Twin Frozr.....Alpha got it for 19,800 somehow :scratchchin:

@I_Rock

http://mdcomputers.in/asus-graphics-card-r9-270x-dc2-2gb-ddr5.html?filter_name=AMD%20270x%20MSI%20%20twin%20frozrSearch

Yup, was thinking of getting exactly this model, but http://www.golchhait.com/ was showing on their homepage Sapphire model for 15k, so wanted to enquire wether paying a premium of 1.5k for the ASUS one is worth it.

Also how is the site?, reliable? and do they accept debit cards?

Thanks, i wont be overclocking it too high, the base clock is 1050 MHz so i would be pushing it till 1200MHz max, since the TOP edition of the ASUS card is factory overclocked to 1120MHz i think it should handle 1200.

Try your luck but don't pin your hopes on getting to the 1200MHz mark for sure. Every silicon has variable performance under pressure and ambient conditions (heat, temperatures) also affect the final outcome.

Also how are these in terms of aftersales?, if i am correct then aditya infotech handles rma for Sapphire while digicomp handles rma for both ASUS and MSI, are they both good?

Have to check in lammy which one is avaliable and for how much.

From what I have heard of Aditya Infotech, mostly good stuff all around but that really depends on the ground level chaps. You can get an irate service guy which might leave a bitter impression or the service centre can reject your RMA request if they cannot replicate the issue you are facing.

ASUS has greatly improved since it has tied up with DIGICOMP. Apart from that they also can be put in for RMA with Rashi Peripherals (not advised).

MSi is the only company with which I have a history of RMA and my experience was pleasant and slightly pro-longed. But I got my replacement and it is still going strong.

Yup, was thinking of getting exactly this model, but http://www.golchhait.com/ was showing on their homepage Sapphire model for 15k, so wanted to enquire wether paying a premium of 1.5k for the ASUS one is worth it.

Also how is the site?, reliable? and do they accept debit cards?

Bangalore based guy, can be arrogant and rude on several instances.

Also their prices are rarely inclusive taxes and shipping charges (online) so you will have to confirm over telephone before pulling the trigger on that.

Custom versions will be a problem. If you remove your cage how much space do you free up and will it affect other parameters?

Removing cage will increase length by around 4 (minimum, not sure exactly) inches so that's no problem...

Was wondering about backplate... Theberton again, my 3Rd pcie slot,is,also 3.0 x16, but it will affect addition of other card if slot 1 is unusable... And Heatsink isn't the only hindrance, check the i/o panel on d left also...

ujyr.jpg

Edit -

What is the maximum length graphics card supported?

The CM Storm Scout is designed with portability in mind. It can accommodate the largest 280GTX or HD 4870 X2 type cards. This includes all GPU 10.5" or 267mm in length or shorter. GPU cards have a maximum clearance for 10.6" or 270mm maximum length inside the Scout

But then again, I can remove hdd cage...

Edited by varundbest

^ You cannot put three cards in there, there is no space between the second and third PCIe slot.

Backplate won't be an issue the size is standard in all cards, the depth and length of the card will be bigger issues.

Edited by ALPHA17

Who said anything about adding third card? And ya it can be added but by pcie extender....

Depth I believe should be fine for 1 and 3 slots... Was worried about backplate... I checked and r9 290 msi tf is around ~260 in length... You think I can add two cats on 1 & 3 slots (consider depth)...

Who said anything about adding third card? And ya it can be added but by pcie extender....

Depth I believe should be fine for 1 and 3 slots... Was worried about backplate... I checked and r9 290 msi tf is around ~260 in length... You think I can add two cats on 1 & 3 slots (consider depth)...

Yes, Twin Frozr is a dual slot design it should easily fit in first and third slot.

What about the backplate has got you worried?