Devil May Cry 4

KnackChap

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

logo.jpg

Devil May Cry 4

Developer:Capcom studio 1

Publisher:Capcom

Genre:Action

Player:1

Platforms:PS3,X360,PC

Release:Q1 2008

In Devil May Cry 4, players control the formidable Nero who comes to grips with his newly found power as his beliefs and allegiance are tested. Continuing the legacy of fast paced action synonymous with the series, Devil May Cry 4 pushes the envelope of excellence even further with the inclusion of a new combat system that incorporates Nero’s "Devil Bringer." This new feature has players delivering overwhelming damage to enemies with non-stop combos, while gaining new power for Nero’s right arm. With the PlayStation 3 system's advanced graphical capabilities, high definition visuals and intricate detail come to life as players explore new and exotic locales. Amazing visual effects and dynamic action coupled with a complex storyline, provides the very cool, slick and stylish attitude that only a Devil May Cry game can deliver.

Official website

IGN Preview

It's been six months since we received any details about Devil May Cry 4, Capcom's latest installment in the fast paced action franchise. We learned at TGS that a new character named Nero was taking the lead role of the title instead of Dante, and that his abilities will be somewhat different than the legendary Son of Sparda. However, the build that was shown then was still very early, and while it featured some slowdown and hints of large boss characters, we were teased without a lot of information about the upcoming title. Well, at their recent Gamer's Day, Capcom finally revealed the latest details about the game as well as a new playable demo of the title.

Hiroyuki Kobayashi, the producer of the title, was on hand to fill in more details about the upcoming game, which sounds like it will be much larger than any of the previous titles in the series. He started by introducing Nero once again, a young man from the town of Fortuna who belongs to a group of devil hunters known as the Order of the Sword. Nero is a unique member of the organization thanks to his weaponry and abilities. Instead of packing twin pistols like Dante, Nero's sidearm is a double barreled pistol known as the Blue Rose, which packs a serious punch. His sword is just as dangerous. Known as the Red Queen, it's a massive blade with a motorcycle handle in the hilt which Nero can rev up to inflict even more damage on his target.

click for full preview

Screens

devil-may-cry-4-20070725060949389.jpg

devil-may-cry-4-20070725060957310.jpg

devil-may-cry-4-20070725060955888.jpg

Reviews

IGN-

gamespot-

1UP-

CVG-

For fans of the stylish hack-and-slash adventure Devil May Cry 4, there’s no better place to be right now than the Leipzig Games Convention in Germany. Why? Oh no reason, other than the fact that the LGC will see the global debut of the fourth installment in the DMC franchise for the Xbox 360, the PS3 and the PC. (Although you’re probably not going to see the PC version there)

Showing at Capcom’s dedicated DMC4 stand at the LGC (Stand C02, Hall 2), fans will be able to play the game as Nero, the new character with the Devil Bringer arm, as they attempt to master the new gameplay mechanics and combo systems that the latest game brings to the series. Oh well, since we won’t be able to go to the LGC even if our lives depended on it, I guess we’ll have to settle for second hand news and the demo to make it’s presence felt on the Xbox Live Marketplace and the PSN at the end of this month. Xbox 360 and PS3 owners, mark the dates, you are soon going to be able to “dance-kill” your way to glory soon enough. Devil May Cry 4 is set to release on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 later this winter, with no confirmed release date announced for the PC version so far. Hit the jump for the official press release.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

LGC07: new Devil May Cry 4 trailer is all action

[gt]23904[/gt]

Fresh from the hallowed halls of the Leipzig Games Convention comes this brand new trailer for Devil May Cry 4. Having only dabbled in previous entries in the series, we have no idea what's going on. If you find yourself in a similar situation, fear not, for it does not matter a bit. The simple truth is that the trailer is nothing but action, so if you don't need any more than that (and really, who does?), you're in for a treat. Seriously, it's got everything: guns, swords, soldiers, fanatics, voluptuous women, macho dudes, demons, everything. The only thing we need now is a demo. Come on Capcom, you remember what a demo did for Dead Rising, right? Get to it.

after deadrising im really afraid to take up any more games from capcom. Deadrsising was downright frustrating for me, couldnt get past the first fight itself....the game is lying collecting dust in my home :) !

after deadrising im really afraid to take up any more games from capcom. Deadrsising was downright frustrating for me, couldnt get past the first fight itself....the game is lying collecting dust in my home :thumbdown: !

dude dont trash the game just cos u cudnt crack it!

:wOOtjumpy:

MORE than halo3??????? ;)

Lol...its just that i completed DMC3 couple of months ago...an the last boss battle was the most intense battle i had ever fought in my life...whoever played DMC3 will probably knw wht am talkin abt... :thumbsup:

Ya it will probably take time to get use to the 360 controller...but its gona be one helluva ride... :thumbsup: That vergil final battle will always remain in my memory... ;)

You are gonna play it on the 360?

Hell no ;) . Some games belong to where they started and became successful. It'll be like playing Doom3 with PS2 controller. This is just a speculation since NG also felt a bit unnatural on Xbox controller which is mostly suited for shooters.

L2/R2 were used only in last DMC, that too only for weapon switching. They weren't triggers on dualshock. The R1 was for auto-aim and L1 for Devil powers. Don't know how they're gonna map them on 360. Maybe they'll use bumpers for weapon switching and triggers for auto-aim.

L2/R2 were used only in last DMC, that too only for weapon switching. They weren't triggers on dualshock. The R1 was for auto-aim and L1 for Devil powers. Don't know how they're gonna map them on 360. Maybe they'll use bumpers for weapon switching and triggers for auto-aim.

I would only need the L1 n R1...cause i rarely used L2 n R2 in DMC3...n they could be easly be used on the 360's shoulder buttons..unless they put very important use of L2 R2 which i highly doubt...hey i can even imagine myself using the contoller fr the game...im already gettin the hang of it... :)

• 1 month later...

http://file.4gamer.net/movie/tgs_2007/DMC4_tgs2007.zip

This is the full Nero Vs. Dante boss fight with 3 awesome cutscenes. The audio's kinda screwed but i could make out this much :

Dante stingers Nero, who blocks it with his arm, causing it to awaken.

Dante - What u got there sport?

Nero - ?? Cat got your tongue? It's the treasure you're looking for.

Nero throws Dante.

Dante - Looks like you too are a..

Nero tosses the giant sword from the statue at Dante.

Nero - ??

The 1st part of the battle begins.

Dante - So..?? .. I guess I've got some time to kill

The real fight begins, followed by a cutscene.

Dante - ?? (impaled to the statue)

Nero - You're not human, are you?

Dante - ??

Dante pulls rebellion out of his chest. Dante points out to Nero that the dead cult member is a demon.

Nero - ??

Nero looks back to see Dante is on the roof.

Dante - ??

Nero - What're you talking about?

Dante - ??

Nero - Hey!!

Nero shoots at Dante as he disappears. Dante pops back into view.

Dante - Adios kid!

Reinforcements arrive as Nero tries to cover his arm.

• 3 weeks later...

DMC4 confirmed for February

From Xbox360 Fanboy

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/10/20/ma...d-for-february/

[gt]26664[/gt]

Ever since Capcom made it official that Devil May Cry 4 was headed to the Xbox 360, everyone has been wondering exactly when that time will come. But now that release date guessing game is over (for the most part), because Capcom has made it official ... DMC4 will be landing on the Xbox 360 February 2008. No specific date has been pinned just yet, so we advise waiting to set your countdown clocks. And since February is still a ways out we think you should treat yourself to the latest DMC4 trailer which we embedded above. 2008 can't come soon enough.

Archived