Diablo 3

Aftrunner

Not buying the game won't change their hearts, but it's gonna hurt PC gaming more; especially when there are more *profitable* platforms out here. This DRM thing didn't come out of nowhere, it slowly evolved over 10 years. Cause/Effect scenario you know.

Not buying the game won't change their hearts, but it's gonna hurt PC gaming more; especially when there are more *profitable* platforms out here. This DRM thing didn't come out of nowhere, it slowly evolved over 10 years. Cause/Effect scenario you know.

On that we agree.

Cause = Idiot customers.

Effect = Bullshit DRM.

:lol:

Its almost a shame that suckers will still line up, drop down their pants and bend over just because its Diablo.

Between those who claim they won't play Diablo 3 because of the DRM and those who aren't bothered too much by it, guess who will be the ones actually missing out?

The question isn't whether to make a stand or not, the question is whether to play Diablo 3 or not. And that kinda changes everything.

But whatever, it's not as if true fans of the franchise who feel strongly against the DRM won't play the game. Oh, there's zero doubt every single one of them will be playing it one way or another which makes this DRM bashing a farce.

And those who aren't true fans can afford to call them suckers, but honestly who gives a crap when I'll finally be playing Diablo 3.

The DRM sounds exactly like SC2, in which case it isn't so bad. SC2 has always worked fine for me. I know SC2 allowed you to play offline but I never did that because it disables all of the Battle.net stat tracking, achievements and other things. I'm sure Blizzard will make it all work in the end.

As for mods, I never cared for the unofficial mod support for Diablo II. This isn't really a game which needs mods... unlike The Elder Scrolls.

It's ridiculous considering how flaky connectivity can get from time to time. Between this, Ubisoft continuing with online DRM, EA raising prices & pimping Origin, Capcom killing off Mega Man and whoring out MvC it seems like everyone is...

Flaky connectivity is only an issue for us and maybe a few less fortunate countries. And no one gives a sh*t about us.

^^ Oh forgot to mention, If you buy a SEA copy, you ill get a NA copy free :) (much like in sc2) I currently get 50 ping to SEA servers in sc2, perfect for imba forcefielding :D

Two accounts for you to do stuff with, although, one thing is the stuff you get in your SEA account will not be transferrable to the NA account, so you cant use SEA items to trade on the more populated NA server.

Chinese farmers are going to have a ball with the real money auction house, I'll probably play hardcore characters anyway so the real money auction house mostly wont be an option(not that I wanted to use it, but it would've been fun to see how much your stuff might fetch lol).

Edited by Liquid ocelot

Flaky connectivity is only an issue for us and maybe a few less fortunate countries. And no one gives a sh*t about us.

which ISP you have - i have airtel i have never had connectivity issues. SC2 is the only game i am playing right now on the NA server.

i played wow for about 5000 hours on our 'flaky connections'. i was connected 99% of the time and playing happily. the other 1%? my internet was down. or blizzard servers were lagging or crashing or down for planned or unplanned maintenance. there were times i couldn't play a game i had paid for and was actively paying a subscription for. and guess what, i managed to survive just fine when that happened. because it got fixed sooner rather than later and i went back to playing without giving a second thought to minor speed bumps. that's a rational response to a problem like this. if you're watching tv and the power goes out, do you go out into the streets and start wailing and beating your chest about how life is unfair and how tata sky is cheating you out of your ability to watch the channels you're paying for? or if you want to take a shower and the water goes, do you start rolling around on the ground and smashing your fists on the floor because you can't? nope. you just go out onto the balcony, enjoy the breeze and wait for the power or water to come back so that you can continue what you were doing. so why not for the internet too? it's rare but it does happen, so what's wrong with a calm, measured, reasonable response to a problem? but of course, being rational is completely alien to the whiny little shitheads who think that temporarily being unable to play a game they paid for is their own personal holocaust and a tragedy of divine proportions. and so they come and pollute forums with their bullshit whining and bitching and moaning.

believe it or not there are actually benefits to being connected to their servers or having a real money auction house or whatever. a large part of the game experience is online, but even apart from that, anyone who has played on open battle.net will know how much of a nightmare it can be if games aren't secured by blizzard. or anyone who has seen first hand the black market that opens up in gold trading and it's disastrous effects on the ingame economy and overall security of the game will appreciate that they are going the eve online route with the RMT AH. better features and better security and safety for your investment is the upside to not being able to play the 1% of the time that their servers go down or your net goes down. and hey, if you are amongst the unfortunate few who only get 13 minutes of stable internet access per week or whose permanent address is bang in the middle of the f**king himalayas, then just skip the game because it's not for you. but no, apparently even that is too much to penetrate their thick skulls.

the good news is that no one, and i mean absolutely no one, gives a flying f**k about their whining. most will either buy the game anyway, or pirate it and render their faux moral high ground arguments moot. and the few that don't buy it? well, there are a few that won't buy diablo 3 because it's too 'cartoony'. there are also a few who will not buy it because they can't hack the game or cheat in it. you can lump all of these people together along with whatever other crazy reasons people come up with to skip a game like diablo 3 and put them in the 'never were a customer anyway' category. that's what i'd do anyway. they never learn either... their l4d2 boycott was a failure. their modern warfare 2 boycott was a failure. their ubisoft boycott was a failure. they are an insignificant minority with an irrelevant opinion but they'll keep at it. crying like babies in forums, making their awesome online petitions while the world enjoys diablo 3 and the gaming industry ignores them as they should.

bottom line, there will be people enjoying diablo 3 and there will be people whining about it in forums. who do you think has it better?

Edited by spindoctor

How can I check my pings to SEA B.net servers?

Kinda curious about what kinda online experience I can expect.

tracert sea.battle.net

you'll time out on the last few hops because blizzard isn't stupid enough to leave their servers exposed to ICMP requests but it should be good enough. heck it won't even change significantly from your regular pings to singapore servers. don't worry, you'll be fine.

500$ to play a beta of a game which will last a few weeks only.

i've seen people spend crazy amounts of money on virtual items. highest i've personally seen was when a guildie of mine in wow paid 700$ to get this ingame mount...

spectral_tiger_gm.jpg

and while it is without a doubt the coolest mount i have ever seen in wow, 700 god damn dollars... :ack:

Edited by spindoctor

500$ to play a beta of a game which will last a few weeks only.

i've seen people spend crazy amounts of money on virtual items. highest i've personally seen was when a guildie of mine in wow paid 700$ to get this ingame mount...

spectral_tiger_gm.jpg

and while it is without a doubt the coolest mount i have ever seen in wow, 700 god damn dollars... :ack:

i used to play ffxi ( more lilke addicted to it ) and i saw a bunch of people spend 3000+ dollars on these things called relic weapons - they were incredible overpowered weapons but 3000$ lol??

oh yea i forgot about weapons. there were these two green blades in the game called the warglaives of azzinoth. they were a matching set, legendary items with an extremely low drop rate. for those who remember their warcraft lore, they drop from from a raid called the black temple from the final boss named illidan stormrage. here's a picture of illidan with the warglaives...

kcv7W.jpg

and this is what they looked like ingame

7VUCbl.jpg

some dude on a european wow server sold his character, which had both warglaives, for... 10,000$.

it even made it to joystiq - http://wow.joystiq.c...-for-almost-10/

people are truly crazy about this stuff. 10,000$ for virtual items. sh*t, it must be nice to be that rich.

Edited by spindoctor

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item415c0d2f93

The iPad2 box,, thats right, only the box is selling for 1k dollars+ shipping, and it has 41 bids lol.

WTF???

the ipad 2 box does not come with ipad 2 or any accessories.this auction is for the box only.it's for someone whom are trying to get the box to make their ipad 2 complete

What kind of world do we live in???

The beta test approaches! We’ve just updated our System Check program and would like everyone to update their Battle.net Beta Profile information by running the new one. You should do this regardless of whether there have been hardware changes made to your system.

You can run the new System Check by visiting the Beta Profile settings of your Battle.net account:

https://www.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html

I don’t have a Beta Profile

If you haven’t yet created a Beta Profile on your Battle.net account you’ll be presented with two download options, PC and Mac, for our System Check program. Running the program will present you with the Beta Test Opt-In Agreement, and once you agree to that it will immediately query basic computer specification information such as your type of video card, processor, and RAM. Clicking the Send button will then upload the shown information to your account.

On your Beta Profile page, you’ll want to ensure you at least have “Diablo Universe” checked for future testing, if not StarCraft and Warcraft as well. That’s it! You’re now eligible for future beta test opportunities.

I have a Beta Profile

If you’ve previously uploaded your system info you should use the links to download the new System Check program for PC or Mac and update your system info. Run the program, read through the Beta Test Opt-In Agreement that appears, and once you agree to that the program will immediately query your basic computer specification information. Click Send and the program will automatically update your profile with your system specifications. You’ll remain opted in for whichever beta tests you’ve previously selected, and you can change these selections on your Beta Profile page at any time.

Having current system specifications and checking the franchise boxes to express interest in beta testing our future products does not guarantee your entry into the beta test. We will grant a very limited number of people entry from the entire pool of those interested, based on their system specifications and other factors. While having an official Battle.net Beta Profile is one way to potentially get in, we’ll have information on other ways to increase your chances as we draw closer to the beta test.

oo.. :) But then I remember them saying the same thing for sc2 in may, and the beta released next feb :P, but now with acti cracking the whip, they might be doing things a little faster.