Killzone 2

KnackChap

GI Killzone 2 pre-order  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unless all of this happens to be a huge f'kn joke.

dont this so it will be a joke even i got a confirmation from few stores in Bangalore that they will be receiving KZ2 copies tomorrow...

also got confirmation from Anip..(Consoul)

@TechGuitar: I am not crying about anything. I am just saying that it would be foolish to break the street date, thats all.

I know the anticipation is sky high here and people won't mind anyone breaking the street date....just that you have to look at the bigger picture here.

its not about aniticpation or hype....the game has leaked in the middle-east....once that happens, the grey market here will be flooded

i appreciate the decision to bring the release forward, so for once legit copies will sell rather than more expensive grey market copies

this is a big game for sony, and from their point of view as well, this makes sense....and consumers wont have to be held ransom by a store that will charge what they want because they have imports of a game that isnt officially available yet

peace

its not about aniticpation or hype....the game has leaked in the middle-east....once that happens, the grey market here will be flooded

i appreciate the decision to bring the release forward, so for once legit copies will sell rather than more expensive grey market copies

this is a big game for sony, and from their point of view as well, this makes sense....and consumers wont have to be held ransom by a store that will charge what they want because they have imports of a game that isnt officially available yet

peace

So it is happening only in India and the middle east or Sony has decided to take this decision all over europe???

I don't think they will do this in the US...will they??

Street date broken

According to YouTube footage and comments made on the GameSpot forums, a number of gamers based in the United Arab Emirates have managed to get their hands on copies of Killzone 2 two weeks prior to its official release date.

Based in Dubai, a YouTube member by the name of moiNinja has uploaded footage of Killzone 2 being unwrapped from its original box. He claims that he bought the copy at his local game store.

"I couldn't believe myself when I first saw it in a local videogame store. It was Killzone 2 the full game. [Two] weeks before the release date. The salesman told me that they managed to bring only 70 copies of Killzone 2, and they all sold out in just [five] hours... He reserved one copy for me..." reads the post.

Further research took us to a post on the GameSpot forums, where claims are also coming in from members based in Dubai who have already got copies of the game, with photographic evidence taken by one member going by the name of 77slr77. Another poster claims that it is being sold by a number of small gaming shops across the United Arab Emirates.

Lucky them, eh? We'd guess that Sony will probably turn a blind eye to the broken street date, but you can guarantee that if any shop were dare to sell it before the release date in North America or Europe, Sony's lawyers would be onto them like whippets.

Killzone 2 is due for official release on February 25 in Europe, and February 27 in North America.

Archived