[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

I unfortunately have no clue as to what is the scene w.r.t. PC hardware over there. Suggest you go for the following configuration,

Intel Core i7 4770 / 4790 ~21000/-

GIGABYTE-B85M-D3H ~5800/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1866MHz (you can double down and go for 16GB kit if you feel your professional needs demand it) ~6500/- OR 12500/-

MSi / ASUS GTX770 2GB / R9-290 4GB ~35000/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4000/- (add another hard-drive in-case you need)

HP / ASUS (boxed) DVD drive ~1100/-

Seasonic M12II 650W ~6500/-

Cooler Master N400 ~4000/-

AOC / DELL IPS panel based monitor ~20000/- (for a 24" one)

Windows 8.1 Pro ~$20

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Just that the front looks like Bane's mask. :lol:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Corsair lists Arun Computers, Shweta Peripherals and PL comuputers as dealers on it's website. Will go to Arun mostly. Have had a bad experience at shweta in past.

My current build was purchased from Shweta Peripherals, way back in 2010. That is how I know all these places, Arun has always been a reliable place.

Roughly the amount for which i was planning to buy my iMac . Thanks :)

Yeah! I decided to try and make it as worthwhile as possible, most of these prices are from snapdeal.com, so you can take a gander there as well for prices and availability. Cheerio!

I have steam on both pc and imac. Personal experience - I find the imac application to be laggy, no idea why. Everything else runs fine.

Also, AFAIK, you cannot upgrade the graphics card on an iMac - only the ram. Also the base model now does not have a dedicated card. (both macbooks and imacs). So I guess if gaming is one of your main considerations, then mac is probably not the best choice.

Do all RAM stick timings have to be the same in a setup. I have 2x4GB GSkill RipjawsX 1600MHz. I am contemplating a RAM increase, actually getting my hand on Hynix 4GB 1600MHz RAM.

1. If there is a difference in the RAM timings of Hynix and GSkill, will it be an issue?

2. Since RAM is recommended to be installed in pairs, will it not give me optimum performance if I have three RAM sticks (two of which are the GSkill pair)?

1. If there is a difference in the RAM timings of Hynix and GSkill, will it be an issue?

2. Since RAM is recommended to be installed in pairs, will it not give me optimum performance if I have three RAM sticks (two of which are the GSkill pair)?

1. Yes and Yes.

2. No such thing, although you might need to disable dual-channel mode.

1. Yes and Yes.

2. No such thing, although you might need to disable dual-channel mode.

So if the RAM has different timings, are there some BIOS settings I have to modify?

So if the RAM has different timings, are there some BIOS settings I have to modify?

Frequency timings, latency timings?

Also, different brands?

Frequency timings, latency timings?

Also, different brands?

I went through the motherboard manual, it has a lot of settings for the DRAM menu. Guess I should try with Auto first, and see if the system boots up and shows all the memory. If so, am good to go.

I went through the motherboard manual, it has a lot of settings for the DRAM menu. Guess I should try with Auto first, and see if the system boots up and shows all the memory. If so, am good to go.

Okay, go with that although don't expect miracles always.

Okay, go with that although don't expect miracles always.

Computing prowess of today is a miracle in itself. Can't have enough of miracles now, can we...

my original GPU radeon HD 6950 1 gb turned it in for RMA ...got replacement...a copy which was handed to me loose...i.e. it wasnt packed and sealed in a new box....became faulty and turned it in...got a new replacement....with this new replacement display did not even start.....even this 2nd replacement was given loose without a sealed box of radeon saffire!! tried my friend's GPU and system works fine...so the new GPU is the problem!!

so my question is when u get a replacement ...are u supposed to get a freash sealed copy or just a loose piece ? i have been given faulty GPUs as replacement!! me mad me angry me want retribution!! Aditya infotech is responsible for this service error!!

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

If you have a twitter handle you can tweet this to Aditya Infotech / Sapphire. Bring the pressure to bear and get this sorted out. Try the same on facebook as well.

I have RMA-ed only two things, an MSi graphic card (whose replacement came boxed, not sealed) and my processor (this was posted to my correspondence address, sealed).

So this return of un-boxed cards can mean either of two things,

• Aditya Infotech no longer replaces cards, it tries to repair / refurbish and return.
  • You are getting the same old card you file for RMA. Maybe, with or without any work carried out on it.

Also, does the card completely open, as in without even a basic anti-static bag on it?

Edited by ALPHA17

my original GPU radeon HD 6950 1 gb turned it in for RMA ...got replacement...a copy which was handed to me loose...i.e. it wasnt packed and sealed in a new box....became faulty and turned it in...got a new replacement....with this new replacement display did not even start.....even this 2nd replacement was given loose without a sealed box of radeon saffire!! tried my friend's GPU and system works fine...so the new GPU is the problem!!

so my question is when u get a replacement ...are u supposed to get a freash sealed copy or just a loose piece ? i have been given faulty GPUs as replacement!! me mad me angry me want retribution!! Aditya infotech is responsible for this service error!!

Thoughts?

Well, the RMA scene in India for many GPU manufacturers is not exactly a very pretty picture. Repair is their first option, and replacements are often just repaired cards. No new box, nothing.

Well, the RMA scene in India for many GPU manufacturers is not exactly a very pretty picture. Repair is their first option, and replacements are often just repaired cards. No new box, nothing.

The MSi GPU I sent you was a RMA piece but that was done four years ago around this time when I realised the card was frying itself due to manufacturing defects.

The MSi GPU I sent you was a RMA piece but that was done four years ago around this time when I realised the card was frying itself due to manufacturing defects.

And see, the fan stopped. They will repair it probably for an astronomical amount.

On that note, could you open up the heatsink, and see if you can find some model number on the fan (you may have to remove fan as well from the heatsink). I'll search around on ebay for a replacement fan.

Went to CTC yesterday to buy SPEC03 cabinet. Nobody had it (Arun or PL). Guy at Shweta peripherals went ahead and called his local distri, he did not have it as well. Could not find any NZXT dealer at CTC as well. So came empty handed from there.

By the way, Carbide 400R is being sold for a decent price of 5400 at Shweta, if anybody from Hyd is interested.

Had a look at other options. And finally decided to go with NZXT Phantom 410. Ordered today at primeabgb. So this is the final build now.

1) Processor - Core i5 4570 - Ordered from snapdeal for - 13,223
2) Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H - Ordered from snapdeal for - 5,748
3) RAM - RipjawsX F3-14900CL8D-8GBXM - Ordered from primeabgb for - 6,434
4) Power Supply - Seasonic S12II 520W - Ordered from snapdeal for - 4,940
5) Graphics Card - Sapphire R9 270X with Boost OC 2GB - Ordered from Flipkart for - 15,052
6) Cabinet - NZXT Phantom 410 - Ordered from primeabgb for - 6062

Total - 51459 (phail budget management :mellow: )

Good Specs buddy. Though i would have probably saved a few $$$ on proc / cabinet and gone for a beefier GPU. Another 3k shaved off the above two would have got you a GTX760. Let me know how much time it takes for PrimeAGBG to deliver the cabinet - i am thiking of ordering the Phantom 530 from them.

• Like 1