Protect PS4 from power cuts and surge.

kmkaks

Guys I have a similar problem too.

My PS4 is connected to the inverter outlet. When power goes out it works perfectly fine, no turning off or surges etc. but it gets turned off after around 10 -15 minutes.

Inverter is not overloaded or anything, what could be the reason? It works fine when power goes out but turns off after sometime. Its bizarre.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Thats very very bizzare. The only thing I can think of is the invertor is not supplying steady power. Have you tried with PS4 to UPS to Invertor? That way even if the invertor supply fluctuates (which it shouldn't), the UPS supply will still remain constant.

Connecting UPS is the only thing left to try, but was hesitant to buy one because the problem wasn't clear.

Inverter runs for 3 hours easily with 2 LED's and a PS3 along with lights/fans etc. had no problems with PS3 on inverter. Don't know what is causing PS4 to react like this. :\

^Will try that now..

Also on searching a bit found some people having similar issues, which states that we need a Pure Sine Wave inverter for PS4 to stay on. Can anyone here confirm whether their PS4 works on a Modified Sine Wave or Pure Sine Wave?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/PS4-Power-Problem-Doesnt-run-on-Inverter/td-p/45064075

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-my-PlayStation-4-automatically-turn-off

^^old models do that

new models have less noise but I can still hear it

Its perfectly normal

Disc will spin at high noise when 1st installing and then on every subsequent game boot

I just tried a dvd(Hangover 3) on it and it works great.It's as silent as it ever can be.So yeah,It's just game installation/verification which causes that noise.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried a dvd(Hangover 3) on it and it works great.It's as silent as it ever can be.So yeah,It's just game installation/verification which causes that noise.

Perfectly fine. Happened with every setup & startup in my PS4 too. It has only been fixed in the newer Cuh 1200 models.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys ..I am new here .

Just got a new PS4 12xx.

I have a inverter connected at my place ..but power outages , the inverter takes few seconds to kick in and all tv and appliances restart. Thus I was thinking to buy a ups with surger protection..

I had few questions and will appreciate if someone could answer them ..::-

1) https://m.ebay.in/itm?itemId=181948202585

.^will ps4 support this ups?

2) the ups details show voltage output of 230v ..will ps4 support it?

3) I will connect this ups to wall outlet ..and this outlet is powered my inverter ..so will it be fine to connect ups to this outlet ..

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Rishabh, did you end up buying the ups, please provide an update, I am in a similar position.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

If you want ups only for ps4 and monitor/tv

look for APC UPS BX600C-IN 600VA

will cost you 2k and will give backup of 10-12 mins

If you want ups only for ps4 and monitor/tv

look for APC UPS BX600C-IN 600VA

will cost you 2k and will give backup of 10-12 mins

Thanks for the response, yes, that would work for me, I have a 50' Vu - 110W tv, the PS4 is about 150W at peak usage, so 10-12 min should be okay, till the DG kicks in. There are two models from APC BX600C and BX600CI, any idea of the difference?

Also, has anyone purchased this from ebay? Its about ~400 bucks cheaper, if so, please share the seller name, I am looking at this seller currently - kirtionline.

Edited by the_BIG_J

Thanks for the response, yes, that would work for me, I have a 50' Vu - 110W tv, the PS4 is about 150W at peak usage, so 10-12 min should be okay, till the DG kicks in. There are two models from APC BX600C and BX600CI, any idea of the difference?

Also, has anyone purchased this from ebay? Its about ~400 bucks cheaper, if so, please share the seller name, I am looking at this seller currently - kirtionline.

Send me the eBay link will tell you. There are 2 models as one of them newer. Which one I will tell you once I reach home

Sent from my CP8298_I00 using Tapatalk

Ps4 touches 230-250 at peak usage. The 600VA wont support both the TV and the PS4 while the ps4 is at peak usage. Meaning ps4 will switch off if you are in the middle.of playing a game. If you are in the ps4 menu then it won't. Ps4+monitor can be supported by a 600VA ups but not a Ps4+TV setup. I have had a 600VA ups for my monitor+ps4 setup and later when I upgraded to a 50inch TV, the ups was not able to support it under load. Ended up buying a 1100VA ups.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk