Gaming PCs

AtheK

1) Cabinet: Antec X1 - Rs. 2,489 -- Cooler Master N200 / N300 if possible

5) PSU: Corsair VS550 550 Watt - Rs. 3,450 -- Avoid, Seasonic S12II 520W / Antec VP550W
8) PEST: Cooler Master - ~Rs. 200 ( Won't be buying a cpu cooler for a month so this will have to do till then :P ) -- Why do you need to buy a separate cooler?

Suggested changes.

Suggested changes.

1) I'll try to fit in the N200 instead of Antec if the budget allows as there is a ~Rs.1,000 bump from Antec to CM.

2) Seasonic seems a bit too expensive and I have heard good things about Corsair PSUs. Should I go with Corsair or Antec? Does it depend on the cabinet I'm choosing?

3) The cpu fan that comes with the fx 6300 or any amd cpus in general suck and are quite noisy (afaik). So a cpu fan might be necessary in future.

Please suugest a good PSU below 4,000 (if possible). I've heard a lot of people say that 550W would barely make it.

Edited by Rohan Seth

Following,

Intel Core i5 4670

GIGABYTE B85M-D3H

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 / Western Digital Blue Edition 1TB (add more storage later as per needs)

HP / ASUS (boxed) optical drive

G.Skill RIPJAWS / Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1866MHz RAM

MSi Gaming OC Edition / Sapphire Dual-X Radeon R9-280X / R9-290

Seasonic M12II 650W

Corsair Carbide 400R

APC BR-800VA

(audio peripheral as per your choice)

I hope you are not going to be over-clocking because if you are looking towards that as well, few components might need to be swapped.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Thanks. Order from Flipkart or Nehru Place will fetch better prices ?

Some good shop in Nehru Place where I can get all components. I know of SMC. Any others ?

1) I'll try to fit in the N200 instead of Antec if the budget allows as there is a ~Rs.1,000 bump from Antec to CM.

Hmmm... Okay. Will have to take cognisance of that.

But where did you see pricing of the Cooler Master N200?

2) Seasonic seems a bit too expensive and I have heard good things about Corsair PSUs. Should I go with Corsair or Antec? Does it depend on the cabinet I'm choosing?

Please suugest a good PSU below 4,000 (if possible). I've heard a lot of people say that 550W would barely make it.

It is worth it that is why it is priced so and it ain't available in Nehru Place (only Antec is), there is nothing like a good and cheap SMPS.

If you cut down on this prepare for problems later.

3) The cpu fan that comes with the fx 6300 or any amd cpus in general suck and are quite noisy (afaik). So a cpu fan might be necessary in future.

It is noisy but till March you won't need a third party fan. In-fact most cheap coolers are just as bad if not worse than the stock pieces.

Thanks. Order from Flipkart or Nehru Place will fetch better prices ?

Apart from the motherboard and SMPS everything locally purchased is a better idea.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Edited by ALPHA17

Hmmm... Okay. Will have to take cognisance of that.

But where did you see pricing of the Cooler Master N200?

It is worth it that is why it is priced so and it ain't available in Nehru Place (only Antec is), there is nothing like a good and cheap SMPS.

If you cut down on this prepare for problems later.

It is noisy but till March you won't need a third party fan. In-fact most cheap coolers are just as bad if not worse than the stock pieces.

N200: 1) Snapdeal - Rs. 3,495

2) Amazon - Rs. 6,429

N300: SMC - Rs. 3,275

As far as PSU goes, I think I'll go for the Antec 550W PSU instead. I just can't go for Seasonic right now. Maybe later.

For the CPU fan, I was thinking about getting the Cooler master Hyper 212X cooler as it has received great reviews and seems like the best bang for the buck cooler ATM.

EDIT: I found this combo at this site.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/antec-x1-cpu-cabinet-with/1391212?pos=12;64

Is snapdeal reliable? The combo seems decent and it saves me Rs. 239.

Edited by Rohan Seth

N200: 1) Snapdeal - Rs. 3,495

2) Amazon - Rs. 6,429

N300: SMC - Rs. 3,275

Local price of the N200?

As far as PSU goes, I think I'll go for the Antec 550W PSU instead. I just can't go for Seasonic right now. Maybe later.

A good SMPS can and should serve you through multiple builds not just one.

For the CPU fan, I was thinking about getting the Cooler master Hyper 212X cooler as it has received great reviews and seems like the best bang for the buck cooler ATM.

Yeah! Get that in March. Till then use the stock cooler.

EDIT: I found this combo at this site.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/antec-x1-cpu-cabinet-with/1391212?pos=12;64

Is snapdeal reliable? The combo seems decent and it saves me Rs. 239.

Most chances they have a local distributor in Nehru Place. So you might get a similar price locally.

Will be buying a new APC UPS. The 600VA I use currently is overloaded by my rig.

Should I buy the 800VA or 1100VA . Price difference is around 1k.

Edited by piper

Should I buy the 800VA or 1100VA . Price difference is around 1k.

1.1KVA if you can live with the price difference.

Otherwise in a cinch the 800VA should also do fine.

I honestly have no idea. The IT Depot quotes it @ 3,330 so let's assume it above 3,000 here aswell.

Online price will always be higher, always. Ground prices can be anywhere between ~500/- -->4500/- off that.

Edited by ALPHA17

If so, I'm ready to pay for the shipping charges. :bounce:

It is true but find out about those charges, if it exceeds ~1000/- quid, you might as well get BattleField 4 from Taco Bell and just pay for internet charges instead of the games price under shipping.

It is true but find out about those charges, if it exceeds ~1000/- quid, you might as well get BattleField 4 from Taco Bell and just pay for internet charges instead of the games price under shipping.

Shipping cost is Rs.210. :P

So, if I'm purchasing R9 270X, the total cost would be Rs. 16,709 (including shipping) which seems to be a great deal for a budget card along with BF4.

Edited by Rohan Seth

Shipping cost is Rs.210. :P

So, if I'm purchasing R9 270X, the total cost would be Rs. 16,709 (including shipping) which seems to be a great deal for a budget card along with BF4.

Go for it then, eyes closed.

I called theitdepot and they said I'll get games with the cards, whichever manufacturer gives...

Which means it is really your luck and up-to the amount of information passed onto them by the distributors.

1) Cabinet: Antec X1 - Rs. 2,489
2) Motherboard: MSI 970A - Rs. 5,499
3) CPU: AMD FX 6300 - Rs. 7,699/7,450
4) GPU: MSI/ASUS R9 270X - Rs. 15,000-18,000
5) PSU: Corsair VS550 550 Watt - Rs. 3,450
6) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB - Rs. 4,900
7) HDD: WD BLUE 1TB - ~Rs. 4,100
8) PEST: Cooler Master - ~Rs. 200 ( Won't be buying a cpu cooler for a month so this will have to do till then :P )
9) Mouse: HP KY619AA - Rs. 369
10) Keyboard: Dell 104 - Rs. 445

Will a 600VA UPS (my current one) be sufficient for this rig or should I go for 800VA? The one I'm using right now runs like a badass though. :|