Official Wii-U Thread

How powerful is the Wii U reallY??

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-30-how-powerful-is-the-wii-u-really

I just saw the mass effect 3 gameplay on Wii U , The Gamepad is a really interesting feature , u can either use it to control the skills of player and squad mates or u can play me3 on that small screen itself if the TV is being used for something else. Just love the way it works.

If this console lets me play me3 while im taking a poop or while im lying in bed then im certainly going to buy this. Just $300 :) .

pad gameplay at 1:30

This is looking good .... w.r.t controller .... the touch screen is a neat idea with lot of potential .... getting an inkling MS and Sony will shamelessly rip the touchscreen now and call it something else :P

Does anybody know what is the region coding followed by Wii-U for their consoles (if they do have something like that) ?

I am guessing it will be NTSC-J/NTSC-U/PAL.

Not really surprised by the lack of an ethernet port. I dont think the Wii had one either. Having said that I am sure Nintendo are devastated that they lost the support of Zodka/Ambar etc. I am sure those guys will jump back in once it gets hacked though. ;)

I have played NSMB on Wii-U and I would say that Nintendo has nailed the concept of dual-inputs. It plays really really well.

To remind our spec-whoring friends again that, Nintendo innovates with input, and they never failed so far, so I am putting my money on this one too.

New system buyers will get best machine out there for the price, the awesome first party titles and with the pro-controller they can play all the multi-plats.

+1 , Imagine if skyrim or dragons dogma comes to the wii (its inevitable) and u can manage your inventory and skills on the pad screen itself and using the touch screen to sort things out without having to pause the game. For me thats the worst thing in 360/PS3 pressing a button on the controller and navigating the huge inventory is a pain. People who are hating WiiU's gamepad truly are narrow minded people.

At the end of the day it doesnt matter how many cpu terraflops u got , nintendo's first party games are 'sellers' and they have loyal fans . Im seriously considering buying this as soon as i get the chance.

This is looking good .... w.r.t controller .... the touch screen is a neat idea with lot of potential .... getting an inkling MS and Sony will shamelessly rip the touchscreen now and call it something else :P

Does anybody know what is the region coding followed by Wii-U for their consoles (if they do have something like that) ?

MS is aiming to make that 'living room' console and trying to attact more casuals and old peoples , Sony will tread carefully this gen, but im sure theyll end up releasing another shiny peice of sh*t . Nintendo as of now is trying to get as much third party support. Hope this console succeeds , i suddenly like the Wii U :) .

Hope this gets discounted for Black Friday.

A guy can wish, can't he ? :P

add one more to be carried by your contact then :P

A guy can wish, can't he ? :P

Don't worry...items that are sold out everywhere DO NOT get discounted at any time of the year :lol:

I am sure those guys will jump back in once it gets hacked though.

NEVER :threatenlumber: .....Iam against all kind of console hacking :threatenlumber:

arey usko chahiya powerful graphics wala console....aur khoon- kharaba -nangi ladkhiya wala games...yeh sab mario aur zelda...uske ke bas ka baat nahi...woh art nahi samajhta.. .woh sirf :puspa::bandit::bananasplit:

:rofl:

:hug:

^^ Wii U has backward compatibility, Those who didnt own a Wii can now play Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (one of the best games this gen) . I doubt if ms or sony will bother about bc. And and as far as consoles are concerned games and games is the only thing that matters, and ninty has that. Many people are also saying that the WiiU is 'indie friendly' so prolly in the future i can expect to see games that would normally be exclusive to the steam store , like say... interstellar marines?? Is that game out or what?? been hearing about it for 7 years now.

Team Ninja Dog on Wii U

"In terms of power, it’s right up there with PS3 and Xbox 360 plus the power to run the extra screen on the controller. There is plenty of power there to use," Hayashi stated. "For all of Nintendo’s hardware, it’s not about power; it’s about how you creatively use the hardware. When we make games for Nintendo, they are going to come and challenge us to use that hardware to make a creative game. That’s the key point from Nintendo that we always feel."

I lol'ed at the "its right up there " bit :rofl:

but

they are going to come and challenge us to use that hardware to make a creative game. That’s the key point from Nintendo that we always feel."

:D

Translation: Wii U is not powerful, but we will make creative games where you can play the games via controller while pooping. Please buy it instead of making the sane decision of waiting for real next gen. Because you know, f**k logic.

Translation: Wii U is not powerful, but we will make creative games where you can play the games via controller while pooping. Please buy it instead of making the sane decision of waiting for real next gen. Because you know, f**k logic.

i dont think you can use the controller while pooping .... the console will beam the game to your controller , i think you've to be in LOS / or atleast in the same room for it to work. Not sure though.

Also, apart from that, i like how the controller is used for all inventory management / HUD and stuff like that, while the screen is only for gaming .... this is really nice .... and i think thats where the touchscreen scores. Either way, if Wii-U is going to have the same games from x360/ps3 ported onto it, i see no reason why anyone would buy that, ninty needs to back it up with a strong lineup !

Archived