Risen 2

Karooo

Okay let me sum it up. It's not like Fable at all. It's pretty hardcore... the combat is challenging and there's very little handholding (you don't even have a dynamic map with quest markers). Fighting more than one wolf at a time means death in the early stages. That said it's pretty amazing. The harsh nature of the game makes it stand out from the typical western RPGs. The games is a spiritual successor to the Gothic series. If you are interested read my IVG review.

I don't think you need to play the first game in order to play this. I'd be wary of the console versions though. The 360 port of the first game was crap. But it was great on the PC... gorgeous visuals and decent performance.

thanks, reading the review, actually i was looking for the original game but its nowhere to be found :( looks interesting. unfortunately dont have a pc so console version will have to do.

so u say the story is totally new for this,... eh ?

Yeah it should be a new story. May have some references from Risen but nothing too important.

You see these games usually don't focus on a "hero" character like Commander Shepard. The world is a character itself. You just play as a no-name average dude getting caught in the politics, war etc.

avoid the console version of risen, i've heard it's pretty bad. just jump into the second one, there will be only minor references to the old game... nothing that will diminish the enjoyment for a new player. and yea, if you've ever played a gothic game, that's exactly what you should expect from risen.

who is the publisher for this game? any chance it will show up here? unlikely i know, but i'm still hopeful...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome Piratey Goodness , walk the plank mi matties , arrgghhh

coz duh we wanna go on ground now this is a landlover pirate's RPG , we are loosing valuable ground people , we don't want to go far to amalur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the game , i hope they do a pirate crew thing for online play , how hard is it to put multiplayer in a open world or a RPG Game , Red Dead Redemption Did it , rockstar has guts which frankly everyone lacks

• 2 weeks later...

Risen 2: Dark Waters Delayed

Giving us a quick heads-up this afternoon, Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes have announced that their upcoming Fantasy-RPG, Risen 2: Dark Waters, has been delayed for unspecified reasons. Previously scheduled for release in April, the game is now expected to hit stores in North America on May 22nd and Europe on May 25th. So be sure to update your calendars!

src: yougamers

^^ even otherwise, I doubt if it would've been a bestseller. If its anything like the first one, I doubt many would enjoy the game. No proper in-game tutorials, no proper navigation/map system - that itself would turn off many !

Archived