MarketTantrik

HOMEFRONT

Developer: Kaos Studios

Publisher: THQ

Platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows

Genre: First-person shooter

Modes: Single player, Multi player

Background

THQ have just announced "Homefront", a first-person shooter that tells the story of a United States humbled by total economic collapse, then conquered by North Korea. So not based on a true story, then.

Interestingly, the game has been written by John Milius, a Hollywood screenwriter (and total gun nut) who has worked on Dirty Harry, Apocalypse Now, Conan and, yes, Red Dawn.

Which is funny, because Homefront's story doesn't stray too far from that of Red Dawn, with players joining the "American Civil Resistance" as they fight to overthrow their Communist oppressors. Who are from...North Korea.

The game is being developed by Kaos Studios, the team behind Frontlines: Fuel of War, and is due for the 360, PS3 & PC. More details, as well as something to look at (come on THQ, at least one screen would have been nice), will be provided during E3.

Game Description

The year is 2027. The world has suffered a decade-long energy crisis, and economies have crumbled. Reduced to a mere shadow of the super power it once was, the United States became the target of a North Korean takeover. American malls, suburbs and city streets are now battlegrounds as the civilian resistance fights for freedom. Featuring a compelling single player story crafted by John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Red Dawn), Homefront immerses gamers in an interactive and cinematic FPS experience where they will assume an infantry role or take command of a wide variety of aerial and ground vehicles. In addition to the single-player experience, Homefront will deliver a robust multiplayer experience. In a land stripped of freedom, the brave will fight for their home.

Screens (click for HD versions)

homefront20090602044222.th.jpg

homefront20090602044226.th.jpg

homefront20090602044230.th.jpg

homefront20090602044234.th.jpg

homefront20090602044238.th.jpg

homefront20090602044241.th.jpg

homefront20090602044245.th.jpg

homefront20090602044248.th.jpg

homefront20090602044257.th.jpg

Videos

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1433547...ont_trl_e3.html

reminds of freedom fighters i played years ago on pc...that was my favourite game for years, i still cant forget it

frm the trailer looks pretty descent, when is it releasing ?

Conquored by northkorea ???? who is the story writer.

Even Frontlines had that sort of story, people fighting over oil, chinese and russians allies vs us and europe something.

but Frontlines was a sweeet game. I really loved it. I am looking forward to this game.

Will it blow CoD4 and MW2 away?

no

i like how the north korean jeeps look like the red star ones in frontlines :)

also, from the IGN article:

A big focus of the single-player campaign will be keeping things in a first-person perspective to deliver a more immersive story experience.

ugh. i wish they would just focus on the multiplayer component ;)

And it's strange that it's 2027, the world is in an energy crisis, and yet the screenshots have oil barrels everywhere just waiting to explode :P

peace

Perhaps that caused the crisis. :O

Looks good but its hard to say for sure as the screen-shots look AA'd to hell. Seriously, look at em, not a single jaggy in a screen-shot.

Perhaps that caused the crisis. :)

Looks good but its hard to say for sure as the screen-shots look AA'd to hell. Seriously, look at em, not a single jaggy in a screen-shot.

The screens and the video are from the PC version. Take a look at the video and you will see the video card chugging away while AA'ong the roof edges on the houses.

And it's strange that it's 2027, the world is in an energy crisis, and yet the screenshots have oil barrels everywhere just waiting to explode :P

LOL yeah, they had the same thing in Frontlines: Fuel Of War.

Anyway, this game is looking pretty cool.

Conquored by northkorea ???? who is the story writer.

Even Frontlines had that sort of story, people fighting over oil, chinese and russians allies vs us and europe something.

but Frontlines was a sweeet game. I really loved it. I am looking forward to this game.

i agree..i really like frontlines as well..a good game..looking forward to this one

• 11 months later...

Archived