Homefront

MarketTantrik

@ desi_missy: :slap: tera kuch nahin ho sakta... spinny ne tere upar wale post mein explain kiya, fir v nahin samjha :spank: ...

n fyi, bfbc2 had 4 default rounds... u forgetting squad rush... but dis 1 has nothing 2 do wid bfbc2 :good: ...

abey i dont think dis 1 is a MP mode :P ... its just like setting FRAGOs in MAG ;) ... back me up CC, ragzy :good: ...

Yeah its like squad leader setting up frago targets for his squad members. But in MAG you get double XP for anything you do (kill, revive, place bombs etc) near frago target, which gives incentives for your squad members to follow your orders, I don't think thats the case here.

You've got to get into MP action bro....especially with games like these. SP is a bonus if it delivers in these type of games.

Bah, no time or inclination for MP. I always get bored, that's why I either get it on PC, play and uninstall cos it's relatively cheap, or borrow it from a friend and play on the PS3 and return it.

some info on Battle Commander and mp-

game's newest modes: Battle Commander.

Battle Commander, in some ways, shares similarities with the perk and killstreak features of recent Call of Duty titles. Except in the Kaos Studios (console) and Digital Extremes (PC)-developed shooter Homefront, the abilities only appear under a specific mode.

It works like this: as players kill enemies in Homefront's 'Battle Commander' mode, they are given a star ranking. As more kills occur, the player has his star level increase (think Grand Theft Auto's 'Wanted' level). At first, killing a pair of enemies will net you a single star. Then a string of a few more kills bumps it up. As you disable enemy forces, an on screen prompt tells the play how many more kills he or she needs until they achieve the next star rank until a maximum of five.

As players mow down the opposition, they are given buffs based on their method of destruction. Let's say you're piloting a remote helicopter assault drone and start raising in rank. As your increase, the game gives your drone more armor, health and so on. On foot, you're given similar buffs based on your loadout. These bonuses--which amount to something akin to automatic care packages--are given to you by an A.I. leader on your team; otherwise known as the Battle Commander. The better you do, the more gear your get, and the harder it is to kill you.

And people will want to kill you. On the opposing team, players are given recon regarding streaking enemies from their own Battle Commander. As an incentive to end that enemy's streak, the Battle Commander offers more Battle Points--the in-game currency in Homefront--to put the enemy's top performer in the ground.

Dying means buffs are reset along with your star ranking but not before throwing players a nice chunk of change for being a major threat.

Before each match players are given the opportunity to edit one of six loadouts, which includes the ability to equip special weapons (like rocket launchers), recon or assault drones and special infantry abilities (like adding more armor to your drones). These items and bonuses aren't immediately available to players though, as they must collect Battle Points in the game to purchase them as a round is in progress.

One example we were given was something I've seen far too often. You spawn into a multiplayer game that features vehicles and everyone immediately sprints toward their favorite ride. If that isn't bad enough, some players will stand around and wait for those items to respawn in the world. In Homefront, that doesn't happen. You purchase those items with your own points and they belong to you.One of the items is the AQ-11 Buzzard assault drone allows you to send out a small, rocket-wielding helicopter which you can use to attack opposition forces.

The systems in place for Homefront's competitive mode made me excited to keep playing. It's fresh and fun. It's not a constant barrage of the same abilities again and again because someone hit their third kill with a stray grenade. It's something you have to think about and plan in the middle of an intense firefight.Homefront's single-player may be a grim, realistic representation of the horrors of war, but the game's multiplayer had me looking for my holster and helmet. My time with Homefront's multiplayer was some of the most, strategic fun I've had playing a multiplayer, first-person shooter in ages.

6/10 from eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer...omefront-review

2.5/5 from joystiq

http://www.joystiq.c...mefront-review/

3/5 from giantbomb

http://www.giantbomb.com/homefront/61-26633/reviews/

7/10 from gameinformer

http://www.gameinfor...-of-polish.aspx

5/10 from destructoid

http://www.destructo...nt-196389.phtml

I still don't understand how popular franchises can get good scores despite no real innovations and using old tech. Most of the complaints against Homefront are that it's a solid game with decent MP but it doesn't do anything new, looks dated and has a short SP. Doesn't that apply to the latest Call Of Duty as well?

I still don't understand how popular franchises can get good scores despite no real innovations and using old tech. Most of the complaints against Homefront are that it's a solid game with decent MP but it doesn't do anything new, looks dated and has a short SP. Doesn't that apply to the latest Call Of Duty as well?

what i don't understand is how people can play homefront, a game that is a sub-par clone of call of duty, and say it's fun to play but when it comes to talking about call of duty itself (which does everything better), they will trash it like it's the worst game ever created. i guess name bias goes both ways?

MS prob payed THQ a ton of $ for that exclusive map and was promoting the hell out of this game. They put all their hopes on this game since they have no excluves till GeOW3 and looks like homefront is going to bomb :rofl:

Archived