Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yo peeps,how to change Steam store region ?

VPN.

would recommend against that. High chance your account's likely to be locked.

In my case, when I moved back to India, my transactions kept getting declined because of change in country as determined by the IP. Was one transaction away from getting account locked, per Steam support

But i searched it and it shows that this item is not available in your region.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas is not available in your region because of Brahmin controversy. But you can still buy from Amazon and other 3rd party sites (heck, even get it gifted on Steam) and play.

Check DB yourself: http://steamdb.info/app/22380/#section_subs

India is not locked in Asia region

http://steamdb.info/sub/13359/

PurchaseRestrictedCountries

HK Hong Kong

SG Singapore

TW Taiwan

MY Malaysia

ID Indonesia

TH Thailand

BN Brunei Darussalam

PH Philippines

KR Korea, Republic of

CN China

MO Macau

That forum OP bought from HK, that's why.

Edited by Heaven Angel

would recommend against that. High chance your account's likely to be locked.

In my case, when I moved back to India, my transactions kept getting declined because of change in country as determined by the IP. Was one transaction away from getting account locked, per Steam support

All this is scarring me buying MGS revengeance from amazon and activating the code here in india...

All this is scarring me buying MGS revengeance from amazon and activating the code here in india...

Dont worry it'll work flawlessly and without any ban issues , many friends of mine got fallout frm steam gifts and nothing happened to their account , but still if interested i can get you any game worth 1300 frm Fk for metal gear :P I missed the amazon deal and card is not working :(

Dont worry it'll work flawlessly and without any ban issues , many friends of mine got fallout frm steam gifts and nothing happened to their account , but still if interested i can get you any game worth 1300 frm Fk for metal gear :P I missed the amazon deal and card is not working :(

Okay...dekha ..jan 9th ko kya hota hai.

I have read that you can get a region locked game as a gift. But even if you have the disk of a region locked game, you can't redeem it on steam :/

A game you got as a gift would work even if its region locked but you can't redeem it yourself.

Edited by Sach4life

I have read that you can get a region locked game as a gift. But even if you have the disk of a region locked game, you can't redeem it on steam :/

A game you got as a gift would work even if its region locked but you can't redeem it yourself.

Plain wrong. You can get gift from locked region but cannot redeem it. Simple.

There is LOT of difference between region restriction and region lock.

Fallout is region restricted.

Witcher is region locked.

You can activate and play Fallout anywhere.

You can activate but cannot play Witcher if it's region locked.

There is another thing. Region restriction and locked. In this case you cannot activate or play without changing your region/using appid trick. Ex: SKYRIM from RU region.

Edited by Heaven Angel

but amazon will be giving me code ..how will steam know its a gift?? as i would have to activate the game with that code.

You can redeem the code directly on STEAM. It will come up in your inventory as a retail purchase.

In short, i can redeem the code and simply play it without any problem?

Fallout? YES. It'll be redeemed as retail.

I myself purchased keys from GG during price error.

4SrZ1zN.png

Next Fallout will be completely locked though. :P

Because of two-headed cows mutated by radiation - as pack animals.

In Hindu religion, cows are revered and it wouldn't surprise me if the ability of players to shoot up herds of "brahmin" in Fallout 3 factored into the cancellation. The name of the radiated cows probably didn't help matters, either, as the term originates in India. "Brahman" is the name of a breed of cattle from India and the name of a prominent concept in Hindu religion ("the primal source and ultimate goal of all beings").

and I don't think Bethesda will get rid of it.