Little Nightmares

otaku.u

mGXIWgb.jpg

about-

When you're a child, everything is terrifying. Shadows under the bed hide monsters, the light peeking through the window creating a world of stark whites and blacks. Tarsier Studios' Little Nightmares (formally known as Hunger) brings you straight back to this world, filling you with that inflated sense of wonder and horror only a child can feel.

Little Nightmares is a simple platformer with stealth elements and puzzle solving.

The Team- Tarsier studios, Bandai namco(publisher)

Platforms - ps4,xbone,windows.

Release date - spring 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not an Indie game, right?

I'm kinda hoping for atleast 15+ hour of gameplay.

Get Mankind Divided.

Anyway, get back on topic.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not an Indie game, right?

I'm kinda hoping for atleast 15+ hour of gameplay.

I think yes. It was picked up by Namco for publishing but not sure whether any funds were provided for them.

It's not a 15 hours game. Play Fallout if you want game with 100 hours of content.

He is asking for 15 hour game time, why should he play fallout with 100 hour gameplay? He never asked for 100 hour gameplay. Matlb bande ko chahye 15 ghnte ka game, toh suggest kare tu usse fallout with 100 hour gameplay :lol:

• 7 months later...

Played for about an hour, finished the first "chapter" I suppose.

So far I'm loving it, the atmosphere is creepy without being overbearing. Reminds me a lot of Playdead's games Limbo and Inside (which I absolutely loved and was in my top 10 last year). The main difference however is that this game is not stuck on a 2D plane and has "depth" to it. It's still very much a side scrolling puzzle platformer though. The movement feels smooth and responsive and the feeling of being a tiny person in a strangely large world is perfectly captured. The art design is fantastic and it's wonderfully animated.

I do have a few issues with the game though, the 3D movement led to some missed jumps and eventually some stupid deaths. I'm not very good at puzzle platformers and that's one of the reasons why I liked Playdead's titles, they aren't hard to play. Little Nightmares isn't hard but it did annoy me a couple of times so far as I had to repeat a few sections multiple times because of missed jumps and grabs. The game also (deliberately) delays tutorial messages expecting you to figure out basic controls. I'm not sure I'm too fond of that either.

Anyway, those complaints aside I'm enjoying the game and can't wait to play more.

EDIT: Finished Chapter 2 and started with 3... it gets so much better! Mainly because each of these chapters introduces a "boss" so to speak. Some of the sections involving them are genuinely thrilling! I feel the game really picks up after the first section so I'd advise playing through it before you decide what you think. The way these enemies are designed and animated is truly creepy! I also like how the game manages to be unsettling without any jump scares or loud noises. Most of the time everything is telegraphed clearly ahead of time. I still feel the game relies on trial and error at times but it's not too bad. It's almost always clear what you need to do / where you need to go.

Archived