Official Wii-U Thread

Woah. I had no idea you had access to that kind of insider info at Sony/MS and Ninty. So all three companies told you their specs huh?

And here I was think we barely had any credible rumors when you are sitting on confirmed info already.

hmmmm....its anybody guess....just how everyone knows million in sales for call of duty upcoming games...is it really hard for you to see each of these companies approach towards console gaming...

okay... just like how microsoft ripped off eye toy with Kinect....and sony R&D team was already working on motion controller since ps2...they even launched a video before....but go ahead keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy. :)

Motion controllers existed in gaming(Sega as usual) even before Eyetoy,PS2 or any other Sony BS :) ...

and Motion control in general isnt anything new....Its all about the implementation , the Wii was a fresh idea and it was a huge success ...Sony wanted some of that $$$ and made a nice little clone called the Move

Similarly analog controllers existed long time back.... but it wasnt until the N64 that it became the standard , and Sony once again did what they do best...

Woah. I had no idea you had access to that kind of insider info at Sony/MS and Ninty. So all three companies told you their specs huh?

And here I was think we barely had any credible rumors when you are sitting on confirmed info already.

Because The PS1 and PS2 were the most powerful consoles for their time .... N64 and Gamecube never existed...

Times change , whats great now may not be great next gen.... if it was only about graphics ... Nintendo should have won every console generation after the NES , but they haven't successfully dominated a generation until the Wii...

Same thing for handhelds if DS was just a slightly powered up GBA, things could have gone different

Motion controllers existed in gaming(Sega as usual) even before Eyetoy,PS2 or any other Sony BS :) ...

and Motion control in general isnt anything new....Its all about the implementation , the Wii was a fresh idea and it was a huge success ...Sony wanted some of that $$$ and made a nice little clone called the Move

Similarly analog controllers existed long time back.... but it wasnt until the N64 that it became the standard , and Sony once again did what they do best...

Because The PS1 and PS2 were the most powerful consoles for their time .... N64 and Gamecube never existed...

Times change , whats great now may not be great next gen.... if it was only about graphics ... Nintendo should have won every console generation after the NES , but they haven't successfully dominated a generation until the Wii...

Same thing for handhelds if DS was just a slightly powered up GBA, things could have gone different

I was actually talking about kinect from eye toy...i believe sony was the first that bought such kinda of controller and even they advertised it same way kinect is with the "you are controller" thing...just that kinect was more advanced version and better implemented with some great games ...

once again wii-u may be a huge success for nintendo and great for gamers but from the power of the console it kinda seems it will again fall back in front of next gen xbox/ps....

once again wii-u may be a huge success for nintendo and great for gamers but from the power of the console it kinda seems it will again fall back in front of next gen xbox/ps....

I like how you just "know" that not only the Wii U will be underpowered but the gap will be as large as it was between the PS360 and the Wii.

Gotta love gamers whose entire gaming knowledge is based on whats happened since the PS3 released. :lol:

I like how you just "know" that not only the Wii U will be underpowered but the gap will be as large as it was between the PS360 and the Wii.

Gotta love gamers whose entire gaming knowledge is based on whats happened since the PS3 released. :lol:

you can say whatever you want too....but it seems very much likely that wii-u will be not as powerful as next xbox/ps....even if the gap is not that big it will be enough to make out..

also ...i can be wrong about all this...but seeing the trend for last 2 generations of gaming ...i feel strong about once again same kinda approach by BIG 3.

also ...i can be wrong about all this...but seeing the trend for last 2 generations of gaming ...i feel strong about once again same kinda approach by BIG 3.

Last two generations by the big 3? Really? Maybe you should look into where the Gamecube stood techwise when compared to the PS2 before you dig yourself further into this hole.

Seriously. All you are doing is assuming the next gen will be EXACTLY like this gen. Worse, you are assuming that what happened this gen is pretty much what must have happened last gen too. Wii was underpowered so the GC must have been the same way. Right? :doh:

This running in real-time is more than enough for me..

stop fooling yourself, it was a tech demo, nothing else, it is MUCH easier to do a tech demo as the length is what like 10 minutes, when a full game is to be made sacrifices need to be done :giggle:

stop fooling yourself, it was a tech demo, nothing else, it is MUCH easier to do a tech demo as the length is what like 10 minutes, when a full game is to be made sacrifices need to be done :giggle:

Thats why I said 'more than enough' :P

Last two generations by the big 3? Really? Maybe you should look into where the Gamecube stood techwise when compared to the PS2 before you dig yourself further into this hole.

Seriously. All you are doing is assuming the next gen will be EXACTLY like this gen. Worse, you are assuming that what happened this gen is pretty much what must have happened last gen too. Wii was underpowered so the GC must have been the same way. Right? :doh:

it is already looking that way...is it so hard for you to see that...still no use going on about this ...best is wait and see ...we will know in next few months only ....as for GC yes it was powerful than ps2 but compared to xbox again it was not by much ..and wii totally inferior to xbox 360 and ps3....

Last gen, in terms of spec:

Xbox >/= GC > PS2

This gen, in terms of spec:

Xbox 360 = PS3 > Wii

This is of course, leaving out first party devs who get a ton of help coding for the PS3. By and large all multiplats play the same.

well it is not about first party or third party...you got to agree that ps3 packs more punch than xbox 360 Graphics wise(even if not by far but still)...games like UC2 was only possible on ps3 as far as consoles are concerned...

you said it is not about first party and then used UC2 for example, what an irony :doh:

oh yaar. :doh: sach mein....what is wrong ??..... i am talking about game be it from any one first or third party....UC2 is used here as a example of game that set new standard in graphic tech for this current gen consoles..

I'm not going into technical details here, but to my eye, both consoles are on par as far as visuals are concerned. MS first party games look drop dead gorgeous too. Just take a look at Gears 3, Forza 4 that released last year. Maybe after a year or two PS3 will come up with better visuals than the 360, but that's just a wild guess of mine. Of course newer consoles might come into existence by then, counting out WiiU of course.

[quote name='playstation' timestamp='1327758874'

well it is not about first party or third party...you got to agree that ps3 packs more punch than xbox 360 Graphics wise(even if not by far but still)...games like UC2 was only possible on ps3 as far as consoles are concerned...

PS3 packs more punch than Xbox 360 but cant even play Skyrim properly

What an irony :cry:

Archived