Official Wii-U Thread

stop fooling yourself, it was a tech demo, nothing else, it is MUCH easier to do a tech demo as the length is what like 10 minutes, when a full game is to be made sacrifices need to be done :giggle:

But the games that we play now on PS3 far outperform the tech demos that they showed when it released right? .... I mean there was one for FF7 , it looked great back then but now there are games that look way better...

That zelda tech demo might not be what we get day 1 (remember even initial 360 games looked just like PS2 games on high res).... but am sure as devs figure out the system we ll get much better ones...

But the games that we play now on PS3 far outperform the tech demos that they showed when it released right? .... I mean there was one for FF7 , it looked great back then but now there are games that look way better...

That zelda tech demo might not be what we get day 1 (remember even initial 360 games looked just like PS2 games on high res).... but am sure as devs figure out the system we ll get much better ones...

+1

Hell, when I first saw trailers of GTA IV, I thought they were all processed vids, and those sort of visuals are not possible given the current gen hardware. The Zelda tech demo will be surpassed; I'm banking on it!

I meant to set the expectations at launch, with time it will be outdone, undoubtedly

Yeah, this is the ND tech demo they showed at E3 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-1vYS41lDo

And people thought this looked too good to be possible on next gen.

Okay this look pretty great, but is this totally impossible for the current gen?

Maybe you can, if you tone down the lighting and particle effects, lose few animation frames, drop res to 540p and ~25 framerate. Afaik that demo ran at 1080p and without any visible framerate drop, and at one point it was running on both TV and handheld screen simultaneously.

^^ I don't understand their concept of mirroring the exact game on the controllers ! Why is that required ? But otherwise, i like that controller, opens up so many options in playing games, like having stuff like inventory and dialogue options, in-game maps on the controller instead of the screen etc. I just hope they price it decently....and please nintendo....grow up beyond those marios and zeldas....and get us more serious games !

^^ I don't understand their concept of mirroring the exact game on the controllers ! Why is that required ? But otherwise, i like that controller, opens up so many options in playing games, like having stuff like inventory and dialogue options, in-game maps on the controller instead of the screen etc. I just hope they price it decently....and please nintendo....grow up beyond those marios and zeldas....and get us more serious games !

Beech :|

^^ I don't understand their concept of mirroring the exact game on the controllers ! Why is that required ?

Its for when you're in the middle of some boss fight and your wifu comes along and wants to watch Sas Bahu Saazish :P

call me whatever u want....if ninty wants my money, they need to give me reasons beyond their regular zeldas and marios, they may be perfect games, but just not for me !

Yeah, that is exactly the reason why Ninty is now dancing with panties to attract 3rd party support. You'll get all the dudebro shooters on WiiU to start with :|

EDIT: If Ninty's first party studios start making such games, it means the end of the world is near.

Yeah, that is exactly the reason why Ninty is now dancing with panties to attract 3rd party support. You'll get all the dudebro shooters on WiiU to start with :|

EDIT: If Ninty's first party studios start making such games, it means the end of the world is near.

Why is that you consider all non zelda non mario games to be dudebro shooters ? What about games like,skyrim, me, uncharted, gta, heavy rain, god of war etc ? I'm not asking ninty to strip making zelda and mario games, but there are many of us who want something more than that !

Why is that you consider all non zelda non mario games to be dudebro shooters ? What about games like,skyrim, me, uncharted, gta, heavy rain, god of war etc ? I'm not asking ninty to strip making zelda and mario games, but there are many of us who want something more than that !

I didn't. I just said that most of the dudebro shooters will be availabe on the WiiU, for starters

Everything else is bound to follow. I just stressed on the dudebro shooters because of the inevitable market presence they hold :|

And it's not a bad thing , I for one would like to have all my fav third party games on the console I own, instead of buying multiple consoles.

Btw, I know the ans is quite ob ious, but any chance it'll supprt br format ?

GTA5 and RE6 will be either launch titles or launch window titles for Wii U, with superior map and inventory system on second screen. You heard it here first :P

I think no. I remember reading Iwata's announcement about not opting for a Bluray solution. But it'll be optical media for sure.

Its a proprietary disk format with 25GB capacity, I think this was confirmed a while ago.

wow, 25GB sounds good, but again a step back from DL BR :P What about i/o ports ? Hope it supports hdmi out of the box, downer if you've to buy another lousy converter !

And if GTA 5 launches like you say, wii-U is must buy B)

Archived