Ebay.in - Empty box received.

Kazekage Gaara

Hi guys,

A friend of mine recently bought a WD Elements HDD from a seller on Ebay.in. He's relatively new and has only 12 feedbacks, but since he was providing a very good price, my friend bought the HDD.

What happened was my friend received the package and it was from Paytm. Even the seller (sender) on the paytm invoice was different.

Apparently what the Ebay.in seller did was bought the HDD on paytm with the 1500 HDD cashback offer and put my friend's address as the delivery address.

That's not the problem. The problem is when my friend opened the package, the WD box was crumpled and appeared quite light in weight and also the seal was broken. He straightaway called the Ebay seller and sent him photos of the WD box on whatsapp. The seller told my friend to open the package, and my friend did.

APPARENTLY THE HDD WAS MISSING. Now, my friend called up the seller and also sent him a video while opening the package (suspecting foul play). The seller is telling him he will look into this and that it will take 10 to 15 days. He also said don't open a dispute and that if my friend opens a dispute, he will "stop the process of looking into this"

Weird thing is, Ebay seller is asking my friend to do this....

i will try my best....don't worry

but first CONFIRM ITEM RECEIVED in www.ebay.in

so ebay knows that you received the parcel

ok bro

That is a copy paste of Ebay seller's whatsapp message.

SHOULD MY FRIEND CONFIRM ITEM RECEIVED?

DO NOT. He's a f**king scamster. If your friend confirms the seller will be credited with money. And then your friend can't do anything.

If your friend opens dispute money will automatically transfered to your friends account after simetime. That idiot seller doesn't need to look into anything, just give -ve feedback and report eBay. Ebay does all the wirk.

My friend spoke with Ebay customer care, and they said you can raise claim anytime within 30 days of transaction.

My friend has decided NOT to accept the item and tell the seller he has 10 days to resolve this issue or else he will raise a dispute.

The seller by the talks on phone seems genuine. Let's see.

Open up a eBay guarantee claim . in the remarks section describe the whole issue. Then eBay will call your friend and give the solution to the problem. In most of the cases they refund the money in the form of coupons.

Opening up a claim will ascertain that the seller does not get the money unless he resolves the issue . your money will be safe that way.

The seller taking 10 days to resolve raises a suspicion.

Open up a eBay guarantee claim . in the remarks section describe the whole issue. Then eBay will call your friend and give the solution to the problem. In most of the cases they refund the money in the form of coupons.

Opening up a claim will ascertain that the seller does not get the money unless he resolves the issue . your money will be safe that way.

The seller taking 10 days to resolve raises a suspicion.

Coupons? WTF!

Am gonna suggest my friend to not even wait for 10 days.

Even if item reception _does_ get auto confirmed(happened to me because I was on a vacation at a place where there's no network and I wasn't able to confirm item receipt), you can still raise a dispute and the seller has 10(+/- few days) to acknowledge this. If the seller ignores, ebay will automatically refund the money to your original payment source - if Credit card, reversal of charges, if bank account then reversal of payment to your account.

Buyer is king in ebay.

Weird thing is, Ebay seller is asking my friend to do this....

That is a copy paste of Ebay seller's whatsapp message.

SHOULD MY FRIEND CONFIRM ITEM RECEIVED?

Don't do this and don't talk to seller in any way except through dispute resolution.

EBay probably has best buyer protection out there. And it is extremely well explained on the site in very clear and friendly English. Ask him to read PaisaPay FAQ in case of any doubt. EBay refunds the money in same way it was paid. Also ask him to completely stop responding to seller.

Archived