Sony has unveiled its new 4K Media Player

Source :http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-16-is-that-a-re-designed-ps4-no-its-sonys-4k-media-player

eurogamer-cnif5r.jpg

Sony has unveiled its new 4K Media Player, which holds an uncanny resemblance to the PlayStation 4.

The grooved black box has a flat front rather than the angled edges of the PS4, but otherwise follows the same design.

Catchily named the Sony FMP-X10, the device is due to release this summer for an as-yet unannounced price, Sony has announced (thanks, Videogamer).

Obviously you'll need a 4K-compatible TV, too.

1TB of storage comes as standard - handy for downloading large 4K files. You'll also be able to stream 4K content from Sony's Video Unlimited Service and Netflix.

There's still no word on Sony introducing 4K media support to the PlayStation 4, although prior to launch the company stated that such a feature was "in consideration".

Ps4 can't play mp3. Announce a 4k media player which almost nobody has a use for right now. Sign of a company heading in the right direction. To its grave.

What does ps4 not being able to play mp3 have to do with sony announcing a media player? :mellow:

And I disagree, a media player is quite useful. I have two in my house.

What does ps4 not being able to play mp3 have to do with sony announcing a media player? :mellow:

And I disagree, a media player is quite useful. I have two in my house.

You actually expect some sense? Do you know who you are talking to?

But do u have use for a 4k media player. Ppl don't even have 4k tv forget abt 4k content being available readily in the next 3-4 years. So yeah, another useless overpriced product added to the roster of sony electronics.

Well not yet. But if its priced well and someone is planning to buy a media player, then why not? :P

We will definitely see 4k content in a year or so anyway :P

Archived