I made Kinect work with PS3

Shantz

hey.. one question that was cropping in my head all day.

what proof is there that there is not someone in the background (out of picture) using a ds3 to control, albeit rather crudely to be in sync with the hand gestures ??

please dont take this wrong way, i dont mean to rain on your parade in any way shantz. I am not a tech person so dont have a clue about the nittygritties but i was wondering why has no one asked this, i mean what is there that rules out the complete possibility of a ds3 involvement.

help me out here please. hope you arent offended shantz :)

EDIT: oh i see this issue has been raised in the previous page, and from what i gather, there is no answer to it (in so far as no way to determine a lack of ds3 involvement) ah well, i just asked if it was some technical reason that rules out a ds3 presence. oh and for the record, i believe this hack.

@Nemo: Glad you understand. The only foolproof way to settle this is if someone else takes my code, compiles it and uses it. (But then people will say that I paid the guy, or he is some friend of mine, lol :P ) Anyways, code is there. I don't worry abt what ppl call it. I will keep working on it and sooner or later ppl will realize it's true.

BTW, now I've been engadgeted as well :)

Aha. Engadget

Comment on that page:

Shantanu Goel 5 minutes ago

Hey Guys. I'm the developer of this hack. I can assure you this is not a fake. I have the complete source code on github ( http://github.com/shantanugoel... ) so you can download it, compile it, install it and use it. :)

+ 3

Star Scream 0 minutes ago in reply to Shantanu Goel

dude, you should be hiding instead of spreading the code! cause sony is coming for you! they will raid your house, take your stuff & sue you!

:lol:

Wait, who here is starscream? :threatenlumber:

Shantz

you better buy a new ps3 ...your BD- Drive is dying man.....:P

no monies yaar.. I already spent 9k on the kinect even though I don't even have an Xbox :P

Archived