The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Aftrunner

How can a game like this get scrapped while dung like GI Joe makes it to stores? Nope it won't happen. It just won't.

that's because cd projekt red is a small company in eastern europe and they don't have the multi million dollar funds that these so called movie tie in 'games' have. :)

360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 - at a pinch even the PS3 will suffice

If they make for the 360 they should port it for the ps3 too, since is easier, i dont care if it is poor or sh*t downgraded version for ps3, I want this game on PS3 with trophies.

I am one of the biggest fans of witcher played this ages ago on my pc, while you guys just played it now.

:)

witcher2leakedvid.jpg

A recently leaked video showcasing the follow up to the critically acclaimed RPG The Witcher is making the rounds this morning, despite clearly reading “WARNING - THIS VIDEO IS CONFIDENTIAL - INTERNAL USE ONLY”. Yeah, that didn’t work out so well…

Anyway, the five minute internal vid for the game, apparently sub-titled “Assassins of Kings”, showcases a behind-the-scenes look at the dev studio while showcasing plenty of footage from the alpha version of the game itself, which is described as an “robust, pure blooded RPG with an extremely modern next-gen look and feel.” In other words, it’s SWEET!

Developer CD Projekt RED has issued an official statement on the video, which goes a little something like this:

“Of course, we can’t and won’t try to deny the facts. The movie that appeared on the various sites yesterday presents our newest project, The Witcher 2, which we’ve been working on for some time. We made something about half year ago, to present the first playable version of the game.” said Adam Kiciński, CEO of CD Projekt RED. “Currently we are looking for a potential publisher (or publishers) for this title, and this leak is an uncontrolled side effect of that process. For today, we are not commenting on anything that concerns the game itself.”

More information about The Witcher 2 will be unveiled alongside the official announcement.

:)

Sounds good. I got 20 bucks. I we buy them out I want to be VP.

i will be head of the advisory commitee....

and i will charge my fees.......

btw i can donate 2000 paise

:rofl: let's get the party rollin'

If they make for the 360 they should port it for the ps3 too, since is easier, i dont care if it is poor or sh*t downgraded version for ps3, I want this game on PS3 with trophies.

I am one of the biggest fans of witcher played this ages ago on my pc, while you guys just played it now.

:wub:

a windows game is easier to port to 360 rather than ps3 - shared memory vs separate memory chunks.

• 3 weeks later...

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Q&A - Early Details

Though details are scarce, project lead Adam Badowski shares some information on the upcoming sequel to the award-winning 2007 role-playing game.

2007's The Witcher was a pleasant surprise for all fans of traditional "Western" role-playing games because it was a great game in its own right, but also because it went in many new directions not previously seen in such games. The original game was based on the fantasy fiction of author Andrzej Sapkowski, whose novels star the Witcher--a cynical monster-hunter with supernatural powers making his way in a dark fantasy world where brutality and bigotry are common. Recently, a preproduction video for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings somehow made its way onto the Internet, prompting a lot of speculation about the sequel. Though it's still a bit too early to go in-depth, CD Projekt's project lead Adam Badowski did give us some information about what we can expect.

A screen-capture from the mysteriously leaked Witcher 2 video.

975399_100109_790screen001.jpg

GameSpot: Details of the sequel to The Witcher have finally started popping up here and there. What kind of general overview of the game can you give us?

Adam Badowski: The Witcher 2 is the sequel to our first game, The Witcher, which won lots of awards and sold more than 1.3 million copies on the PC. The leaked video, which wasn't intended for public viewing, caused a lot of confusion and generated misinformation based largely on speculation within the gaming community. The reason for speculation was very simple--the movie mostly presented the improvements we've made in [certain] aspects of the game without providing a general overview. It didn't really convey what The Witcher 2 is at its heart, which is an RPG with a strong focus on an intriguing and expanded story. It's important that we make this as clear as possible because, in our opinion, that will be one of the game's strongest points.

GS: CD Projekt RED seems to believe very strongly in improving its game products. For instance, the Enhanced Edition of the original game added numerous improvements to the base game. What are some additional areas that you're looking to improve in the upcoming sequel?

AB:We believe that we can always improve our products, bringing them closer to the best we can achieve. Even though we have released improvements like the Enhanced Edition, we will still be aiming to make The Witcher 2 as good as possible at release. That's why we've decided to use completely new technology and to redesign many of the game's features.

We cannot talk about many of the new features yet because it's still much too early, but I can say that the new technology will really stand out. We've built a brand new engine for The Witcher 2, with lots of amazing new visual effects--improved day and night cycles, a new dynamic camera, and much more--to present even more impressive graphics. We are also improving a number of gameplay elements, making combat even more exciting and helping players become even more immersed in the gameworld.

GS: What can you tell us about the story in The Witcher 2? Will Geralt still be the main character throughout the entire game or will there be other new characters taking the lead as well?

AB: Geralt will certainly be in the game, as we've all seen. I must admit we plan to build the story of The Witcher 2 around Geralt, but it's too early to reveal any more details.

GS: There were some very interesting and very adult story themes in the original game--betrayal, sexuality, and bigotry. Will these themes be expanded in the sequel? What other themes with the sequel explore?

AB: We want The Witcher 2 to be even more mature, so we'll be placing a lot of focus on the design of the story. Gamers will face a very real and brutal world. The way in which we explore sexuality will be greatly improved, and we'll be putting a lot of work into showing the erotic dimension of life in a more natural way, rather than as a sort of minigame. We'll be using cinematic means to flesh out characters, who will differ from each other as they would in real life. These differences will come through in their behavior, their attitude toward Geralt, and how they react to the world.

Once again, the game won't offer any choices between good and evil. Rather, it will force you to decide what is important to you and whom can you trust. Many times you'll be left with real doubts about the choices you've made because the consequences of your decisions will be unpredictable.

GS: Many fans enjoyed the unusual three-style combat system from The Witcher. Will this system return in the sequel? What changes and improvements will be added?

AB:We're perfectly aware of all the strengths and weaknesses of the combat system we created for [the first game]. Our goal is to eliminate all the glitches and to develop solutions that will make combat more dynamic and bloody, extending players' control over Geralt's moves in battle.

GS: We recall that in the original game, alchemy was a significant part of gameplay and Geralt could craft powerful potions, but failed potion brews could actually poison him. Will alchemy return in The Witcher 2? How will it be different and better?

AB: Our approach to alchemy will be very similar to what we aim to do with the combat system. We're intent on improving and redesigning any features that players found less "usable." In general, usability will be our main concern as we develop the alchemy system for The Witcher 2.

GS: The original Witcher was built on BioWare's Aurora engine, and you mentioned that you will not be returning to this technology for the sequel. Can you elaborate on the tech that will power The Witcher 2?

AB: The Witcher 2 will not be built on the Aurora engine. We've developed our own cutting-edge technology, designed and created specifically for RPGs. We decided to do that because we wanted to implement all our ideas without facing all the obstacles we might encounter if we built the game on an existing technology. The leaked movie merely shows some of the improvements we'll be introducing, but there'll be many more in the future. Remember, the video is six months old! The comments we've received from fans are very positive, but we still have so much to surprise you with!

GS: Finally, is there anything else you'd like to add about The Witcher 2?

AB:Given the enormous amount of feedback we got from fans and the media after the leak, we realized just how big the expectations are and how many people have been waiting for this game to be announced. We're going through and summarizing all the comments that have been posted about the video on various Web sites, and we'll be comparing them against all the ideas we have for the game. As always, we're taking our fans' opinions to heart, and I can say we already know some of them will affect the game's development. I can assure everyone that we'll be putting every effort into making this game a truly outstanding RPG experience. People can keep up on game announcements at our official Web site.

I'd like to add one more important thing: We are planning to release The Witcher 2 for consoles; however, more detailed information will become available after the game is officially announced.

GS: Interesting. Thanks, Adam.

It didn't really convey what The Witcher 2 is at its heart, which is an RPG with a strong focus on an intriguing and expanded story. It's important that we make this as clear as possible because, in our opinion, that will be one of the game's strongest points.

LOL, you dont have to be so nervous Adam. I (and a lot other people) were sold on the first video itself. :samui:

Edit I love this bit.

Given the enormous amount of feedback we got from fans and the media after the leak, we realized just how big the expectations are and how many people have been waiting for this game to be announced. We're going through and summarizing all the comments that have been posted about the video on various Web sites, and we'll be comparing them against all the ideas we have for the game. As always, we're taking our fans' opinions to heart, and I can say we already know some of them will affect the game's development. I can assure everyone that we'll be putting every effort into making this game a truly outstanding RPG experience. People can keep up on game announcements at our official Web site.

More developers need to be community focused. Bungie, Valve, Bioware etc all listen to their fans and consistently put out great stuff.

OMG Witcher 2 :samui:

Witcher 1 on PC was one the best RPG's I have ever played , awesome gameplay and great story along with the setting of the game and the stunning background music , I have the complete OST of Witcher , it f**king rocks. :cry:

Archived