The Android Thread

pArth

No I feel a bit disappointed. All I wanted to do was to show the speed of 3G, and whether anyone denies it or not, everyone uses torrents in india.

I thought as far as the laws of the land go, there should not be a link to a torrent, a suggestion to download a torrent. I did neither.

From the screenshot I was not suggesting to anyone about the torrent.

And you guys may say that torrents are used for only illegal stuff or as someone put it, RARE legal stuff. I agree to disagree. Several open source sites which have huge files have links to torrents. Ubuntu has links to torrents.

Custom roms, have links to torrents. Humble Bundle provided links to torrents for the Alan Wake download. How can I be held responsible if people go out of their way to raise a beacon about my screenshot? Do I have to mask my IP from next time?

Lets be clear. Would you give me a warning when i like to a torrent client download as well?

On the football thread worse is done. People say link me to the full match video etc, which is essentially piracy.

/rant over

Edited by Wolfy

No I feel a bit disappointed. All I wanted to do was to show the speed of 3G, and whether anyone denies it or not, everyone uses torrents in india.

I thought as far as the laws of the land go, there should not be a link to a torrent, a suggestion to download a torrent. I did neither.

From the screenshot I was not suggesting to anyone about the torrent.

And you guys may say that torrents are used for only illegal stuff or as someone put it, RARE legal stuff. I agree to disagree. Several open source sites which have huge files have links to torrents. Ubuntu has links to torrents.

Custom roms, have links to torrents. Humble Bundle provided links to torrents for the Alan Wake download. How can I be held responsible if people go out of their way to raise a beacon about my screenshot? Do I have to mask my IP from next time?

Lets be clear. Would you give me a warning when i like to a torrent client download as well?

On the football thread worse is done. People say link me to the full match video etc, which is essentially piracy.

/rant over

Pitch blease, calm down. As a man said, this ain't TBHP.

Oh and by the way, it was the MD5 that was sniffed out. As for punishment, this one time Hope put up links to MP3 of Jab Tak Hai Jaan. He was banned for two weeks, and that's that. I found it more ironic that a die hard fan of SRK would pirate instead of purchasing, but that's a different discussion.

So as I said, chill.

relax bharat, the torrent rule is a blanket rule, going about what is right or what is wrong makes it very difficult. Proividing links is an insta suspension, you just posted some news about an app which is directly related to torrent downloading, which is not allowed. BTW Your warn count is not increased, it is just a verbal warning.

relax bharat, the torrent rule is a blanket rule, going about what is right or what is wrong makes it very difficult. Proividing links is an insta suspension, you just posted some news about an app which is directly related to torrent downloading, which is not allowed. BTW Your warn count is not increased, it is just a verbal warning.

What's new in Whitefield nowadays, Aman ji?

And you didn't tell me? :ranting:

Why do you have a &nbsp in your posts all the time. I know it's HTML coding, but why only for you?

Proxy at work, can't even call it stupid as it allows me to browse from work.

Ya come over we will throw some water ballons on everyone who buys a Samsung phone :P

Wolfy serious ho gaya xD , bhai I don't have access to your IP that would be breach of privacy on the websites part , I don't have access to what IPs are connected to the tracker either , that would make it too easy for law agencies to hunt down pirates .

I just googled the size of your file followed by the said websites name , the 2nd or 3rd result was your OST and I matched the seeder/Leacher count and number of files :P Easy peasy , chill the f**k out man .

Aman bhai shouldn't there be a count down for warnings ? I have 2 but I got them 2 or 3 years back , I think perma ban is 3 right ? So for mistakes I made so long ago , I can still get perma banned ?

I think warnings should expire after a year or something .

Planned strike against Samsung for design change :P

Good luck with that. I think same team designed the XBone.

Wolfy serious ho gaya xD , bhai I don't have access to your IP that would be breach of privacy on the websites part , I don't have access to what IPs are connected to the tracker either , that would make it too easy for law agencies to hunt down pirates .

I just googled the size of your file followed by the said websites name , the 2nd or 3rd result was your OST and I matched the seeder/Leacher count and number of files :P Easy peasy , chill the f**k out man .

And here I was, noting down the mighty MD5 and googling that. Ye jo tumhari "rum and coke" wali generation hai na...

Aman bhai shouldn't there be a count down for warnings ? I have 2 but I got them 2 or 3 years back , I think perma ban is 3 right ? So for mistakes I made so long ago , I can still get perma banned ?

I think warnings should expire after a year or something .

Perma ban is after 5, count down warning sounds like a good idea, will propose to Sam.

Other then that you stop being a samsung fanboy and as a good will gesture i will reduce one from your profile :P

Perma ban is after 5, count down warning sounds like a good idea, will propose to Sam.

Other then that you stop being a samsung fanboy and as a good will gesture i will reduce one from your profile :P

On a more serious note. You should have expiring warnings with max limit of 3 and you guys should also be a wee bit more liberal with temp bans...

I have a warn level of 1 for posting an image over the regular size, that too only once by mistake, BC uske baad saale MT ki shaadi ho gayi aur ab wo kuch bhi nhn karta, mujhe warn karke aish kar raha hai <_<

On a more serious note. You should have expiring warnings with max limit of 3 and you guys should also be a wee bit more liberal with temp bans...

You mean hand them out more often, right?

more liberal :wacko: