Marriage and Gaming : I do?

piper

Finally.......:gunsmilie: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IVG ID : Angy

Gaming stuff I own : PS3

Married since : December, 2011

1. How does your spouse feel about your gaming time? - She hates it!!!!! She calls it her 'Sautan' (Co-Wife) :giggle:!! But I played it smart....I led her to buy it herself for me on my birthday, so now everytime she cribs about it......I point towards that birthday card she gave me with the ps3 that says "Enjoy this a**hole" ;).

2. Does she think those gaming figurines would come in handy for the kids to play with? - No!!! All she can think of the cute clothes that our kids would wear :doh:

3. And the money spent on this passion, how does she feel about it? - She does point out time and again that its an expensive passion to have, but has not yet complained much abt it

Megz questions v1 :

4. Do you encourage your wife to play some videogames with you? - Yes...all the time. I even let her win most of the time to encourage her!!

5. Would you be happy, surprised, thrilled or scared if your wife also became a member of IVG? - Scared....this is my personal space

6. Do you encourage your wife or share her passions say may be, Saas-Bahu serial, Or Romantic YRF movie Or Cricket, Or Bhartnatyam Dance Show etc..? - I never crib about it but I cant really watch the saas-bahu stuff much, while she doesnt like watching sports on tv....so mutually we switch the channel to something we both enjoy. Its good that we both love watching lots of other stuff like reality shows, TV shows etc. Its just sports and serials that we kind of avaoid when together though its a rule we sometimes break as well!

7. How many hours in a week you devote to your Gaming? - Its a mixed bag. Sometimes its 20-30, while at other times its 0!! Gaming is just a hobby for me that I use to relax myself....its not my life (if u know what im saying). I actually enjoy the awesome time I have with my pals in MP sessions more than the actual game.

Megz questions v2 :

9. If you want one game to see your wife beat you in..Which one will that be? - any First Person Shooter game

10. What changes after marriage?? As in, Me time, utilization of me time, you as a person - Way too less of 'Me Time'. Its good that my inlaws are in Delhi only though....that would help :devil:!!

11. Would you like your kid(s) to be an avid gamer(s)? - ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!

12. Have you ever planned a surprise gift/ party/ outing for your better half?? - We do that atleast twice in a year....we both love to give good surprises to each other!!!

Phew....whats Megz??? : :threatenlumber:

That's cute.. even I gifted my :kisstogether: a Wii 3DS this birthday..Not to mention I loved playing Mario Kart on it myself. I like that Gaming is hobby with you and you know how to balance your passion with the loved ones in your life.. Keep it up and Bhabhiji ko Namaste..

And What's Megz means what?? Megz is the one you PM and compliment.. :notangel:

In ancient greek philosophy, it means Troll-Monster.

:chair:

That's cute.. even I gifted my :kisstogether: a Wii 3DS this birthday..Not to mention I loved playing Mario Kart on it myself. I like that Gaming is hobby with you and you know how to balance your passion with the loved ones in your life.. Keep it up and Bhabhiji ko Namaste..

And What's Megz means what?? Megz is the one you PM and compliment.. :notangel:

:chair:

Wii 3ds? Lmao

Hey....all of us posting on this thread....why not post a picture from our marriage album :naughty:....

Congrats on getting married, dude!

Megz ke questions are in OP as she is the resident relationship adviser aka Agony Aunt.

And good idea on the marriage pics, although if you mention it to your spouse then be prepared for hours upon hours of her going through all the pics to find the photo in which she looks just right :roflroll: .

Congrats on getting married, dude!

Thanks bro :cheers:

although if you mention it to your spouse then be prepared for hours upon hours of her going through all the pics to find the photo in which she looks just right :roflroll:

+1000000000 on that!!!!! :fear:

Yay!! bring on the marriage pics..

And also do share one hilarious/embarrassing incident during wedding ceremony.. if that happened.

I have attended wedding and I almost always giggle on how confused the Dulha Dulhan look when Pandit's asked them to do pooja..If they were asked to to sit-ups I am sure poor things would do even that to get married.. :roflroll: Also, this other wedding where my friend was getting married in a Church and he screwed up the vows part..said all ulta -pulta.. good fun!

Yay!! bring on the marriage pics..

And also do share one hilarious/embarrassing incident during wedding ceremony.. if that happened.

I have attended wedding and I almost always giggle on how confused the Dulha Dulhan look when Pandit's asked them to do pooja..If they were asked to to sit-ups I am sure poor things would do even that to get married.. :roflroll: Also, this other wedding where my friend was getting married in a Church and he screwed up the vows part..said all ulta -pulta.. good fun!

Incident : There is a custom of gifting a ring to the bride's sister by the groom. After the whole ceremony was done, lunch had and time for doli/bidai, the ring was thrust into my hand to give to my sis-in-law. The moment I chose was when we sat in the car and my sis-in-law leaned in to bid an emotional farewell to her sister. So there they were, all emotional and weeping (khushi ke aasoon) and I'm all smiling, "This ring is for you, congrats!"

We still laugh on recalling that moment.

Incident : There is a custom of gifting a ring to the bride's sister by the groom. After the whole ceremony was done, lunch had and time for doli/bidai, the ring was thrust into my hand to give to my sis-in-law. The moment I chose was when we sat in the car and my sis-in-law leaned in to bid an emotional farewell to her sister. So there they were, all emotional and weeping (khushi ke aasoon) and I'm all smiling, "This ring is for you, congrats!"

We still laugh on recalling that moment.

That's some timing!!

I once attended my friend's wedding during Vidai..I was crying more than the bride.. People stated looking at me.. It was embarrassing but I just could bot hold my tears..

Made it a point to never stay till Vidai at any weddings.. Uff!

^The whole crying of bride when she leaves her parent's house/marriage hall and bids :sadbye: to them.

But she gets to go back right the next week, and whenever she wants to, isn't it? :ack:

Why the dramaqueen stuff then :P

I mean, I wouldn't cry if I was asked to stay away from my parents.....Infact.....oh wait......

But she gets to go back right the next week, and whenever she wants to, isn't it?

Why the dramaqueen stuff then

I guess the reason for crying is more because they will be living with some unknown family for rest of their life as against leaving their family altogether.