The Football Thread

Xeno

All i'm saying is that most Milan fans don't even care about Inzaghi or Gattuso retiring anymore. They are very sad about Nesta retiring but most of them feel Gattuso and Inzaghi should have retired 2-3 years back when they were a regular in the team, instead of retiring now without hardly participating in the last 2 seasons. Their era ended quite a while back and most feel that they should have retired back then instead of staying with the squad without hardly playing any matches.

Edited by Avishkar

@Rad: If you watched Inzaghi in the Coppa Italia semi-finals against Juventus (2nd leg), you would know what I mean :)

It is the End Of An Era

Nesta -The Best Defender I have seen

Inzagi-Born offside,hate the guy for the 2 goals against us

Gattuso- "Rino Gattuso is as scary as kitten"

:giggle:

Edited by Avishkar

All i'm saying is that most Milan fans don't even care about Inzaghi or Gattuso retiring anymore. They are very sad about Nesta retiring but most of them feel Gattuso and Inzaghi should have retired 2-3 years back when they were a regular in the team, instead of retiring now without hardly participating in the last 2 seasons. Their era ended quite a while back and most feel that they should have retired back then instead of staying with the squad without hardly playing any matches.

@Rad: If you watched Inzaghi in the Coppa Italia semi-finals against Juventus (2nd leg), you would know what I mean :)

So by your logic, if giggsy who hasn't been great this season or Carragher who has been nothing for this season and the last retire at the end of this season or even the next, it won't be the end of an era.

It doesn't matter when the legends retire, but when they do retire it IS the end of an era.

If any Milan fan says that he doesn't feel even a little bit sad or just doesn't care about gattuso or inzaghi retiring then he really isn't a true fan.

So by your logic, if giggsy who hasn't been great this season or Carragher who has been nothing for this season and the last retire at the end of this season or even the next, it won't be the end of an era.

It doesn't matter when the legends retire, but when they do retire it IS the end of an era.

If any Milan fan says that he doesn't feel even a little bit sad or just doesn't care about gattuso or inzaghi retiring then he really isn't a true fan.

Where did I write that Milan fans are not at all sad about Gattuso or Inzaghi retiring? I just mentioned that they are very sad that Nesta is retiring but not that much about Inzaghi or Gattuso. As for the Giggs and Carragher argument...

If Carra or Giggs do not contribute much in 1 season and then retire, then it would definitely be an end of an era. What I am saying is that if Carra and Giggs haven't done anything for more than 3 seasons and are just sitting on the bench, then it is evident that their era has already ended. Fans will definitely be sad when they finally hang their boots but not as much as they would if they retired after just 1 average season.

True Milan fans and even normal ones feel that Inzaghi or Gattuso were not good enough for their team from 2008-09 onwards and now their sentiments towards these players have become diminished since they have hardly played a string of games in the past 2-3 seasons.

If Maldini hadn't played the majority of his career as a LB, then I would have perhaps mentioned his name. But yeah, it is very tough to think of someone that has been so consistent for such a long time. Winning the Serie A title with Lazio has to be one of his biggest accomplishments.

Btw,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHqzW7GTmcI

:rofl: