:rofl:

EA won't turn Mirror's Edge into a shooter - but it has vowed to create a "very different" experience compared to the original with the just-announced game.

As expected, during its press conference EA announced a new Mirror's Edge game - not called Mirror's Edge 2 - that's a reboot of sorts. It tells the origin story of Parkour expert Faith and is set for release on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

EA Games Label boss Patrick Söderlund, who gave the game the go-ahead, declined to go into specifics about the gameplay we'll see in the new Mirror's Edge in an interview with Eurogamer, but did encourage fans to get excited.

"I can tell you one thing," he said. "It's a very different Mirror's Edge experience than the first game.

Söderlund promised developer DICE won't turn Mirror's Edge into a shooter, but did confirm that Faith will be a more powerful character than she was in the first game.

"The first game was a lot about running away from things. And, even though you want to have sections with that, you also want Faith... she's a powerful character and you want her to take control. You'll see a little bit more of that in this game."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-12-open-world-mirrors-edge-isnt-a-shooter-but-its-very-different-compared-to-the-original-ea-says

As I said, expect guns, lots of guns. Also some one change topic title to Mirror's Edge. It is not a sequel.

They might give her light weapons like knives and blades.

Honestly,even guns are fine as long as they manage to fit into the fast paced nature of the game. As long as that momentum is not stopped, anything is fine by me.

They are not planning to make it FPS! Shooting will remain optional.

Söderlund promised developer DICE won't turn Mirror's Edge into a shooter, but did confirm that Faith will be a more powerful character than she was in the first game.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the time is right now because we’ve got a creative idea,” Gibeau told IGN. “We have a great story planned. With all the gen 4 technology, we can re-create that magic of running across rooftops and experiencing a city from a different point of view through the character of Faith. Performance, animation, all those technologies that are now in gen 4, that extra computing power is going to be able to take Mirror’s Edge to the next level. We’ve always been thinking about it, but a bunch of things came together – the right story, the right leadership team, and the right capabilities from this new hardware – that got us to commit and go for it.”

Gibeau also believes that since the new game is an origin story it will pull in fans who haven’t played the original Mirror’s Edge.

Gibeau wouldn’t say anything about gameplay details, simply telling us “I’ll leave that to the team to clarify and elaborate. It’s an action game, and we’re looking at how you make a gen 4 action game feel alive and big and epic. Those are different things that we’re looking at.”

EA <3

Via: IGN

:dance:

• 2 months later...

Awesome Way to close E3 with This Teaser, There were so many fans who were hoping to see Faith's Return, Glad its happening and thanks a Ton to DICE & EA.

Thought not impressed by the original in 2008, It still took a brave step in new gameplay & art direction. Gotta give that.

Archived