Credit Card Dilemma

DinJo

Have been looking to get credit card , i always use to rely on debit card but some only purchases require credit card

How are these , they say no fees for lifetime without any swipe

http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/Cards/Credit_Cards/Platinum_Plus_Credit_Card/platinumplus.htm

http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/Cards/Credit_Cards/Visa_Signature_Credit_Card/cc_visa_sign.htm

And which one is better Master or Visa?

lol, dude contact the bank where you have your salary account, they would run after you to give you one, your company is one of the A listed companies :P

Also you cannot really say which is better from Master or Visa, they both work everywhere, they both have deals going for them.

I think the bank will give you the best they can according to your salary.

dinesh :chair:

yeh umar mein bhi cc nahi?? :doh:

chalo koi nahi... as others have suggested start off with a "free" card. You'll anyways be given peanuts as far as credit limit goes since this will be your very first card. Down the line once you get accustomed to using it, i would suggest pick up Citi Titanium card. It has an annual fee of 500 bucks.... and every point that you earn on it is equivalent to 1 rupee. So every 3-6 months, you can simply redeem your points at say Shopper's Stop and upgrade your wardrobe at "no expense"

HDFC & Citi both are offering any card i want without any fees.Not sure which one to pick , banks has no issues in giving me higher credit limit.

Yeah HDFC and citi do give out the titanium cards for free to sign up new customers. Just pick one. Make sure though there's no annual fee after the first year.

dinesh :chair:

yeh umar mein bhi cc nahi?? :doh:

chalo koi nahi... as others have suggested start off with a "free" card. You'll anyways be given peanuts as far as credit limit goes since this will be your very first card. Down the line once you get accustomed to using it, i would suggest pick up Citi Titanium card. It has an annual fee of 500 bucks.... and every point that you earn on it is equivalent to 1 rupee. So every 3-6 months, you can simply redeem your points at say Shopper's Stop and upgrade your wardrobe at "no expense"

Really? I have just the platinum one for free, and it has the same value per point. :O BTW, how much points do you get for every 100bucks spent?

For online transactions via paypal if you want to purchase lets say a book from ebay or amazon , i find VISA much better than Mastercard , but then again your transactions happen via paypal & it accepts mastercard , so both are good

Been enjoying my working life without a CC for a long time now but work demands I get one, because the corporate card isnt accepted at all places. Its a lot easier to keep track of, as well. So am considering to get one where my salary account is. Any idea which is the best card in terms of rewards and points?

Archived