The Android Thread

pArth

even i am tempted to order the Dev edition from US, need to check if any friend is coming back soon.

@Nemo: HTC screws up pricing in India, it is coming 1st week of May and 16 gb Will be 40K+, while in US you are getting 64 GB for 36k

Done Ordering, I leave NYC on the 20th, Hopefully it comes by then or else mom leaves on 24th and if it still does not arrive then that is some bloody bad luck!

Nice! Lots of HTC One love here. Already 3 preorders :)

So HTC had the lowest profit numbers this quarter since like, forever. As much as I like their industrial design, their ignorant customer care and f**k off attitude towards developer community is a huge turn-off. And pretty sure a single phone is not gonna turn the company 180 degrees. So long HTC :wave:

^^ Precisely why i am asking about all the love being shown here.

Mostly the stories been horrible regarding the after sales. I have stopped recommending the phones to people absolutely.

And then the recent news about shunning the dev community was like the last nail to enlist them just below Apple in the hate list.

Pity though.. HTC phones do look classy.. sigh.

Rooting is a lil diff as compared to samsung but not difficult at all.

Err.. diff is difficult right? Or Different ? :P

diff i would say, need to get the unlock dev key form HTC dev site, for flashing rom you have to flash the kernel first and then the rom. In samsung you just flash the zip file, so two steps.

As for after sales maybe HTC have a bad service, but luckily i never needed to take the phone to service centre, they were pretty robust.

Had to take samsung note because of charging point issue and they kept the phone for a week to change that part(they said they would have done it earlier, but they did not have the part), well that is said all the time. Even Alekh phone was gone for a long time and had to be taken thrice to service centre, so samsung does not seem too good either.

As a matter of after sales is pretty bad be it any company, apple wants you to buy a new phone, samsung keeps the phone for a week to replace charging port, sony and htc have very few service centre. Bad state.

It looks so pretty. that is all.

most people (me included) dont care nerd dimensions and will pick the one (pun unintended) that looks more beautiful. Same reason apple sells, specially in india. you dont fall in love with the specs at the first sight, more so when the difference in power is bare minimum at macro level.

htc one (and before i knew about it, xperia z) look just so premium and desirable.

• Like 1

I need some help with deciding on the phone to get for college (15 K range) .I want an android phone and brand does not matter. However till now I have short listed

HTC One V

HTC Desire X

I am not that sure about Samsung's line up. Someone help please ..

Edited by Vip3r

diff i would say, need to get the unlock dev key form HTC dev site, for flashing rom you have to flash the kernel first and then the rom. In samsung you just flash the zip file, so two steps.

As for after sales maybe HTC have a bad service, but luckily i never needed to take the phone to service centre, they were pretty robust.

Had to take samsung note because of charging point issue and they kept the phone for a week to change that part(they said they would have done it earlier, but they did not have the part), well that is said all the time. Even Alekh phone was gone for a long time and had to be taken thrice to service centre, so samsung does not seem too good either.

As a matter of after sales is pretty bad be it any company, apple wants you to buy a new phone, samsung keeps the phone for a week to replace charging port, sony and htc have very few service centre. Bad state.

Yes, I had to take it to the SC, but because of Sammy's stupid brick bug in their official ROM. And the 2nd SC which I visited changed my Mobo in a day ! I actually never expected that.