Street Fighter X Tekken

Shadoken

Its gonna be hell lot of fun kickin Street fighter asses with Tekken players :devil: (I'm on the Tekken side :P since I hate Ryu & his bloody projectile Hadoken but I like Akuma)

Devil Jin vs. Evil Ryu

Kazuya vs. Akuma

Devil Kazuya vs. Shin Akuma :devil:

Mokujin vs. Seth (Since Both of them are always mimicking different character's movelist)

Heihachi vs. Gouken

BTW that Yoshimitsu picture ^^ is from Soulcalibur 3 (Big Fan of Soul series :bigyellowgrin: played every single game in the franchise except Soulcalibur: Legends)

:scratchchin: why not include Soulcalibur characters, especially the female characters r so hot

Uh not really...a lot of it is just co-incidence.

The fact is that they try to have a character for each style of martial art and when you do that you end up making similar kind of characters.

Also Steve Fox has more in common with Balrog than Dudley.

What praveer said is true but .... Look at a game like KOF ,Guilty Gear and Blazblue... do you see any similarities in character design? not really ... ofc Kof does has some intentional spoofs like Ryo but over all game is different...

But still cant be helped.. they are both martial arts based games.. you NEED a bruce lee ripoff and a sumo and sh*t... Is there any Karate dude in tekken ??. like ryu??

It sure is a treat to fans but its confusing from gamplay perspective....one's 2D fighting with projectiles and zoning while other's a 3D fighter with completely hand to hand combat.

Street Fighter x Tekken is basically going to be like SF4/SSF4 with Tekken characters, while Tekken x Street Fighter is going to be the opposite.

Uh not really...a lot of it is just co-incidence.

The fact is that they try to have a character for each style of martial art and when you do that you end up making similar kind of characters.

Also Steve Fox has more in common with Balrog than Dudley.

i still do not get why they have to look similar, i mean Ken, Ryu, Akuma are all shotokens, but they at least look different,

there is no reason why the looks have to be same, clothing yes, hairdo, face ... no way <_<

They could have used the same name too for Law and Fei. :lol:

and yea how will this make sense? i mean in SF we can use all those Fireballs and stuffs right? so wont it be advantage over tekken characters?

There are many Characters in Street fighter itself who done use Fireballs(almost 80% dont have) ... am guessing they gonna give Tekken Characters many ways to get around fireballs.... In the video it self u can see Kazuya evading ryus fireball and smacking him the face...

Its like GTA meets Assassins Creed. :P

Even that might happen .. you never know :P ... who would have thought a game like this will come like say 10 years back...

i still do not get why they have to look similar, i mean Ken, Ryu, Akuma are all shotokens, but they at least look different,

there is no reason why the looks have to be same, clothing yes, hairdo, face ... no way <_<

The only ones who look the same are Fei Long-Law and Ganryu-Honda, I can't see where you find the similarity in faces for others.

A Boxer will naturally wear a boxing glove, a Sumo wrestler means he'll be just like any other sumo wrestler ie. big and fat. Fei Long and Law...well both are obviously a homage to Bruce Lee. Like Tekken has Lei who is a homage to Jackie Chan (Lei is a Hong Kong Police officer and uses Druken Fist as one of his style). As for Rufus-Bob, its like how Dan is a parody of Ryo from SNK's Art of Fighting...Rufus is similar to Bob, but they both have an entirely different style of fighting.

There are many Characters in Street fighter itself who done use Fireballs(almost 80% dont have) ... am guessing they gonna give Tekken Characters many ways to get around fireballs.... In the video it self u can see Kazuya evading ryus fireball and smacking him the face...

Dude...I know.

Beside lol 80% don't have Fireball or some kind of projectile in SF ? :rofl:

The non projectile characters atleast have some or other way to avoid getting hit by one cause the game is built around that, as you already know.

In Tekken its totally different. Its obvious that in SFxTekken the Tekken characters will play like other SF characters instead of how they work in Tekken.

What praveer said is true but .... Look at a game like KOF ,Guilty Gear and Blazblue... do you see any similarities in character design? not really ... ofc Kof does has some intentional spoofs like Ryo but over all game is different...

dude u r forgetting Terry Bogard, he is most popular SNK character & international too :bigyellowgrin: , infact the face of SNK (not Kyo, Iori or Ryo) the legendary wild wolf of south-town.

Love all the Fatal Fury games (still play on my Neo-Geo emulator :P). PS2 mein Capcom vs. SNK 2 dabake khela tha :devil:

but KOF XII :( was a big disappointment as the moves were not good & kyo's moves were KOF 94 type & the character roster was very less, Iori had no Flame power(nw that was a big blunder) only graphics were good.

:cry: Infact first KOF game without a boss, no Rugal, Zero, Goenitz, Krizalid, Igniz, Orochi etc.

I hope they release Capcom vs. SNK 3 :first:

I dont see how they can create a true balance here when the game uses the SF engine nor can I see a true balance with the Tekken engine either. Plus, how on earth are you going to incorporate a hadoken into the Tekken engine and how do you even make it relevant with the side-stepping? That leaves you open for all sorts of space-movement when someone throws one. Creating evasion is nice and all but creating balance is what will make more people adopt new characters and not stick to their favorites.

Oh and as for the projectile conversation, try playing Fei for a long time and see the amount of online fights you "win" because the other person has no idea how to deal with the quick pressure and the counter-air strikes you have at your disposal. I would say having a hadoken really doesn't help much there unless you have a fast recovery like Guile[just one of many]. That is of course if you come up against a skilled Fei player because those guys just wait for corner opportunities and then let you trip up.

I guess they'll do it like Mortal Kombat, make projectiles very fast and fairly damaging with good amount of stun, but also avoidable and blockable...they don't necessarily have to have Street Fighter's zoning game in the Tekken x SF , so you won't see people using projectiles very often. Oh btw....Tekken 6 had projectiles (in a way).

I think its a bit unfair to have projectiles in an open-space game environment because even if you make them fast you still have to find a way to neatly incorporate the amount of space, distance and time your opponent has to be able to find the balance between saying oops and saying I threw a projectile to bring you in and place you where I need to put you so that I can make you pay. I havent played a Tekken game in a long long time. The last one I played was on my PSOne after my original PS bit the dust

u mean Devil Jin & Azazel's Laser, yeah I think the SF projectile can fit into Tekken 6 Engine :good:

btw Kazuya's laser was also cool, with Neo glasses

And weapons/Guns...which everyone could use.

Archived