PS3 Download Problems

Pulakit

To all troubled PSN downloaders,

PSN was troubling me for the past few days while trying to download Infamous2: Festival of Blood.

I purchased it 3 days back and whenever I download, it completes about 80% (roughly 3GB) and throws an error :ranting:

Don't remember the error code.

Anyway, I tried proxy settings - didn't work <_<

Download Managers - didn't work <_<

If you guys have a similar problem you can try this - it worked for me.

Have a rough idea at what percent the download stops. There is probably some ISP related error - like a timeout or something - I don't know.

Mine stopped at 79%

So, i started download in background, went to network -> Download Management.

Pause at around 55%

Shut down PS3, Reset Modem. After modem sync, restart PS3, resume download.

This can be done multiple times, I did this pause and resume around 6 times for borderlands.

Voila... no ISP timeouts this time and a successful install :thumbsup:

Note: Firmware fully updated. Network Airtel 4 Mbps (maybe this solution doesn't work on different networks - i just don't know).

PS: You can try wired or wireless, doesn't matter

• 4 months later...

Well whenevr i download demo from PS Store it resumes when elctricity goes.. but after compltng the download it shows corruptd data :( help pls helpsmilie.gifhelpsmilie.gif

get ups with built in voltage stabilizer

ups can give u 10 to 15 mins back up to shut down. there is no other option

if ps3 shuts down abruptly then it will corrupt

U can manually pause the dl and resume it any no of times u want..

If ur net stops working or if the power goes out then u have a risk of downloads getting curropted..

Proxy is the best method..I have been facing problems from a long time..Except proxy u don have any other safe options..

what is the procedure of using ps3 proxy??

Here you go

@Mods, I am not sure whether that link is inappropriate according to forum rules. If it is then please remove it.

Here is a good guide: http://archive.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=115651&cat_id=899

@Raven, I am not sure whether that link is allowed, as there are various links related to CFW on that site.

Thanx for ur help. Will try it later, hope it will work for me as well. :clapping:

• 2 months later...

I have a little query regarding proxy server...

I currently use a bridge connection to connect to bsnl broadband. So, I can't connect more that two devices at once. Now, if I follow the method to route ps3 download requests to pc, I belive I won't be able to connect to internet on the ps3. So, here is my question- how do I get my ps3 to request those download links if I can't login to psn?

Archived