PS3 FAQ

CarbonCore

Thanks a a lot man.....BTW, is it possible to stop my DS3 from charging when I connect it to the PC? :huh:

Until it's fully charged u can't stop,after it's fully charged it stops charging...your question didn't make sense please explain u don't want it to charge

Why ?

Until it's fully charged u can't stop,after it's fully charged it stops charging...your question didn't make sense please explain u don't want it to charge

The thing is, with any battery operated device, it is best to completely deplete battery charge off the device before recharging it again. It's the best known way to improve battery life of the product. I didn't want it charge when connected to the pc with xx% of battery charge still left unused.

On linux you can (with a custom driver). No idea about windows.

I'm not planning to use it on Linux. But I found a lot of custom drivers for windows. Most of them look like shady softwares to me :fear:

this site has all kinds of ps3 controllers to windows stuff going on... inlcuding the kb and move

motioninjoy

Thanks bro.....will see if I can find my catch there :good:

EDIT:

Guys, there's also one more thing. I haven't got a mic for the PS3 yet. I saw in another thread how to connect normal Headphones/mic using a dongle. But do normal (generic) USB headsets/mics work with the PS3 USB port?

Guys, there's also one more thing. I haven't got a mic for the PS3 yet. I saw in another thread how to connect normal Headphones/mic using a dongle. But do normal (generic) USB headsets/mics work with the PS3 USB port?

yes any USB headphone should work / used to work .. i dunno if they work after the USB locking after the USB JB came out ..

yes any USB headphone should work / used to work .. i dunno if they work after the USB locking after the USB JB came out ..

Damn....Can anyone confirm if it works or not?

I don't want to waste money on new headphones to find out that they don't work :/

P.S. Same goes for Blutooth devices, isn't it?

People are still using 3rd party blutooth headsets.

I don't want to waste money on new headphones to find out that they don't work :/

sonys cool with Bluetooth headsets !

DA, I guess django used to use the USB headset, I guess it did work, but I would recommend bluetooth headsets, I use the official sony one and its a delight, I guess its for 1.5k or smthn but in anycase you can go for jabra, nokia headsets as well ( no idea how mch they cost but AFAIK its within 1.2k IIRC ) plus if you can save up some dough, the CP Pro gaming headsets are a delight, you get ingame sound + voice transmission via connecting it to the usb port, so its a good deal as well also beech take this

:ha:

DA, I guess django used to use the USB headset, I guess it did work, but I would recommend bluetooth headsets, I use the official sony one and its a delight, I guess its for 1.5k or smthn but in anycase you can go for jabra, nokia headsets as well ( no idea how mch they cost but AFAIK its within 1.2k IIRC ) plus if you can save up some dough, the CP Pro gaming headsets are a delight, you get ingame sound + voice transmission via connecting it to the usb port, so its a good deal as well also beech take this

:ha:

I've ruled out blutooth headphones as a whole bro. The thing is, even after paying that much, we still have to charge it. I'm too lazy when it comes to charging stuff......that's the reason my 360 controllers are wired :P

Since, a normal USB headphone should work, I'm preferring that over the blutooth ones. I just need to confirm if anyone in IVG is able to use in now

I've ruled out blutooth headphones as a whole bro. The thing is, even after paying that much, we still have to charge it. I'm too lazy when it comes to charging stuff......that's the reason my 360 controllers are wired :P

Since, a normal USB headphone should work, I'm preferring that over the blutooth ones. I just need to confirm if anyone in IVG is able to use in now

Lazy beech :chair: :chair:

many ivgians like SA,noctis,etc etc use the wired headset bro....the voice clarity is pretty decent....u can ask them for queries if u have any

i personally prefer a bluetooth headset cos i can sit a distance from the screen,but then again i haven't used a wired headset for the ps3....so i can't judge b/w the two in terms of clarity

Archived