Banks that u bank with

man_of_the_moment

Ok.i thot it wud be good to have a list of banks that charge cash deposit fee, and any other charges? like if u visit branch etc? this would give a good idea to general populace on which banks to bank with maybe in future.

I am giving info for banks that I bank with below

HDFC - No cash depoist fee or branch visiting fee - Decent ATM network

Citibank - Charges for everything including visiting the branch (if u ask for help/do transaction) but they got good ATM facilities

Citibank - Where'd I be without them, all those no-commission DDs home-delivered right to my home the very next day after ordering them. Makes things very convenient each time I have to pay college fee.

Citibank is the best.. I am banking for 3 years now.. never had to go to there office for any problems.. Everything is online.. I think it is one of the best online banking available.. No Neft or deposit charges.. and got loads of other features too..

Worst bank ever has to be Syndicate Bank,.

Agree about whats been said about Citibank. Great online banking. Free DD delivery. I do all my prepaid mobile recharging through netbanking.

On the flip side, their branch on MG road, Bangalore is quite crummy and overcrowded.

I would actually rate HSBC as one of the worst banks i have dealt with...Since i am predominantly an online user; i would have to say their service is quite bad :(

On the other hand; citibank is cool as long as you don't need to visit them (and then they just start charging you for everything; even speaking :ack: )

ICICI is surprisingly good; their online banking is no-frills and simple; and they don't nag you like the other two do :|

Luckily; am yet to go for a loan of any sorts; so dunno how these banks behave in those aspects...all i know is that ICICI auto loans are quite costly :(

I've been banking with Standard Chartered Bank for 5 years and its been great. Head office is not far for me, great relationship manager. :thumbsup: Of course this is just my experience.

W.r.t loans, private banks are more finicky about things. The govt banks like sbi, pnb, bank of baroda offer much better rates and more leeway as well.

IDBI

Trust me when I say they are the best right now.

They dont charge for anything

Free Cash Deposits,NEFT transactions,Demand Drafts

When I lost my ATM card they gave me anew one for free.

+1

Recently even gave me a 0 balance acc (dunno if that's common) , helps coz my balance is always 0 :P

Bank: SBI

Charges: Rs.25 for cash deposit/ Rs. 5 for InterBank NEFT transfers.

These are the ones i know of.

Cheers :)

Yup. Been using SBI for quite some time & it works flawlessly. I guess it's at par with most of the private netbanking services plus it opens up easily on mobile browsers as well (ICICI doesn't)

Have been running around Bank Of India for the past 45 days to give me transaction rights but the buggers can't seem to figure out the whole procedure ! :|

+1

Recently even gave me a 0 balance acc (dunno if that's common) , helps coz my balance is always 0 :P

tujh par reham aagaya hoga :P

been banking with kotak mahindra...priority customer last 3yrs...no problem till now touch wood...must have visited bank twice or thrice all this time since its mostly online for me..plus rest they provide home deliveries of misc things whatever needed (chequebook,cheque cash pickup,dd etc)

Yup. Been using SBI for quite some time & it works flawlessly. I guess it's at par with most of the private netbanking services plus it opens up easily on mobile browsers as well (ICICI doesn't)

Have been running around Bank Of India for the past 45 days to give me transaction rights but the buggers can't seem to figure out the whole procedure ! :|

Hey Can you use the SBI Debit Card to make online purchases....I saw that most of them did not have a cvv number on them

Hey Can you use the SBI Debit Card to make online purchases....I saw that most of them did not have a cvv number on them

Yup.. But only from most of the Indian sites.. International shopping ain't possible unless you have International Exchange permitted with a CVV number !

But if you request specifically, SBI does provide a Mastercard DC with a CVV AFAIK.

Yup.. But only from most of the Indian sites.. International shopping ain't possible unless you have International Exchange permitted with a CVV number !

But if you request specifically, SBI does provide a Mastercard DC with a CVV AFAIK.

OK thanks man

trying to open an acc there.....are you sure there is no options as such to mention them on the acc opening form or something?

Nah ! No options of selecting your cards n all. Do remember when applying for netbanking to mention about enabling transaction rights else you will running door to door afterwards. :|

Yup mentioned them on the acc opening form./..... The only problem with SB is that the clerks behave like that they friggin own the banks and it is only out of sheer gratitude that are they opening accounts and providing service

Archived