Banks that u bank with

man_of_the_moment

Yup mentioned them on the acc opening form./..... The only problem with SB is that the clerks behave like that they friggin own the banks and it is only out of sheer gratitude that are they opening accounts and providing service

Yeah ! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So guys I'm planning on getting a CC but damn confused after reading on different banking sites :ko:

How happy are you with your CC ?

Primarily I need:

- Low markups on foreign transactions ( I think it's 3.5% universally now ? )

- VCC option

Added benefits like a long credit duration (without charges of course :P), option of paying the due amount online via any other bank's netbanking & low interest rates would be welcome. Oh and lesser the hidden charges the better it is :| .. cough *HDFC* cough :|

Also if the CC can be availed by investing as a FD or an ITR is necessary. ( ICICI offers the FD wala CC AFAIK.. The CC limit is 80% of the FD.. No idea about rest.)

Kindly help. Thanks.. :cheers:

Well interest free period is always between 20-50 days depending on when you pay in your billing cycle. Foreign transaction markups r same I guess.

Try citi, hdfc, icici as these seem to have most offers online. Ebay offers emi if u have hdfc or icici. Citi is also quite popular. Plus you get all those netbanking facilities you've mentioned. Try for visa only and not mastercard.

Don't know about getting a cc on investing an fd. Nice concept actually.

Well interest free period is always between 20-50 days depending on when you pay in your billing cycle. Foreign transaction markups r same I guess.

Try citi, hdfc, icici as these seem to have most offers online. Ebay offers emi if u have hdfc or icici. Citi is also quite popular. Plus you get all those netbanking facilities you've mentioned. Try for visa only and not mastercard.

Don't know about getting a cc on investing an fd. Nice concept actually.

Thanks bro !..

What about VCC.. Citi has it ?

And yeah, nice thing with the FD, but only ICICI has it AFAIK.

Even I have a 0 balance acc.....

Citibank is worst when it comes to minimum balance..they deduct like 500rs for low balance.....

Well it is true with all private banks.. Usually the govt bank have lower limits of 500 -1000 rs min balance.. and private can range up to 5000-10,000 depending up on the banks..

I have a salary account in Citibank so 0 balance is fine.. but yeah on savings account they will charge fine for low balance.. :)

and I would rate ICICI at the top followed by HDFC ..

same here.

but that also means u r high valued customer, madam. icici sucks for the common customer.

i faced it when my mom had to face unnecessary 'chakkars' for some small work. which i used to get done easily at my company icici branch.

I have accounts in ICICI, HDFC, Std Chartered, Axis Bank, Deutche Bank and I would rate ICICI at the top followed by HDFC .. Rest of them waste a lot of precious paper in cool brochures and do not really have great customer service..

You forgot Oman bank :sign_banhim:

So ICICI CC then..? Or any other recommendations..? Plus will I get the VCC option in ICICI CC..?

ICICI and HDFC always win the bank awards. Although everyone has sour experiences with every bank. In that case you can never choose any bank :D...ICICI too has a lot of charges I believe.

@Alekh, credit card charges are more or less same. Just pay on time, dont use more than 50% of your limti and dont let them leech you with interest. Credit cards can be a blessing or your worst nightmare!

Archived