[Guide] Download PS3 files on PC and then transfer back!

Mizanurification

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DOWNLOAD PSN CONTENT ON PC

Step ➊: Downloading the required files:

Download the zip file from --> HERE
It includes:
PS3 ProxyServer
Net Framework 1.1
Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step ➋: Installing the required files:

First try to install the PS3 ProxyServer. If it shows the error that Net Framework is not installed then install Net Framework and the service pack. Restart and then install PS3 ProxySever.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step ➌: Configuring PS3 ProxyServer on PC:

Find your IP address: Open Command Prompt and then type "ipconfig" (without quotes). IPv4 is ur IP address make a note of it.
Enter the IP address in the box in PS3 ProxySever and check "PS3 Mode".
Then press "Start".

Step ➍: Configuring Enabling Proxy on PS3:

Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings > Custom > Wireless/Wired > Scan > Select SSID and enter password > IP Address: Automatic > DHCP : Dont Set > DNS & MTU : Automatic > Proxy Server : Use > Enter IP Address and Port > Finish.

Now both ur PS3 and PC are connected.
To check this open PSN store and check if there is any change in the "Logs" tab of PS3 Proxy Server. If it shows some changes then connection is successful.

Step ➎: Downloading from PSN Store:

Start downloading any game/demo from the Store and check the Logs of ProxyServer. There should a link (mostly starting with a greek God's name). Right click on it and start downloading via any download manager like IDM or DAP. Then enable "Download in Background" and pause it.

Note: There might be two similar links, just download any one and crosscheck the download size from the store.

Step ➏: Transferring back to PS3:

After the download completes on PC go to PS3 and resume the download. In the Logs tab there should be an updated link with "ServerIpAddr". Ignore this link. Disconnect the ethernet cable from the router but dont turn it off. Then pause the download again and resume it. After a minute it will give an error on PS3 and there will be a link in the Logs tab without "ServerIpAddr". Use this link to as the link to transfer back to PS3 in the Replace Files tab, and link the downloaded file.

After this pause and resume the download on PS3 and within a minute the transfer should start from PC. Now u can plug in the Ethernet cable.

Note: You can use the link in this step to download too.

OR

Step ➏: Transferring back to PS3 via adding to IP address method:

After the download completes on PC go to PS3 and resume the download. In the Logs tab there should be an updated link with "ServerIpAddr". Copy this link to the first Replace Files link. Then pause the download again and resume it. You will find another link with the IP address changing (it was mostly the last number with a increment or decrement by 1). Use this link to as the second link to and add the file link on PC in both the fields. Then pause and resume again, it will start downloading from PC automatically.

Note: This method does not include disconnecting the ethernet cable so its much easier. Thanks to godmat for finding it.

Can you also please guide me on how to connect my ps3 to the pc through wifi. I've tried almost everything and I can't get it to work.

Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings > Custom > Wireless > Scan > Select SSID and enter password > IP Address: Automatic > DHCP : Dont Set > DNS & MTU : Automatic > Proxy Server : Use > Enter IP Address and Port > Finish.

Follow it exactly as it is and u will be able to connect.

Dont try to enter the subnet mask and other stuff manually, select Automatic for that option.

umm does downloading updates/patches work via proxy method?

cos iirc after the latest firmware update,only background downloads are allowed are on ps3 for the proxy method to work....and as u know updates doesn't allow downloading in background

anyhoo repped for the OP :cheers:

Is ur laptop and PS3 connected to the same wireless network? If yes then it will detect automatically after u enter the ISP in Proxy of PS3.

I hope u have a static IP address.

Dynamic IP and my ps3 acts weird when it operates via wifi

Also as sagaru said in new update you have to download in the background, does it work for patches now?

Great work btw :good:

And after the new update you need to put the download in background or else it wont get transferred instead it will download again from the store

umm does downloading updates/patches work via proxy method?

cos iirc after the latest firmware update,only background downloads are allowed are on ps3 for the proxy method to work....and as u know updates doesn't allow downloading in background

anyhoo repped for the OP :cheers:/>

Dynamic IP and my ps3 acts weird when it operates via wifi

Also as sagaru said in new update you have to download in the background, does it work for patches now?

Great work btw :good:/>

Not sure about patches. Will confirm if i update any game.

Thanks everyone. :arigato:/>

Patch download works perfectly via ps3 proxy. I downloaded BF3 update 1.07 in the evening.

Regarding this background download thing, I came across a weird scenario today. I had pre-ordered Far Cry 3 from PSN store and it was in my download list. I configured the ps3 proxy and I directly started the download via PC(as I got the URL link from my friend and I had the package downloaded in my PC). It went on smoothly without even downloading in background. The file size was 6.25 gb. The transfer happened in 20 minutes straight. I also tried it with Aftermath DLC and it got transferred in 5 minutes.

So if you download straight via PS3 Proxy provided you have the URL and the game file, there is no need to start the download in background. :)

Patch download works perfectly via ps3 proxy. I downloaded BF3 update 1.07 in the evening.

Regarding this background download thing, I came across a weird scenario today. I had pre-ordered Far Cry 3 from PSN store and it was in my download list. I configured the ps3 proxy and I directly started the download via PC(as I got the URL link from my friend and I had the package downloaded in my PC). It went on smoothly without even downloading in background. The file size was 6.25 gb. The transfer happened in 20 minutes straight. I also tried it with Aftermath DLC and it got transferred in 5 minutes.

So if you download straight via PS3 Proxy provided you have the URL and the game file, there is no need to start the download in background. :)/>

patches work via proxy method??oh damn....i wasted 20 hrs on the bf3 patch ......courtesy roshan :chair:

anyhoo,thanks for the info .......repped :D

Archived