Dead Space 2

Keyofx

eh. the pc runs at a rock solid 60fps with vsync and has aa too. that sounds like zero difference to you?

Zero 'graphical' difference.

In any case the game doesn't supports aa at all I thought Mlaa did wonders but upon careful observation I found it doesn't changes anything as the game itself has minimal aliasing issues due to its color palette and correct aliasing free shader.

The only way to get somewhere AA is by forcing it through CP,but even then it won't really bring much to table except reducing the performance by more than half. :/

Zero 'graphical' difference.

In any case the game doesn't supports aa at all I thought Mlaa did wonders but upon careful observation I found it doesn't changes anything as the game itself has minimal aliasing issues due to its color palette and correct aliasing free shader.

The only way to get somewhere AA is by forcing it through CP,but even then it won't really bring much to table except reducing the performance by more than half. :/

antialiasing makes a huge difference to the graphics. the game does not have 'minimal' aliasing.

here's a screen with horrible jaggies.

deadspace22011012813262.th.png

and here's the same scene with anti-aliasing applied.

deadspace22011012813355.th.png

the second one is just so much better.

as for performance, i don't know what the issue is. the game is so light anyway, so even losing a few frames is not a big deal at all. i have vsync enabled and the game stays locked at 60fps with or without aa, so whatever performance penalty aa brings remains hidden in the 60+ fps range and is no problem at all. so yea the pc version runs better, looks better and has no screen tearing. that makes it better 'graphically'. i assume the console version doesn't run with the very high shadows setting that the pc version has either, but i have no way to check this obviously.

Console version it is then.

Does every PS3 copy come with Extraction or just the Special Edition?

just the special edition but you can buy extraction from psn also...it is coming on psn. :good:

Just to clarify the standard editon is the limited edition for the time being, with MRP 2499 and contains the Extraction game on disc. The Collectors Editions contains music cd's and other collectibles.

Just to clarify the standard editon is the limited edition for the time being, with MRP 2499 and contains the Extraction game on disc. The Collectors Editions contains music cd's and other collectibles.

I hope that holds true over here as well.

Need to check with the local retailer.

Archived