[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Bloody hell!

Don't think the Samsung has a dvd optical drive man. How does one install software & all?

Link

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/pc-peripherals-printer/notebook/high-performance/NP370R5E-S05IN-gallery

Buy an external drive.

Or

Windows 8 also has native support for mounting ISOs AFAIK if you are downloading DVD images it from the internet. If you have a disc, create an iso from the disc on a PC that has DVD drive. Then transfer that ISO over to the laptop. Mount and install.

Easier to get an external drive. Think that will set you back about 2k ish.

But TBH cant remember the last software I got on a disc. Aside from Windows itself. Games maybe but most of them activate on steam anyway.

Edited by Aftrunner

Bloody hell!

Don't think the Samsung has a dvd optical drive man. How does one install software & all?

Link

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/pc-peripherals-printer/notebook/high-performance/NP370R5E-S05IN-gallery

As long as you don't want to watch wedding DVDs of your relatives or watch pirated movies on the next day of their release from road side thelas, I think you should be pretty safe!

Windows 8 has the option of creating bootable USB drive straight from your pc. Without the need of any other tool. I don't think the absence of a DVD drive would inconvenience you too much. If need be, you can always opt for an external. I think you can get them @ 1400 or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Link

They are bundling a three cell battery with the laptop, I suggest that whilst purchasing it try to negotiate for at-least a six-cell variant for decent battery life while mobile.

For the optical drive, you have two options --

• The ISO option but that means for all software you wish to install you must have an ISO (on an external disc) OR download the same from a Wares site, put in your LEGIT registry key and use it.
  • If the first option is too complicated, suggest that you use an external optical drive, SAMSUNG, Transcend and ASUS models start ~1800/- from street last I checked.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

yea, makes sense man getting an external drive.

But for playing games, dont i need the dvd drive to install, plus everytime to play as well (if i go legit :lol: j/k)

So the DELL is 45.670

Decent Battery life.

Samsung will be 47000+2000=49000, plus low battery life. also DINCHAK! :rant:

:suicide:

confused man

Iffy :chucks::blink::wallbash::censored:

yea, makes sense man getting an external drive.

But for playing games, dont i need the dvd drive to install, plus everytime to play as well (if i go legit :lol: j/k)

So the DELL is 45.670

Decent Battery life.

Samsung will be 47000+2000=49000, plus low battery life. also DINCHAK! :rant:

No, as Aftrunner stated for legit games the key-code is more important than the disc itself. You must redeem it on STEAM, it can download the installation from there.

If you really want the optical drive, you always have the external option in the SAMSUNG but in a laptop it is not so easy to replace the core components (CPU + GPU + motherboard) so if you start finding the DeLL lacking for some reason, no can do to improve its performance.

I did not get what you meant by Dinchack? :confused:

trying to get this straight.

so in case i'm not carrying my optical drive, the games will still play offline once i've activated the key? (havent gamed on the PC for ages, out of touch. Last game was CoD MW original. & you needed the disk in the machine)

Sorry mate. dhinchak is a colloquial hindi or punjabi term that means flashy or gaudy :-)

Arre Sir, itna bhee angrez nahee hoon. I was wondering why you were applying it to the SAMSUNG laptop. Saw a few images of the same and makes a lot more sense.

so in case i'm not carrying my optical drive, the games will still play offline once i've activated the key? (havent gamed on the PC for ages, out of touch. Last game was CoD MW original. & you needed the disk in the machine)

Most STEAMWORK's based titles do not require the game disc to be in the optical drive. So you will not miss anything.

Even the installer has to be downloaded, in case you have activated the key on STEAM.

Hope this allays your fear(s). Cheers!

hehe......

& dinchak specially when you compare

dell3521-f1.jpg with NP370R5E_S05IN_M_5_2x.jpg

But then it's what inside thats matters in the long run, so i guess :good:

But non steam games will basically screw my happiness i guess. koi na, will get used to carrying the drive as well :)

Shyam Singh it is then :)
Since it's new, the local vendor will get it by Tuesday.

Edited by ThE JuGgErNaUT

Yeah get Samsung one. The PC games that require drive to play are almost none. All new EA, Ubisoft and every Steamworks game i.e games from Square Enix, THQ (now no THQ), 2K etc etc work without disc as every one has their respective client like Uplay, Origin, Steam etc.

Dont worry much about battery, you mostly will not game without power. Such powerful laptops are usually desktop replacements.

thanks bro but i need suggestion for speakers not headphones,I already have Sennheiser hd 558

go for jbl creature iii, will cost around 4-5k..amazing at that range. If this budget is high for you, than get anything at lower price , does not make that much of difference anyway.

Where did you order it from, and for how much?

I ordered it from alliedelec.com, but you can get it from Amazon too. Apparently it's in-stock on Amazon, while it took a whole month for Allied Elec to ship my Pi. I paid $35 plus shipping plus tax, which I think will be around $42-43