DOTA 2

Gta_mad

I never played this but just one map? Is this supposed to be a budget release or bundled with Portal 2 or something?

OHMG !!!

U nvr played Dota ??

Dota is the most played game in India after CS .

Just go to a gaming cafe , u will find ppl playing it .

Dota has the highest amount of replayability .

I have been playing this game for the past 5 years .

No other game can match tht value

very unlikely that this will be free. full price game is more likely. valve game = day 1 steam pre-order for me :D

How to order from Steam ?

Does it accept Debit cards ?

Even I've never played DOTA. Should I? It's a WC3 mod, right?

yea it's a warcraft 3 mod. i would say don't bother playing it now. it's a multiplayer only mod with arguably the worst player community ever. I have never seen a worse community of players who whine and bitch and act like elitist stuck up snobs. it's a team game where victory or defeat depends on how well your other team mates play, which means it is very newbie unfriendly. heaven forbid that you make a mistake while learning the game because your team mates will ream you out for it, and probably kick you from the game. that aside, the mod itself is very good. it's a variation of the basic tower defense motif... 2 teams on a map, both have towers, both have ai enemies that spawn at fixed intervals and march towards the enemy towers to attack them. players take control of one hero, and thus form teams of 5 heroes to take down the opposing towers. this is done by attacking the towers and killing off the other team's enemies. you level up, gain new abilities, earn money for killing opposing enemies, use that money to buy items, combine items to form more dangerous items and so on. the game has about 100 heroes that you can choose from, which obviously offers a lot of re-playability and choice, but even more is added through the various combinations of 5 heroes on a team. that's why the game might only have 1 map, but it has infinite replayability as you will almost never get the same combination of heroes to fight with and against in any game.

Even I've never played DOTA. Should I? It's a WC3 mod, right?

It's not a mod actually .

Blizzard has a feature called WC3 Map Creator with which u can create maps .

Dota (Previously knwn as Dota-Allstars) is a map which was created by Guinsoo and Icefrog .

Then, Guinsoo left and joined Riot Games .

After that only Icefrog worked on it .

The Map is much more interesting . It has many juke points .

It is a Combination of RTS and RPG

Dota is infact better than World of Warcraft

There are more than 100 heroes .

Heroes have 4 skills

Many items and recipes .

U can play upto 5v5 on it.

This increases the replayability

Warcraft 3 is still surviving coz of only these map

U can download the map from - Here

For more info on the game - Here

yea it's a warcraft 3 mod. i would say don't bother playing it now. it's a multiplayer only mod with arguably the worst player community ever. I have never seen a worse community of players who whine and bitch and act like elitist stuck up snobs. it's a team game where victory or defeat depends on how well your other team mates play, which means it is very newbie unfriendly. heaven forbid that you make a mistake while learning the game because your team mates will ream you out for it, and probably kick you from the game. that aside, the mod itself is very good. it's a variation of the basic tower defense motif... 2 teams on a map, both have towers, both have ai enemies that spawn at fixed intervals and march towards the enemy towers to attack them. players take control of one hero, and thus form teams of 5 heroes to take down the opposing towers. this is done by attacking the towers and killing off the other team's enemies. you level up, gain new abilities, earn money for killing opposing enemies, use that money to buy items, combine items to form more dangerous items and so on. the game has about 100 heroes that you can choose from, which obviously offers a lot of re-playability and choice, but even more is added through the various combinations of 5 heroes on a team. that's why the game might only have 1 map, but it has infinite replayability as you will almost never get the same combination of heroes to fight with and against in any game.

I agree upon worst community . :bigyellowgrin:

But Newbie-unfriendly I dont .

I have won most of the games playing solo while my team sucked .

If u have a good Late gamer like a Morted or Troll , U can win the game one-handed .

It's ok if u play now . If u suck, other 4 ppl of u r team will manage and u will win .

I literally could remember many games when my side was opened from two sides or sometimes even three sides , still we managed to win the game

Very nice info. So skip, and wait for DOTA 2.

If u want to play Dota 2 .

I think u should play Dota Map on Warcraft 3.

Most of the basic features of Dota are put into Dota 2.

Changes will be there in Graphics , to some extent in gameplay

Dota is infact better than World of Warcraft

no. just, no.

Very nice info. So skip, and wait for DOTA 2.

yea, that's what i'd recommend. you could check out a free game called league of legends. it's basically the same style of game as dota, made by one of the former creators of dota. i hear it's a decent game and you can sample the gameplay for free.

I agree upon worst community . :bigyellowgrin:

But Newbie-unfriendly I dont .

it's the community that makes it newbie unfriendly, not the game mechanics itself. when you have lowlife f**ktards constantly abusing you or ridiculing you or acting like elitist know-it-alls and generally making your gameplay experience worse, i'd say that's a pretty unfriendly newbie game.

rather than trying LoL - which has some mechanics different to dota and is slower paced and has a lot less heroes - i would recommend playing the dota AI map.

the AI in the latest map is pretty good and gives a decent challenge to new players - and its a very good way to learn what the game is about.

1 point about comparison with wow - both the games are completely different.even the genres are different.there can simply be no comparison.

for people who prefer 30-45 minutes competitive matches over the massively time consuming mmorpgs - dota is certainly better than wow.

How to order from Steam ?

Does it accept Debit cards ?

nope, no debit cards. it will take credit cards or paypal though. they will probably start pre-orders a few weeks before the game is set to release.

STEAM ACCEPTS DEBIT CARDS. CONFIRMED!

plz tell me if im wrong. coz im pretty sure my friend bought a game with a debit card IN FRONT OF ME.

zeehunter . are you on garena . lets match up sometime :cheers: (good luck trying to explain dota on a forum :rofl:)

• 3 months later...

So I started playing DotA after 3 years ( under the pressure of cousins) and in each and every game it reminds how awesome it is.

Ah the thrill of gang-bang B)

I'm hooked again :(

Life :sadbye:

Archived