Wrestling fans

nosextillim18

brock's health ? is there something wrong ? He seems quite fit and healthy to me.

There's a reason he had to quit MMA, he suffers from diverticulitis. Not sure on the current extent of it though.

Word is out that Sting has officially signed with the WWE.

If this is true, it's awesome

Been going around since eternity, the match won't be a 5* match, but the build-up :drool: :fap: :Fap: :fap:

Sadly the rumours are going on since loooooooooooooooooong

Rumours even were pointing to the fact that Sting shall return during undertaker's speech on the raw following wrestlemania

but Punk can't simply miss WrestleMania if there was any small issue, specially WM30, 30 fookin years, this was one of the milestone events, next would come at 40, and that's like 10 years down the line :|

sweet mother of mary !! :O that is some Einstein-esq calculation right there

:lol:

• Like 1

I started on those days.A little before.

But seriously ? He's the world champ ?! Did he have any build up or something ?

He has only been a serious wrestler since about a couple of months, and was pushed into the world title scene very recently(after Lockdown, that's like 1 month ago). So really not much build. His win was similar to Sabin's transitional championship run last year in case you followed that. But now that they have already pulled the plug on him, I hope he isn't just another transitional champ. I think the title change came as a result of Magnus' reign being very boring and counter-intuitive(his paper champion stuff shouldn't have been tolerated once MVP was in charge). They waited a bit more to realize that, otherwise I think Samoa Joe may have got the title instead of EY.

who else is in the title picture right now ?

Right now, Magnus, Abyss, Roode, Bully Ray, James Storm, Gunner, Willow(alter ego of Jeff Hardy) and EC3 could all get title shots if needed. Joe is recently injured(don't know how long he'll be out) while Kurt Angle is expected to be coming back from an injury soon.

He has only been a serious wrestler since about a couple of months, and was pushed into the world title scene very recently(after Lockdown, that's like 1 month ago). So really not much build. His win was similar to Sabin's transitional championship run last year in case you followed that. But now that they have already pulled the plug on him, I hope he isn't just another transitional champ. I think the title change came as a result of Magnus' reign being very boring and counter-intuitive(his paper champion stuff shouldn't have been tolerated once MVP was in charge). They waited a bit more to realize that, otherwise I think Samoa Joe may have got the title instead of EY.

Just saw that video you posted here. Impact has been rubbish since Lockdown and I haven't even watched it for the last 2 weeks. However, I have been reading about it online and have not been impressed. Now that Eric Young has been made champion, I think I'm done watching this show. Don't get me wrong; Eric Young is a fantastic wrestler and pretty entertaining but he would be an ideal TV Champion. I still don't understand why they have not brought back that title as there are so many worthy mid card wrestlers in TNA. The management and the bookings of TNA will ensure that this company which has an awesome roster and far superior wrestlers than the WWE will unfortunately never realise its potential :(

Edited by Chief
  • Like 1

Just saw that video you posted here. Impact has been rubbish since Lockdown and I haven't even watched it for the last 2 weeks. However, I have been reading about it online and have not been impressed. Now that Eric Young has been made champion, I think I'm done watching this show. Don't get me wrong; Eric Young is a fantastic wrestler and pretty entertaining but he would be an ideal TV Champion. I still don't understand why they have not brought back that title as there are so many worthy mid card wrestlers in TNA. The management and the bookings of TNA will ensure that this company which has an awesome roster and far superior wrestlers than the WWE will unfortunately never realise its potential :(

I understand your feelings. But I view this more as a damage control measure than anything. To be honest, anything would be a positive after the horrible Magnus reign, including EY winning the title. EY is perfectly capable of being in the main event scene, it's just that his title win looks a bit rushed. But they did the best that they could this week. Samoa Joe was not available, and MVP just HAD to exert more control over the Magnus' cheating tactics now as a logical booking direction. The way Magnus was booked as a paper champion, while I don't agree that should have been the way, just asked for this to happen if they wanted to continue having any excitement in the product. So, it wasn't really bad booking, and there have been other examples of worse bookings from TNA in the past couple of months. Speaking of the TV title, that championship has lost its value so much that it's better to make a new championship if necessary than bring it back. And BTW, here is EY defending both the TV title and the 'world' title against D'Lo Brown, back in 2011:

Csonka really nailed it here:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/columns/319403

I know the booking of EY winning the title wasn't perfect, but at least it really wasn't as out-of-the blue as some people seem to believe. It may be a bit rushed but not as horrible as the general perception of it. And it was in fact a sound booking move considering that the Magnus stuff had gone beyond recovery now. And just like Csonka, as a fan, I am really happy for EY.

I will soon start following NJPW, as AJ Styles recently debuted there. Styles vs Okada would be interesting to see, as they already have history in TNA. Here's hoping Styles gets the IWGP title next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG2CqgKS5-M

but is EY the best option ? If the whole purpose was damage control,why not someone else ?

As I said, Joe was not available due to an injury. All the other faces were feuding with someone else. And believe it or not, EY WAS being pushed decently as of late. It felt like a feel-good moment to me rather than a rip-off or an abomination.