The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

Corolla Altis. Not an exciting car at all. Maybe coz I'm not a fun driver and havn't taken the car further than 130 k/hr. :P Still a great daily use car

edit: And yes seeing a lot of Polos. I feel there are WAYY too many hatchbacks now. Choices can be confusing. i10, Ritz, swift, micra, polo, figo, swift, i20, jazz off the top of my head. Of course the i20,jazz and polo are in the upper segment of hatchbacks.

Edited by Death Stryke

i knw the original cost... which is y i am surprised at the price u got it for... 5 yrs old n still high... but that is coz of the ltd etd :(

aquila was out for 1.75 n comet for 2.1 i think... on road... same engine though :P

anyways... i'm sure it is a blast to ride... :thumbsup:

yeah man...ltd edtn.

and aquila don't do justice to the engine it has, probably coz it's a cruiser and def. needs a more powerful engine than what Comet has...

it def. is fun to ride man :happydance:

Corolla Altis. Not an exciting car at all. Maybe coz I'm not a fun driver and havn't taken the car further than 130 k/hr. :P Still a great daily use car

I actually liked the Altis a lot, we would have got it too if it weren't for the Cruze.

^I know. It gets difficult when u go the heart of the city where it gets damn crowded. U'd wish for a car like the i10 which you can easily maneuver around.

Booooo.. :chair: I hate small cars (as in hatchbacks). I'd rather go with an older Baleno or Accent than a new hatchback - that's just me, not really for practical reasons. I just like the Sedan form factor much more, always have.

Truth be told I'd like to have my Dad's Cruze permanently but it's not like he's letting me take it every day :P Oh the acceleration on that thing..

But, yes, bigger car = more worries about scratches = more tension for those who are a bit timid when it comes to driving in tight traffic. :(

Me, I just push people aside when they try to barge into my lane without clearance, never give up :devil: . Though my dad goes "See it's your car you've gotta take care of it, it'll be your loss if you get it scratched". Oh well, I suppose I'll understand it when I earn my own money and get a car someday.

^Dom, I've driven in bombay, pune and here. Really at the heart of the metro cities its the same kind of traffic. Though Pune is worse because it has a much higher density of 2 wheelers who make it difficult especially if your car has a few blind spots.

I really dont fight much for lanes. There is seriously nothing you will gain and you will lose more considering that some cheap auto or scorpio or truck will be doing all the lane changing without any indicator or anything and they dont care about their cars either. I just let them go and stay far off. No use trying to overtake and drive rashly. U will just reach a few mins earlier. I frankly wonder how people drive on highways at speeds greater than 70 k/hr with them not even maintaining 5 feet of distance from the car ahead of them. its just impossible for me! I keep atleast 10-12 feet at such speeds.

@Gaurav

Altis is a great car really. No doubt about that. Just not an exciting car. I'd have gone for the civic if it wasn't for the very low ground clearance which is an issue for me. Besides the corolla was cheapest in the class. But corolla sales are still the highest in the segment and with the launch of the diesel vehicle it will sell more i guess

Edited by Death Stryke

FK this...im outta here

BURN IN HELL MT!!!!!

Any pics of the interior/engine or vid or the engine running??