help me to choose --PS3 or Xbox360

I am planning to buy a console. Bt still in confusion for which I have to go btwn PS3 or Xbox360?

my requirement --

1. I will mainly play xclusive games

2. I prefer sports game

3. Online gaming (PSN or XLive?)

1. PS3

2. Equal

3. PSN = free, XBL = better

repped. :good:

shoo. :bicycle:come back in a day, when the war has begun. The Z boys and Sacky still haven't posted. There is no need of any mod right now.

How much cost 4 xlive & in what aspect it is betr dan PSN??

350 per month or 2200 per year. offers every week may help you get it for as low as 50rs per month.

Cross game chat, better connectivity, weekly deals and arcade/indie games. Cross game chat is kind of a make or break situation for me, can't say the same for you.

I heard from a frd having PS3 that he freqntly he face problem for game connctivity. It is take lots of time to cnct game on9 or even many time it is not connected at all, even through he have 1.5mbps UL cnection.

Is this common prob for PS3? game like fifa or gt5 will suffer this kind of prob?

I have used PS3 so posting the pros and cons here:

PS3 pros:

1. Loads of exclusives. Not all good though. But certain games like God of War series, Uncharted, MGS 4, Heavy Rain, Infamous 2 etc just CANNOT be missed.

2. It doubles up as Blu Ray player.

3. No multiple disks required thanks to Blu Ray. Also, BR discs are almost impossible to be scratched. So, second hand purchase and sell becomes easy.

4. Great 3D gaming support.

5. Free Online gaming.

6. Can install any internal HDD, no proprietary sh*t.

7. Controllers charge through USB.

PS3 cons:

1. Many multiplats are f**ked up. You have to think twice before preordering. They are fixed eventually, but still. Prime examples: Earlier COD titles running at sub HD, earlier WWE titles having no AA and looking muddy, all WWE titles only supporting 32 CAW layers, Skyrim f**ked up, RAGE having texture loading issue, earlier GTA etc titles having muddy look thanks to Q-somthing AA technique used.

2. Patches, lots of them. Huge patches. You dont want to download GBs of patches really. Note that many DLCs are very small, as the content is included in patches. For example, there was a WWE All Stars patch released which was 500+ MB in size. I didn't download the patch, and installed DLC directly, the DLCs were very small of 100 kb each. I bought Jericho DLC and R-Truth. Both 100 kb files were downloaded and installed. When I played the game and selected Jericho, he was INVISIBLE in the ring. And then game crashed after some time. So I downloaded the patch, and voila, Jericho was back in game and it was fine. So, the patch actually had DLC data, which was shoved down the throat of every PS3 owner, whether he wanted to download the DLC or not. I am sure Xbox 360 had some small patch (5 MB is the limit on 360 IIRC), and actual DLC data would have been more.

3. Mandatory installs, sometime as big as 9 GB. Its a one time operation, but when you are super excited to play a new game, you JUST HATE it when you have to install the game first, and then download patches, and then get to play.

4. Download system SUCKS. If your net goes down, or PS3 shuts down due to power cut, 90% of the time download is corrupted. Very stupid and archaic download system.

Another flame bait thread.

As of today PS3 is a better choice, x360 is pretty much EOL and got max 2 years up its sleeve. No killer Exclusive on the way and MS is shifting its focus to Kinect.

I have used PS3 so posting the pros and cons here:

PS3 pros:

1. Loads of exclusives. Not all good though. But certain games like God of War series, Uncharted, MGS 4, Heavy Rain, Infamous 2 etc just CANNOT be missed.

2. It doubles up as Blu Ray player.

3. No multiple disks required thanks to Blu Ray. Also, BR discs are almost impossible to be scratched. So, second hand purchase and sell becomes easy.

4. Great 3D gaming support.

5. Free Online gaming.

6. Can install any internal HDD, no proprietary sh*t.

7. Controllers charge through USB.

PS3 cons:

1. Many multiplats are f**ked up. You have to think twice before preordering. They are fixed eventually, but still. Prime examples: Earlier COD titles running at sub HD, earlier WWE titles having no AA and looking muddy, all WWE titles only supporting 32 CAW layers, Skyrim f**ked up, RAGE having texture loading issue, earlier GTA etc titles having muddy look thanks to Q-somthing AA technique used.

2. Patches, lots of them. Huge patches. You dont want to download GBs of patches really. Note that many DLCs are very small, as the content is included in patches. For example, there was a WWE All Stars patch released which was 500+ MB in size. I didn't download the patch, and installed DLC directly, the DLCs were very small of 100 kb each. I bought Jericho DLC and R-Truth. Both 100 kb files were downloaded and installed. When I played the game and selected Jericho, he was INVISIBLE in the ring. And then game crashed after some time. So I downloaded the patch, and voila, Jericho was back in game and it was fine. So, the patch actually had DLC data, which was shoved down the throat of every PS3 owner, whether he wanted to download the DLC or not. I am sure Xbox 360 had some small patch (5 MB is the limit on 360 IIRC), and actual DLC data would have been more.

3. Mandatory installs, sometime as big as 9 GB. Its a one time operation, but when you are super excited to play a new game, you JUST HATE it when you have to install the game first, and then download patches, and then get to play.

4. Download system SUCKS. If your net goes down, or PS3 shuts down due to power cut, 90% of the time download is corrupted. Very stupid and archaic download system.

Thanx for ur details xplanation.. :majesty:

So the thing is PSN have some issues..

IS u ever gt the problem when connecting any game on9 or it cnnect smoothly all the time as in PC??

Facking hell, really am tempted to troll but here's an honest opinion.

If you want exclusives than get a PS3

If you want online then get the Xbox even if you have to pay for it.

If you want to mod then get the xbox

Also, try the controllers out. I prefer the xbox ones.

For me the xbox may be ahead in many departments but I'll still opt for the Ps3 cause of it's exclusives. DOn't listen to the haters. Once you play uncharted there's no going back.

Another flame bait thread.

As of today PS3 is a better choice, x360 is pretty much EOL and got max 2 years up its sleeve. No killer Exclusive on the way and MS is shifting its focus to Kinect.

Yes I know PS3 is slightly betr option dan 360..

I just want to sure abut PSN's pros & cosn over xlive coz I will buy it mainly bcoz of on9 gaming.

from the discussion now I am biased towards the PS3.

I hav another issue that now I use MTS Mblaze net connection bcoz now I am outside from my home.

Plz suggest a cheap N best wifi router where I can configure my Mblaze & can play on9 games in PS3.

After 2-3 month I will use it only for my cable broadband connection in home.

Budget 2.5k -- 3k max..

Or is dere any other way to connect MTS Mblaze in PS3 without buying the router??

I am planning to buy a console. Bt still in confusion for which I have to go btwn PS3 or Xbox360?

my requirement --

1. I will mainly play xclusive games

2. I prefer sports game

3. Online gaming (PSN or XLive?)

1. PS3

2. Xbox 360

3. Xbox 360

Thanx for ur details xplanation..

So the thing is PSN have some issues..

IS u ever gt the problem when connecting any game on9 or it cnnect smoothly all the time as in PC??

Nope, I can connect to games fine, unless the game servers are sh*t like WWE 12. Horrible servers for both 360 and PS3.

And don't go for wireless internet for online gaming, as packet loss may occur and ruin your experience.

And yeah, wait advice is also good. In E3, Sony might drop PS3 prices.

Also, as you prefer sports games, I am guessing you are more interested in FIFA? Then my guess is that PS3 controller is more suited for FIFA than 360, ask people who have both. And some tennis games support Move, so playing with Move can be a nice change. Then there is Move Cricket on PS3, which though buggy and looks sh*t, but is excellent fun game for any cricket fan.

Archived