The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Karooo

^5 arrows and one shout unlocked? So you are playing side quests only I guess. That means you must have completed many dungeons AND you are missing the wording stones in the dungeons. Quite a shouts are already missed by you then. I suggest you should go to Grey Beards first so that you can unlock the shouts in the dungeons.

I'm doing the same thing :P

Is there any use of those dragon bones and all, pretty heavy and I have stored them, and cannot fathom spending 5000 gold for a damn house.

Also, yesterday my friend who has no idea of rpg's and like everyone else in my class jumped on the skyrim bandwagon becuase of the hype was taunting me that he played only 2-3 hours and has progressed in the main story and I'm still in whiterun :giggle:

Is there any use of those dragon bones and all, pretty heavy and I have stored them, and cannot fathom spending 5000 gold for a damn house.

Also, yesterday my friend who has no idea of rpg's and like everyone else in my class jumped on the skyrim bandwagon becuase of the hype was taunting me that he played only 2-3 hours and has progressed in the main story and I'm still in whiterun :giggle:

Dragon bones are used for making dragon armor and weapons.

Join the companions.They provide you with a bed and a chest where you can store your stuff.

Edited by AngerSmash

Sell them until your Smithing skill is high enough and you have the necessary perk to create a Dragon Bones/Scale armour.

There are infinite dragons in the game (even after you finish the main quest) so practically an unlimited supply of Bones and Scales.

Edited by sup bro?

Is there a proper technique for sword play (combat) with a shield?

I could really use some tips or tutorial videos on combat! And how to effectively use two-handed weapons or weapon + magika combo or both hands magika combo! The game is ruthless and there is no help or prompts whatsoever! I wanna brach out to magika n stuff but I'm clueless how to use it effectively...

I just reachd greybeards. Did 2-3 sidequests yet.

Edit- First thing I did was I bought a Horse! :D

Edited by aman-is-here

Is there a proper technique for sword play (combat) with a shield?

I could really use some tips or tutorial videos on combat! And how to effectively use two-handed weapons or weapon + magika combo or both hands magika combo! The game is ruthless and there is no help or prompts whatsoever! I wanna brach out to magika n stuff but I'm clueless how to use it effectively...

I just reachd greybeards. Did 2-3 sidequests yet.

Edit- First thing I did was I bought a Horse! :D

Looks like this one is playing Skyrim now :bigyellowgrin: ..Why ? This one done with Shooters ? :naughty:

Edited by Zodak™

This isn't Dark Souls, there are no advanced techniques for sword play. Just the normal swing and the power attacks. If you're getting pwnd, retreat, level up, come back and curb stomp. :)

I'm not getting pwned actually. Game's ruthless as in- it doesnt prompt. But just mindless sword swinging is getting boring. 1 technique I learnt with shield is that when enemy tries to attack, hit him with the shield instead of just blocking. Hitting him with the shield interrupts his move & you don't lose any health that you would if you had only blocked. No more techniques/cheap tactics? & how to use magika effectively?

Edited by aman-is-here

All right, about the PS3 issues.

I played Skyrim for about 25 hours, around 50% of time I did main quests and remaining were for side quests. I didn't install any patch as I thought that I will install it only if I face any issues.

Now, my save file size became 7.8 mb and the game started to stutter and had random freezes after 1-1.5 hrs of gameplay. So, I decide to install 1.3 patch.

After the installation, I played the game for 3-3.5 hrs straight, there was no stuttering at all (very minor, that too during day time and in crowded areas). Here are the changes I observed after 1.3 patch installation:

1. The autosaves are fast, not temp freezes at all. 1.0 Skyrim had slight freezes while autosaving.

2. The saving process is changed. In 1.0, once you clicked on save, the save bar used to go from 0 to 20% (slight pause), then 80%(slight pause) and then 100%. (these percentages varied as per your save file size increase)

Now, after 1.3 patch, the save bar goes from 0% to 99% (slight pause), and it saves. So they surely have made some changes to saving system.

3. The graphics ARE DEFINITELY lowered after 1.3 patch. It looks like they removed QXAA or reduced it. The jaggies are more apparent, and water looks less realistic. The HDR is either toned down or removed completely. But still, the game looks good, and non graphics w***** wont even notice it. The overall smoothness is worth the downgrade. I hope Eurogamer does some graphical analysis post 1.3 patch.

4. The NPCs sometimes stop speaking. You have to approach them again and initiate the dialogue. Also, the dragons are flying normally and give Dragon Souls without any problem. So no 1.2 patch bugs as some people experienced.

This is my observation after 3-3.5 hrs of gameplay post 1.3 patch. I will post some more if I observe any more changes. The game is great, but would have been super awesome if we didn't have to care about such issues.