Random disconnects from xbox live

Choron ka raja

I think this is the safest place to start a new thread, so here it goes.

Recently, I went offline, for a while, as 3g was getting too costly for my jobless arse. Anyways, I got a bsnl connection and went back online yesterday. In the meantime, there has been an update to the dashboard.

Since yesterday, I am having very weird issues with xbl. Since, I normally am skyping on pc, while browsing through game marketplace, any disconnects from ISP, will result in disconnect in both skype and xbl. But, right now, every few minutes, xbl just drops the connection, while skype continues on.

I used 3g, which too had disconnects every once in a while, so I know when it is ISP's issue. If internet goes out, xbl still shows connected, and only new content is not loaded for few seconds, then only it shows a dailog. But, now, there is no such thing. One second, I am about to start download for the latest demo, and next moment, I am back to dashboard, trying to reconnect. I tried a couple games in gears and bf3, and they are laggy than before (3g period).

Since, the connection is new too, and I am using BSNL for the first time, I am not sure, if this is due to settings in modem (no router), or issue with new update. Can anyone help me figure out the problem, as it is pretty difficult right now, to play any game, with so many disconnects?

Which modem/router?

Log into your modem/router and change your DNS to Google's DNS instead of the BSNL one's. Also check your MTU and make sure it meets XBL recommendation.

Also instead of automatic, try specifying internet settings on the 360.

Modem is the default one. make is binatone dt 840w. MTU is more than recommended, NAT is open. IP address is manual. Tried automatic also, same issue. There is basically no issue shown by network test.

I will try google's dns today, and check if it works.

I get around 60 ping to Mumbai ..

But my friend staying in Mumbai gets 100+ to Mumbai :lol:

Wired connection is cheaper than 3G

Edit : This is what I got

KHL0P.png

135 is not 60. :)

Also, since we are on to comparing ping results now, here are some of mine.

FaxZx.png

This isnt that bad.

Look at lolk1ller there. Could be worse.

It is. :( I just did that to show it to Zee. You can see, I mentioned "some of my results" and posted only one. :P

Ping to anywhere out of India is 200+, even to HongKong. And I always thought 230 ping to Ireland in 3g was bad, now it is above 300. Also, lag is more noticeable now. Every player in BF3 eats two clips of FAMAS now, while previously I have taken squad wipe ribbons with one clip.

I normally get 60+ to Mumbai

I think higher pings that I got last night were because of rains

AFAIK Tata has best pings and Airtel/BSNL has worst

There is a catch in MTNL/BSNL connections .. If they work they work like butter or else frequent disconnections :lol:

• 1 year later...

So I just got a new MTNL Connection and I'm facing similar issue keeps getting disconnected after every 45mins to and hour on my Xbox One which is very annoying as i play MP a lot whats the Google DNS any idea ? and what MTU setting should i keep It is currently on auto. will this solve the issue?

Archived