SRINI87

• 2 weeks later...

Because it'll be 1080p60fps on PC equivalent of medium settings.

Not that I would mind that a lot, but I was planning an upgrade anyway. May just have to bring it forward a bit.

Confused :(

You have an older generation Core i5, right?

If that is the case, just bump up your RAM to 8GB and get the latest graphic card from nVidia / AMD's stable, depending on price / performance. Should work out much better instead of a complete overhaul.

Sent from miG

They did it...Pcars is now the first racing game to run at 1080p60fps on PS4 with weather effects :D

Project CARS Runs at 60 FPS on PS4, Cars Have 60,000 Polygons on Consoles

Project CARS is coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One in November, and the good folks at Slightly Mad Studios are working hard to optimize the game.

Today I talked with Vehicle Art Manager Jan Frischkorn during a hands-on presentation, and he mentioned that the PS4 version is quite stable at 60 frames per second already, while the Xbox One version still didn’t reach that goal, which is why the game is currently being shown only on PS4. Of course that’s just the current condition, and the team is still working to achieve the frame rate goal on both consoles.

Frischkorn confirmed that the PS4 has a power advantage over the rival, and mentioned that it definitely makes things easier for developers. As a matter of fact, the team was surprised by how well the game ran on Sony’s new console from the beginning.

In addition to that, we learn that the cars have about 60,000 polygons each on consoles, while the PC version on Ultra shows cars with between 200,000 and 300,000 polygons. On high it will bring the number down to 60,000.

The reduction in polygons on consoles is compensated with normal maps, and the cars definitely still look awesome.

:D

You have an older generation Core i5, right?

If that is the case, just bump up your RAM to 8GB and get the latest graphic card from nVidia / AMD's stable, depending on price / performance. Should work out much better instead of a complete overhaul.

Sent from miG

Wasn't planning a complete overhaul. Yes I have a old core i5 and I already have 12gb of ram. Just need a new gpu I think. I've always had lower end gpus. 650ti, now 750ti (not mine). Thinking of getting something in the 770 range. Is the 8 series coming anytime soon?

Archived